Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ikke
Forum: General November 1st 10, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Ikke
How do I install a CPU with the heatsink already on top?

snip /

Thanks everyone for your advice - since I didn't have any thermal grease at
hand, I decided to take the computer with me to the dealer.

There, he suggested to do the job for me, since I...
Forum: General October 28th 10, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Ikke
How do I install a CPU with the heatsink already on top?

Hi everybody,

Today I wanted to add another harddrive to my computer, and decided to
blow out the accumulated dust inside the computer at the same time.

After opening the case, I noticed there was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 3rd 10, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Ikke
Can't decide between N250GTS and N250GTX!

Hi everybody,

I need some help deciding on which new video card I need to buy for my
computer.

First of all, I'm a software developer, and need my machine for work 90%
of the time. The remaining...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 1st 09, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Ikke
Computer refuses to boot - plug came loose from the mainboard

Paul wrote in
:

snip
When a computer store builds a computer for you, using a retail
Asus motherboard, they should give you the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 29th 09, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Ikke
Computer refuses to boot - plug came loose from the mainboard

Hi everybody,

At home I have a computer which, as of now, is unable to start. This
particular computer has a rather annoying power button, it's not a
standard on/off button but more like a reset...
Forum: General Hardware December 18th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Ikke
Hyperthreading versus temperature

Hi everybody,

Could anybody tell me if turning hyperthreading on/off on a CPU has an
effect on it's operating temperature?

I'd figure that turning it off would decrease the operating temperature,...
Forum: General October 5th 06, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Ikke
17" monitor shows strange colours

"Rod Speed" wrote in news:4ol1r7Ff1efmU1
@individual.net:

snipped
The monitor has obviously developed a fault.

Grinder has suggested to test the cable - if that does...
Forum: General October 5th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Ikke
17" monitor shows strange colours

Grinder wrote in

snipped
The cable between the monitor and the PC could have a short in it.
Those thick cables are...
Forum: General October 5th 06, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Ikke
17" monitor shows strange colours

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has just brought in a 17" monitor (Smile), which has
worked perfectly until now.

Last night he called me to tell me that the colours were looking rather
strange, and...
Forum: General August 15th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ikke
Looking for a small laptop harddisk

"Jan Alter" wrote in

"Ikke" wrote in message
"Jan Alter"...
Forum: General August 15th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ikke
Looking for a small laptop harddisk

"Jan Alter" wrote in

"Ikke" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

Forum: General August 15th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ikke
Looking for a small laptop harddisk

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a small laptop harddisk (30 GB or less) for my Acer. Does
anybody know of an online shop that sells cheap new/used hard disks (no
ebay)?

Thanks,

Ikke
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12