Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Igor Batinic
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 26th 11, 10:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Igor Batinic
IBM DS3300 management interface not reachable

Hi!

Michael Paris wrote:
Dear all,

today I tried to connect to our DS3300 storage with Storage Manager
client as I did it in the past, but the connection fails! If I try to
ping the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 15th 11, 05:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 68
Posted By Igor Batinic
Hitachi to sell HDD unit to Western Digital

Hi!

On 15.3.2011 16:37, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 14/03/2011 7:40 AM, David Brown wrote:

What OS and apps take that much space? Even a Win7 install doesn't take
more than about 10 GB. I know...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 13th 11, 05:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 74
Posted By Igor Batinic
Which fast SATA HDD(s) to hold and access over 8 TB of datasto get for a desktop PC? [ESATA]

Hi!

Gerald Abrahamson wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:19:50 -0600, (Ant)
wrote:

Be sure to have a data backup plan also. That is another 8 TB of
drives at a minimum...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 19th 10, 12:15 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 41
Posted By Igor Batinic
Speeding up Windows with a SSD

Hi!

David Brown wrote:
On 19/11/2010 01:21, Arno wrote:

On the other hand, I do not trust SSDs enough at this time
to put the OS on them. I do have my mailbox and some
other critical...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 14th 10, 09:30 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Igor Batinic
HP StorageWorks SAN Switch - 'undefined symbol'

Hi!

tvmo wrote:

In addition can someone point me in the right direction for a command
line manual for the above switch.

Here you can find a lot of stuff, just take care about FOS...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 13th 10, 08:22 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Igor Batinic
HP Storageworks SAN Switch

Hi!

tvmo wrote:
Hi Iggy,

I've isolated the problem to the COM port on the server. I tried to
connect via another machine and it worked.

Thanks very much for your input, much...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 12th 10, 09:20 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Igor Batinic
HP Storageworks SAN Switch

Hi!

tvmo wrote:
I found the doc......

I'll give it a try though it looks like I'll have to log in, which I
can't do!

I'll try to recreate the case, I suppose I have somewhere 4100 to play...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 12th 10, 09:09 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Igor Batinic
HP Storageworks SAN Switch

Hi!

tvmo wrote:
Hi Iggy,

Thanks for your reply

Give us a model of that switch.

This is the model:
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 11th 10, 05:58 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Igor Batinic
HP Storageworks SAN Switch

Hi!

tvmo wrote:
Hello,

If I've posted in the wrong place can someone please point me in the
right direction?

I've got a console connection to a HP Storageworks SAN Switch that
I've...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 16th 09, 09:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 26
Posted By Igor Batinic
Getting a hard drive for a Aptiva?

Hi!

Rod Speed wrote:
Igor Batinic wrote
PoopskinTheLiar wrote:

"182137e26af11lm2"

It seems that you have M/T 2137-e26. Try to find support with that.
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 16th 09, 08:18 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

PoopskinTheLiar wrote:
"182137e26af11lm2"

It seems that you have M/T 2137-e26. Try to find support with that.

With best regards,

Iggy
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 12th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
Replies: 17
Posted By Igor Batinic
Rounding IDE Cables

Hi!

nobody wrote:
Igor Batinic wrote:

A plenty of that, also Google a little bit. Therefore, whenever you
have any kind of high-speed copper connection, twisted pair must be
used...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 12th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
Replies: 4
Posted By Igor Batinic
Rounding IDE Cables

Hi!

nobody wrote:
Igor Batinic wrote:

A plenty of that, also Google a little bit. Therefore, whenever you
have any kind of high-speed copper connection, twisted pair must be
used...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 09, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
Replies: 4
Posted By Igor Batinic
Rounding IDE Cables

Hi!

Vince wrote:
On 08:58 10 Nov 2009, Rod Speed wrote:

Not much.

My impression is that the 80-way PATA cables were a big improvement on
the old 40-way cables. Does anyone know...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 11th 09, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
Replies: 17
Posted By Igor Batinic
Rounding IDE Cables

Hi!

Vince wrote:
On 08:58 10 Nov 2009, Rod Speed wrote:

Not much.

My impression is that the 80-way PATA cables were a big improvement on
the old 40-way cables. Does anyone know...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 10th 09, 08:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components
Replies: 17
Posted By Igor Batinic
Rounding IDE Cables

Hi!

Vince wrote:
On 23:10 9 Nov 2009, Arno wrote:

mike wrote:

It also depends on lenght. My experiences are (If I remember
correctly): 30cm - works, 45cm - data...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 18th 09, 12:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 44
Posted By Igor Batinic
Battery backup: problem with my APC?

Hi!

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Igor Batinic wrote:
Next time you want to press the "send" button, please, re-read and
re-think again.

I stand by my assertion, I've had different experiences...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 15th 09, 06:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 44
Posted By Igor Batinic
Battery backup: problem with my APC?

Hi!

kenk wrote:
I was sitting at my desk yesterday during a storm when there was a
split-second power outage. Despite the fact that my battery shows all 5
lights lit, the computer...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 15th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 44
Posted By Igor Batinic
Battery backup: problem with my APC?

Hi!

Yousuf Khan wrote:
kenk wrote:

Is there a better brand to use than APC? Can the battery be sub-par
even though the test lights say it is OK? What have others of you
chosen?
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 28th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Igor Batinic
40pin FC-AL Fibre / Fiber Channel Hard Drive

Hi!

shawn wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2009 06:16:05 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

DevilsPGD kenjka:
Any suggestions as to what sort of host...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 13th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Igor Batinic
wanted: ibm intelistation m pro (6218) drive tray

Hi!

Sorry about the date...

Best regards,

Iggy
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 12th 09, 11:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Igor Batinic
wanted: ibm intelistation m pro (6218) drive tray

Hi!

Nicolas Noiseux wrote:
i am looking for a drive tray for the ibm intellistation m pro (model 6218).
i cannot find a part number for this. can anybody tell me what it is and/or
where to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 3rd 09, 11:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Igor Batinic
Seagate ST31000333AS in a RAID6, different firmwares?

Hi!

Kremlar wrote:

- I put in a call to Seagate support, and they tell me these drives
should function fine in a RAID configuration. Anyone have any GOOD
experiences to share?

Yes....
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 10th 09, 04:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By Igor Batinic
Seagate and AMD demo 6 Gbps SATA

Hi!

wrote:
Igor Batinic kenjka:
Can you elaborate this? I've never seen such a thing, on the various
systems from 2 to 180...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 10th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By Igor Batinic
Seagate and AMD demo 6 Gbps SATA

Hi!

YKhan wrote:
On Mar 9, 9:38 pm, "Timothy Daniels" wrote:

What use is a faster interface if disk rotational speed remains
the same?

I'm still waiting...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49