Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Conor[_3_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 9th 10, 04:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor[_3_]
the place of a usb modem in networking

On 09/09/2010 15:25, transkawa wrote:

please, can someone tell me what is the position of a usb modem that
receieves a broadband or gprs reception in the networking landscape?
new to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Conor[_3_]
64 bit Windows and 3gb ram - problem?

On 29/08/2010 17:58, poachedeggs wrote:

Is the quote an absolute and not to be ignored, and if so, why these
64 bit 3gb machines?

Thanks.

No its not an absolute. You can run 64bit versions...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 10, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Conor[_3_]
64 bit Windows and 3gb ram - problem?

On 29/08/2010 19:38, Loren Pechtel wrote:

64 bit takes up more memory as the pointers are bigger. If you don't
have enough memory to need 64 bit to get it all all you are doing is
slowing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 10, 10:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Help pick out a mobo

On 15/08/2010 14:37, RayLopez99 wrote:

I noticed that. What are the DISadvantages of onboard sound? Since
sound is CPU intensive, if you want better performance you should get
a sound...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 10, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Win XP with new components

On 13/08/2010 14:00, pheasant16 wrote:
AMD Athlon II X3
MSI 980 mobo
DDR3 memory

can't imagine other peripherals would matter, but will have a sata hd,
dvd burner, pci modem and old pci...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 10, 06:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Conor[_3_]
AMD Certificate of Authenticity

On 13/08/2010 08:04, geoff wrote:
I just noticed this, but the AMD Phenom II 965 BE is missing the certificate
of authenticity. What I got looks like the following pictures:

Mine didn't come...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 30th 10, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Sata hdd not detected by Os install

On 30/07/2010 18:08, Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire E500 desktop im trying to install a clean
install of the OS XP Media Center Edition 2005, the sata 250 gig can been
seen...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 25th 10, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Need a nonelectronic monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

On 25/07/2010 05:15, Bill J. wrote:
Hi. I need some combination of hardware that lets me keep all
electronics and all metal-containing parts of a computer, its
peripherals and hardware at least...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 23rd 10, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Wi-Fi Question

On 23/07/2010 18:48, JP wrote:
I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop and would like to upgrade to an "N"
card adapter.

Under "Device Manager" it shows that the following adapter is installed:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 28th 10, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor[_3_]
help to find bios update versions

On 28/06/2010 14:59, Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi , I need to update the bios in an Acer Aspire 1700 laptop I have at this
moment version 5.3, I was told I need to install 5.4 then 5.5 then the one
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 28th 10, 11:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor[_3_]
motherboard beeps like ambulance (more complex problem) - helpappreciated!

On 28/06/2010 08:22, bj wrote:

Could anyone suggest a solution, please?

Yes. Clip on the heatsink. At the moment, its sat there doing nothing
whilst the processor is cooking itself. You MUST use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 27th 10, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Laptop works after warmed up

On 27/06/2010 16:56, Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi all, I have an Acer Aspire 1700 laptop, when I turn it on it goes past
the option to load into the bios then the screen goes black sometimes it has
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 20th 10, 11:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor[_3_]
SD card: 1G vs 2G

On 20/06/2010 11:16, Man-wai Chang wrote:
What are their difference?

Why is a card reader able to read the 1G but not the newer 2G card?

Thank you in advance!

Some are a different density...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 10, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor[_3_]
MacBook

On 18/06/2010 15:03, Man-wai Chang wrote:
Is it a waste of money when AMD/Intel notebook computers are of the same
power and ease of use?

This is my first Mac, its a 2009 13" Macbook Pro....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 18th 10, 12:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor[_3_]
SSD or no SSD (Solid State Drive)? x64 or x32?

On 18/06/2010 05:36, RayLopez99 wrote:
For a $1500 system, which is my budget, not for games but for coding,
should I get a Solid State Drive and if so, can I have it work in
tandem with (maybe...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor[_3_]
replacing 32 bit machine with 64 bit, laptop

On 16/06/2010 11:51, transkawa wrote:

is it wise for me to replace my i686 intel 32 bit cpu with an x86-64
model intel cpu? will i have any issues with my laptop computer if i do
so or is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 10, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet
Replies: 14
Posted By Conor[_3_]
iPad vs Tablet PC

On 02/06/2010 22:25, John Doe wrote:

You couldn't force me to buy one if my life depended on it.

Do you pay for anything?

Yes.

--
Conor www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk I'm not prejudiced. I hate...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 10, 11:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 02/06/2010 01:40, John Doe wrote:
Conorconor gmx.co.uk wrote:

John Doe wrote:
"peter"peter nowhere.net wrote:

The IPad Has all software controlled by Apple...if it does...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 10, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Conor[_3_]
iPad vs Tablet PC

On 01/06/2010 22:07, John Doe wrote:
"peter"peter nowhere.net wrote:

The IPad Has all software controlled by Apple...if it does not
approve of the Software you cannot install....so much...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 10, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Conor[_3_]
iPad vs Tablet PC

On 01/06/2010 10:44, Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) wrote:

How are they different from each others?

The tablet has a proper keyboard and can be used as a laptop.

--
Conor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 17th 10, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 17/05/2010 02:36, Puddin' Man wrote:
My new Asus P7H55D-M EVO mobo knows naught of diskette controllers. I'm
about to decide that I cannot cover the bases without a floppy drive.

Rubbish....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 16th 10, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Do USB ports go bad?

On 16/05/2010 12:46, mac wrote:
I have a laptop (Toshiba) in which one of the USB ports seems to be
dead. Do USB ports can go independently bad or could it be a Windows 7
issue like a driver or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 14th 10, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Install mobo, then cpu

On 14/05/2010 11:58, TVeblen wrote:
On 5/13/2010 8:38 PM, ~hp-hdx~ wrote:

"Willie The Wimp" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 8th 10, 08:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor[_3_]
First-time Builder: Good (v. Bad) Instructions

On 08/05/2010 03:39, jimmyleadfoot wrote:

I actually am starting with Sony Vaio box that runs slowly...

I figure I will replace the motherboard first, but that is just a
quess...

What is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 6th 10, 09:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Conor[_3_]
Spilt soda on Laptop Keybord - any suggestions on fixing theKeyboard?

On 05/05/2010 19:46, Ron Cliborn wrote:

I'd be very appreciative of any help, suggestions or even flames on
this matter.
I cannot begin to tell you the grief I'm catching from the wife on
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81