Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 1.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tal Fuchs
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Tal Fuchs
IDE and SATA HDD's in same machine?

Ide drives are not slower then SATA ones

"Trimble Bracegirdle" wrote in message
"""IDE to SATA converter"""
I've been...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Is a Celeron 1.7GHz equivalent to a 1.5GHz Pentium

regarding application/game requirements Celeron and P4 are identical.
this does not mean the application will work the same on both CPU. The main
difference is the size of the L1 and L2 cache.
You...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Video Card

You can see the 9800 here
http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/10/04/vga_charts_iv/page5.html#3dmark_2003
a full list of charts is here
http://www.tomshardware.com/site/vgacharts/index.html

I think...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 32
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Additional RAM proved fatal

If you can see a 512MB I guess the 512 one is OK. the other two are total of
256 (2*128)
I guess the 128 ines are much older and much slower so in any case I advice
you to keep the 512 one only, if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 07, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Tal Fuchs
New (proposed) build

look in Tom's hardware VGA charts
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=544&model2=532&chart=225
It will make you easier decide what is best for your money.

You can also look...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Tal Fuchs
New (proposed) build

1. what do you need the Floppy for ? I took mine out after not using it for
few years.
2. I think you can get nVidia graphics cards that are at the same price and
much better ones.
3. Don't go for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Tal Fuchs
cleaning inside PC with vacuum cleaner

I never had any problem using a vacum cleaner taking the dust out of the
case.
New computer parts are much less sensitive to electrostatic as was few years
ago.
I don't suggest you to do it in very...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 07, 04:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
crashing PC with siren sound

Alarm level was set to 70cel.
I never saw it getting over 50cel. (I have Motherboard monitor runing all
time)
Any case I put new arctic silver 5 to replcae the original compoundare came
with the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Tal Fuchs
when the connectors from the case don't fit the mobo?

you can also try using a sharp knife to cut the plastics into single
connectors, and plug them.

"meerkat" wrote in message

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 07, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Free Computer Maintenance.

will you give your free services worldwide ?

wrote in message
If you are facing any problems on your...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Tal Fuchs
SATA v SCSI v SAS drives

There are no big difference in performance between all these.
some IDE drives are quicker then identical SATA ones.
Very fast drives won't give you more then 5% boost in overall work.

For server you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Tal Fuchs
How can I increase the velocity of my computer.

Try by saying what you have now
what do you need the computer for - gaming, internet, multimedia, 3D
architecture .... ?

Tal

"caronte" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Problem!

It might be that the system is still OK,.
The electric short was very short, and might be that it only dmaged the PSU.
As you write he only get blue screens with WOW, right ? in this case I'd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Problem!

It might be that the system is still OK,.
The electric short was very short, and might be that it only dmaged the PSU.
As you write he only get blue screens with WOW, right ? in this case I'd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 07, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
Looking for AMD Athlon 64 4400+ socket 939

do you think this upgrade worth 400 $
I doubt

"johns" wrote in message
What is going on with this cpu? Every...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 07, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
crashing PC with siren sound

Hi,

I have an AMD Sempron 2400 CPU with Abit NF7-S2 motherboard.
the machine can work fine for many hours or even few days, but after a
while, mostly on high load it shut down and a siren sound...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 15th 06, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
ATI TV Wonder VE driver needed

Thanks,
I looked there before.
drivers are the same, only the multimedia application is older :(

BTW - I'm using WinXP SP2

Tal

"Ted F" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards December 15th 06, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Tal Fuchs
ATI TV Wonder VE driver needed

I have an old ATI TV Wonder VE card.

It worked perfectly until few days ago I had a system crash and had to
reinstall the system.
Now I can't make the TV tuner to work. It he an "error code 10" in...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18