Showing results 1 to 25 of 87
Search took 2.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Red Cloud
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 13, 07:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Cloud
Haswell + DDR4

On May 26, 11:33*am, Flasherly wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2013 14:13:56 -0400, Paul wrote:

* *"The Japanese government stepped in to help the firm in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 13, 08:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Red Cloud
The Death of Mobile

On Apr 22, 9:53*pm, "geoff" wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/apple-profit-probably-fell-f...
Apple Profit Probably Fell Amid Growth Slowdown for IPhone

Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 13, 07:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Cloud
Testing CPU fan

On Apr 18, 7:20*am, wrote:
Is the only way to test that the fan is working to obeserve rotation - quiet fan?

Touch the heat sinker. Feel hot your fans has no effect...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 13th 13, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Red Cloud
Samsung 85" 3800x2600 UHDTV Ready to Delivery

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/49264/samsung-s9-4k-price-south-korea

WOW! Korean again. Why Korean make this? Why not Mexican or Black ?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 22nd 13, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Red Cloud
Linux OS

On Feb 21, 8:24*pm, Michael Black wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, Red Cloud wrote:

Is there any reason to use Linux OS over *WinXP? *I made Linux
installation CD but I don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 13, 06:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Red Cloud
Linux OS

Is there any reason to use Linux OS over WinXP? I made Linux
installation CD but I don't know
If I need Linux. WinXP software program is not compatible with
Linux OS, so I have to get
Linux...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 13, 07:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Cloud
GeForce2 MX400 TV-Out (4 pins S-Video)

On Feb 15, 12:50*am, Paul wrote:
Red Cloud wrote:
* I need a 1024x768 TV-out which offers by most ATI AGP card. *Have to
use GeForce2 MX400
on IntelMB from Asrock...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 13, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
Hard Drive Simply Not Dying....

On Feb 12, 5:20*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 12/02/2013 2:45 PM, Red Cloud wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 13, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
Hard Drive Simply Not Dying....

On Feb 11, 5:40*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 11/02/2013 2:40 AM, Red Cloud wrote:

Physical error other than sector error can't be detect by SMART.
Sector error...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 13, 07:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Cloud
GeForce2 MX400 TV-Out (4 pins S-Video)

On Feb 9, 10:22*am, Flasherly wrote:
On Feb 9, 11:52 am, Flasherly wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 13, 07:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
Hard Drive Simply Not Dying....

On Feb 4, 2:17*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 04/02/2013 2:01 AM, Red Cloud wrote:

* Samsung 80G HD has a SMART warning error of future failure (Back up
the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 13, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Red Cloud
GeForce2 MX400 TV-Out (4 pins S-Video)

I need a 1024x768 TV-out which offers by most ATI AGP card. Have to
use GeForce2 MX400
on IntelMB from Asrock since most early version of ATI Radeon AGP are
all incompatible with IntelMB. The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 4th 13, 07:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Red Cloud
Hard Drive Simply Not Dying....

Samsung 80G HD has a SMART warning error of future failure (Back up
the data warning) during boot-up and done all kind of HD utiliity test
showed no sign of sector error or any kind. One time it was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 13, 08:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Red Cloud
an old-timer mutters about DDR* speeds

On Jan 13, 12:28*pm, wrote:
DDR went up to 400 (500 for the top shelf overclock specials)
DDR2 went up to 1066 (1200 for the top shelf overclock specials)
DDR3 is tipped to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 13, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Cloud
Replace a Q9550?

On Jan 12, 12:32*pm, "Orange Crush" wrote:
The terrible thing being that Asians sell people. *They even sell their
daughters.

You expect them to sell at Whitetrash...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 9th 13, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Cloud
Replace a Q9550?

On Jan 8, 2:37*pm, Paul wrote:
Red Cloud wrote:
On Jan 7, 10:53 pm, John Doe wrote:

Memory is dirt cheap, but looks like CPU prices are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 13, 09:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Cloud
Replace a Q9550?

On Jan 8, 9:43*am, Loren Pechtel wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 17:53:56 +0000 (UTC), John Doe

wrote:
What's the cost for a comparable CPU...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 13, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Cloud
Replace a Q9550?

On Jan 7, 10:53*pm, John Doe wrote:

Memory is dirt cheap, but looks like CPU prices are high.

DDR memory is cheap because it can't design and manufacture by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 12, 05:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Cloud
Could Memory Dump error in Blue Screen Caused by Other than memory?

On Dec 28, 7:44*am, Paul wrote:
SC Tom wrote:

"Red Cloud" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 12, 09:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Cloud
Could Memory Dump error in Blue Screen Caused by Other than memory?

Could be other than physical memory error ? I remember I had two or
three memory dump error in blue screen and I don't think there is
anything physical wrong with DDR memory. I've been using same...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 12, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Red Cloud
Overheated Graphic Card Slow Down GPU speed?

My video process suddenly slowed down when I did multi-task video
processing. I touched the
AGP card, it was very hot. My card is old AGP has no fan attached just
an heatsinker. I know that
today...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 12, 06:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Cloud
PC Auto Shutdown

On Dec 2, 8:10*pm, Paul wrote:
Red Cloud wrote:

MB: Intel P4145GX_PE
BIOS: AMI v.3.0
OS: WinXP Pro 3.0

Problems: Unexpected shutdown or freeze.

Used PC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 12, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Cloud
PC Auto Shutdown

MB: Intel P4145GX_PE
BIOS: AMI v.3.0
OS: WinXP Pro 3.0

Problems: Unexpected shutdown or freeze.

Used PC for long time I've never faced serious problem of PC
shutdown unexpectedly. First time I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 5th 12, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Red Cloud
Download Speed Up Without Upgraded ISP line.

On Oct 3, 9:48*pm, Paul wrote:
Red Cloud wrote:
* I don't know why my internet download speed gone up. Average Youtube
download speed has up from *91kb/sec to *125kb/sec...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 4th 12, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Red Cloud
Download Speed Up Without Upgraded ISP line.

I don't know why my internet download speed gone up. Average Youtube
download speed has up from 91kb/sec to 125kb/sec with basic DSL
line. My internet service provider did not upgrade my line but ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 87