Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nicholas Dreyer
Forum: General April 17th 10, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:20:31 -0400, kony wrote:

Up to you, but personally I never turn equipment off at the wall and
don't have any problem with doing so. It uses a single-digit # of...
Forum: General April 16th 10, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
Good Format Program for Hard Disk with Some Bad Clusters

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:00:09 -0400, wrote:

Do you know of a good format program I can download that allows me
to format this hard disk without trying to...
Forum: General April 12th 10, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
Floppy drive recognized by BIOS, but no access to disks

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 22:50:25 -0500, Grinder wrote:

Some BIOSes don't really do much of a check on the existance of the
drive. Do you hear the drive make a quick read on startup?

Yes, as I...
Forum: General April 12th 10, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 01:42:36 +0000, Nicholas Dreyer wrote:

Yes, I would never want to go through with all that Dave suggests - and
doubt anyone else would, unless they have some...
Forum: General April 12th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:32:23 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

Not so much to the motherboard but there's more stress put on the power
supply as the big capacitors 'fill', there's a big inrush current....
Forum: General April 12th 10, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 02:28:18 +0200, Massimo wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 02:39:00 -0400, "David W. Hodgins"
wrote:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:30:43 -0400, Nicholas...
Forum: General April 10th 10, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
Floppy drive recognized by BIOS, but no access to disks

Floppy drive attached to motherboard:
After replacing a blown power supply, everything else on the motherboard
seems back to normal, but software (e.g. file browsers, etc.) recognize
the drive, but...
Forum: General April 10th 10, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 19:08:51 -0400, Strobe wrote:

On 09 Apr 2010 03:26:08 GMT, Nicholas Dreyer wrote:

I keep my PC on for at most a few hours a day. After it has...
Forum: General April 9th 10, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Nicholas Dreyer
More or less safe to turn off power supply rocker switch?

I keep my PC on for at most a few hours a day. After it has powered
down, is it safer to shut off all power to the motherboard using the
toggle switch on the power supply, or is it better to leave...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9