Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 24th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
M2N-PV Motherboard Lan

Jim wrote:
I have a friend with the above motherboard with the lan icon showing a
network cable unplugged. The cat5 does work on a laptop. I have
reinstalled drivers and it shows hardware...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 23rd 08, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 27
Posted By Rob
Here's a question for the Nvidia chipset / Windows Xp experts!

wrote:
On 21-Jan-2008, Rob wrote:

As far as
your Memory settings, you could try sending the Patriot Part # along
with your board...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 21st 08, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Rob
M2N-SLI Deluxe NIC Question

C. Stuart McKendrick, III wrote:
If you know what's causing this, I am interested to know more information.

I leave my computer on at night, and when I come back in the morning, the
NICs are...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 21st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 27
Posted By Rob
Here's a question for the Nvidia chipset / Windows Xp experts!

wrote:
On 21-Jan-2008, Andy wrote:

What physical disk drive does Disk Management says contains the
Windows system partition?

It says "Disk 0"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 21st 08, 03:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus,alt.comp.pheriphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 27
Posted By Rob
Here's a question for the Nvidia chipset / Windows Xp experts!

wrote:
I have an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard, 4 gigs of Ram,
(only 2.75gb avail tho) 5 internal harddrives (1 IDE and 4 Sata)
and an ATI Radeon x1800 Video card. (the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 20th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Rob
Grandmars X1300 not working properly at AGP 8x

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
According to the approved VGA card list for the board, there care no
X Series boards listed, only 7/8/9000 Series. Maybe the Mobo only
accepts 1.5v cards and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 20th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Rob
Grandmars X1300 not working properly at AGP 8x

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
When I set it at AGP 8x on Asrock P4I65G (cheap board), the screen would
become a mess after a game started for more than 5 minutes. Is it
normal? Problem of the card...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 18th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Rob
M2N8-VMX motherboard

Venom wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
(snip)

V,
If in fact, the problem is PNP0103, then the culprit is...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 18th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Rob
M2N8-VMX motherboard

(snip)
V,
If in fact, the problem is PNP0103, then the culprit is Microsoft not
ASUS! I just checked my systems registry here and PNP0103 does show up
as the HPET function. Things...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 17th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Rob
M2N8-VMX motherboard

Venom wrote:

SP2 sorted the little bugger out ok so that has to mean that the
driver is on the motherboard cd in the first place.

Actually what you had was a pci...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 16th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Rob
M2N8-VMX motherboard

Venom wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

Venom wrote:

Is there anybody out there in Australia...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 16th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Rob
M2N8-VMX motherboard

Venom wrote:
Is there anybody out there in Australia using this motherboard?
The motherboard drivers cd was not with the motherboard when I got it and I
have downloaded everything from the ASUS...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 12th 07, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob
A7N8X Deluxe 2.0: Multiplier confusion

Andreas Eibach wrote:
As I do not have the time atm to reapply new heatsink compound, I
decided to clock my CPU down a bit because it got a bit too hot at
higher load (Athlon XP Thoroughbred...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 6th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
AGP video card compatible with P5A MB

DaveW wrote:
I do not believe that that model of motherboard contains an AGP socket. You
have to use a PCI-E version of video card.

Dave,

I suspect your thinking about the P5B. The P5A...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 21st 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Rob
USB ports

arbee wrote:
I have a Dell pc with plenty of usb ports, but the four on the front panel
don't work - they have power, but don't seem to have a data connection.
I've had the machine from new...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Rob
For the numbnuts who told me to buy a PS2 splitter

Noddy wrote:
"Ron Krebs" wrote in message
ok, figure it out then.

What kind of response is that? I know how to "figure it out"....
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Rob
I have a P4P800 SE mainboard and my system clock always loseshours

Robert Miller wrote:
BTW: How long is a battery supposed to last? Mine must be at least 2 years
old. I bought the mainboard new for $189 just over 2 years ago.

Thanks again!
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 20th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Rob
Best bios for A7n8x-deluxe and mobile cpu?

EGK wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:52:42 GMT, "mr deo"
wrote:

"EGK" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 9th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 35
Posted By Rob
Who else thinks P5K having only keyboard PS2 sucks?

Thomas Andersson wrote:
Tim S. wrote:

then it is common for them to use mouse PS2 also. There are two
reason I prefer PS2. One is a major issue. PS2 uses less cpu
resources than...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 8th 07, 03:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob
Question on P5K audio connectors.

algae wrote:
I am installing a P5K motherboard in an Antec Sonata II case. I have
to use the 7 audio wires as the board won't take the 10 pin audio
connector. The motherboard manual doesn't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 7th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Rob
Need advice please! RCN 10 mbs cable modem on Asus A8n-SLI Yukonor Nvidia connection?? Thanks.

Newzhound777 wrote:
milleron wrote:
Newzhound777 wrote:

Hello,

Please let me know which would be the correct procedure to connect
and setup an 10 mbs RCN cable modem to my...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 16th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Rob
M2N232-SLI Deluxe ide showing up as disk 0

wrote:
I have the above motherboard. I have an SATA hard drive that has been
in the system since day 1. I just added my old IDE. Now the IDE shows
up as disk 0 and the SATA...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 14th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob
P4T/P4T-E: USB Keyboard not recognized until XP booted

_DG wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:33:02 +0200, "Egil Solberg"
wrote:

_DG wrote:

I've got a couple P4T/P4T-E systems that do not respond to a USB
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 13th 07, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob
sk8n cmos battery

mr deo wrote:
"mr deo" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 13th 07, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob
New CPU = No POST (Fan spins briefly)

Lief wrote:
"Ryan" wrote in message

Thanks for for your insight and have a great night,
Ryan
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61