Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 2.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: SteveH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 12th 08, 06:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By SteveH
Home Burned DVD's gives players fits

pheasant wrote:

One other thing that I don't know if matters or not, these disks have
a bluish/green tinge to them. I seem to remember many years ago ago
cd disks that had this tinge were...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 11th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By SteveH
Should I support a heavy heatsink?

john wrote:
I put a "freezer 7 pro" on a gigabyte ep35-ds3l. Since the mobo is
mounted vertically, the heat sink puts a strain on the mobo. Should I
relieve this weight somehow? Perhaps by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 11th 08, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By SteveH
Is your family safety?

faiz wrote:
The are some good reasons to put home Security System.....

Please visit:

http://wireless-security-alarms.blogspot.com/2008/09/there-are-some-good-reasons-to-put-in.html

Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 10th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By SteveH
vhsc tapes to dvd

wrote:
What do I have to do to put my cam corder tapes{vhsc} on dvd. My pc
doesn't have the card installed to plugin my audio/video.
Do I have to have a powerful cpu or will my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 08, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By SteveH
DVD Drive failure

TVeblen wrote:
At $26.00 how much time should one really spend messing
around?

Less than it takes to buy a new one.
;-)
--
SteveH
Forum: General August 13th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt

Brian Cryer wrote:

Its got everything to do with it being a 32bit system. A 32bit system
has a 4GB address space. Out of that address space comes all memory
mapped devices, the largest of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.internet.wireless,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 28
Posted By SteveH
Big Monitor Scare. (HP L2335) (Wireless/GSM interference ?!?!?)

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:05:30 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

I am growing quite tired of people insulting me.

So stop posting such a load of **** then.

You'll then find that when you talk...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 08, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.internet.wireless,nl.gezondheid.medisch,nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 28
Posted By SteveH
Big Monitor Scare. (HP L2335) (Wireless/GSM interference ?!?!?)

wrote:
On Aug 10, 4:51 pm, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
nothing really.

If you do it yourself you will likely
electrocute yourself.

We live in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 08, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By SteveH
empolyment

wrote:
please send a news to me. thanks

OK, but this probably isn't news - You're stupid!
--
SteveH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 08, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

geoff wrote:
WRONG! But what there are though are plenty of idiots who CBA to do
anything properly.

Normally, I don't feed the trolls, but since you and a few others are
so smart, meet at...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 08, 10:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By SteveH
Screeching noise

geoff wrote:
You can place an e-mail address, a link to your website, or whatever
you want to include in a signature. See my signature for an example.
But please avoid come-ons to your...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 08, 11:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By SteveH
Screeching noise

Leslie Cupitt wrote:

From 28 years of experience with computers I can tell you the noise is
coming from one of the two or three cooling fans inside the computer.
The fans are built down to a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 20th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
Posted By SteveH
Cooling Questions for antec 1200, asus a8n32-sli, nvidia 7900 gtx.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Dear Google,

Please add filtering options to your newgroup software.

I would like to add my ban list to google so the next time my
hardware has failed and me must...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 20th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Dear Google,

Please add filtering options to your newgroup software.

I would like to add my ban list to google so the next time my
hardware has failed and me must...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 20th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 15

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Dear Google,

Please add filtering options to your newgroup software.

I would like to add my ban list to google so the next time my
hardware has failed and me must...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 20th 08, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
Posted By SteveH
Cooling Questions for antec 1200, asus a8n32-sli, nvidia 7900 gtx.

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Bye,
Skybuck.

Dear Sky****

Please STFU
--
SteveH
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 20th 08, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 21
Posted By SteveH
Cooling Questions for antec 1200, asus a8n32-sli, nvidia 7900 gtx.

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Bye,
Skybuck.

Dear Sky****

Please STFU
--
SteveH
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 20th 08, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 15
Posted By SteveH
Cooling Questions for antec 1200, asus a8n32-sli, nvidia 7900 gtx.

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Bye,
Skybuck.

Dear Sky****

Please STFU
--
SteveH
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 18th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design

Gabriel Knight wrote:

Skybuck but maybe you should find a better place to post your ideas
where they would be appreciated?!?

Indeed - dev.null
--
SteveH
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 18th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design

Gabriel Knight wrote:

Skybuck but maybe you should find a better place to post your ideas
where they would be appreciated?!?

Indeed - dev.null
--
SteveH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 18th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 23

Gabriel Knight wrote:

Skybuck but maybe you should find a better place to post your ideas
where they would be appreciated?!?

Indeed - dev.null
--
SteveH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 17th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By SteveH
Hardware damaged again.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

It seems the hardware of my pc is damaged again.

Probably the motherboard.

But most likely the idiot user.
--
SteveH
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 17th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

It seems the hardware of my pc is damaged again.

Probably the motherboard.

But most likely the idiot user.
--
SteveH
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 17th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 58
Posted By SteveH
Hardware damaged again.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

It seems the hardware of my pc is damaged again.

Probably the motherboard.

But most likely the idiot user.
--
SteveH
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 17th 08, 11:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By SteveH
Hardware damaged again.

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Yep. The higher they fly, the harder they crash. Have you considered
that a simpler machine might be more reliable? If you're planning on
long life, you might...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 137