Showing results 1 to 25 of 322
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pen
Forum: Dell Computers October 26th 09, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By pen
Computer

Tom Lake wrote:
"Pen" wrote in message
Pen wrote:
Do not buy a new computer. Get your's fixed. Try pushing the switch...
Forum: Dell Computers October 25th 09, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By pen
Removing Creative soundblaster from Dell XPS710

Andrew Hodgson wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:27:25 +0000, Andrew Hodgson
wrote:

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS410 which I got with a Creative sound blaster (this
Forum: Dell Computers May 24th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By pen
Poweredge 2650 question

Tyler David wrote:
Hi,

I have a PowerEdge 2650 server and was wondering if there is anyway to
upgrade the video card. I see no way to disable the onboard video card in
the BIOS.

Forum: General May 19th 09, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By pen
Older Compaq memory question please

Bob Newman wrote:
I have a Compaq Presario 3000 series laptop (R3120US) and would like to
expand the memory. Can anyone tell me the type of memory it uses and the
maximum it will hold? ...
Forum: Dell Computers May 16th 09, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By pen
Dim8400

Bill wrote:
Have an 8400 from 2004, P4 etc and sitting idle. I am thinking of changing
the motherboard and get it up to speed.

Is this possible or are Dell motherboards and architecture...
Forum: General April 13th 09, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By pen
External drives for Dell Inspiron 531

Allen wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with Vista Home Premium, SR1. The motherboard
supports only SATA drives. I have several ATA and PATA drives that I
would like to install in USB remote...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 09, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By pen
Small Form Factor slot on the GX150

scooterspal wrote:
Something is not right about the SFF slot on back of the GX150. Now that
I look closely at it there is no way a standard PCI card... small or
otherwise... will work.

Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 09, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By pen
Chipset Drivers

Daave wrote:
"Pen" wrote in message
Daave wrote:
I'm helping out a friend with her Dell Dimension 8100 desktop.

Since...
Forum: Dell Computers April 2nd 09, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By pen
Chipset Drivers

Daave wrote:
I'm helping out a friend with her Dell Dimension 8100 desktop.

Since I'll be performing a clean install, I want to make sure I first
have all the necessary drivers. But when it...
Forum: Dell Computers September 20th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By pen
can't put in a second drive in XPS 630i

Fish wrote:
I have a Hitachi disk drive (SATA, deskstar, 3.5 in) but I can't put
it in the drive bay in this computer. All the available bays has 2
screws that prevent the disk to slide in. ...
Forum: Dell Computers September 15th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By pen
Inspiron 530 with Vista 64

Robert McMillan wrote:
I had a friend purchase an Inspiron 530 a while back with the plan to
install Vista 64 but then found that Dell didnt support it and therefore
there were no drivers...
Forum: Dell Computers August 30th 08, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By pen
Dimension 5000 lost onboard sound

Swarfmaker wrote:
I had to reinstal XP Pro and somehow managed to lose the onboard sound. I've
tried reinstalling drivers but no joy.
Device managers shows that SoundMax drivers are installed...
Forum: General August 30th 08, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By pen
1Gz Celeron system - sockets? memory?

Calab wrote:
I don't have any specs for my friends system, except that it currently has
128meg of memory and a 1Ghz Celeron CPU.

I've got some spare parts and want to do some upgrades, so...
Forum: Dell Computers August 24th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By pen
8250 internal hard drive

R. Dale Shipp wrote:
The internal hard drive on my DELL 8250 is starting to chatter when the
virus scan runs -- I suspect it is getting some bad spots, and it is
only a matter of time before...
Forum: Dell Computers August 24th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By pen
Use of second DVI on Monitor?

Med wrote:
Hi,

I have noticed that 24" Dell 2408WFP monitor has two DVI input connection.
What is the use of the second one?

Med

Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By pen
Call me Dr. Frankenstein...

Bill Hileman wrote:
Some of you might recall a post I made a couple of months back when one of
my twin sons (autistic) had accidentally spilled water on his laptop. The
machine was indeed...
Forum: Dell Computers July 28th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By pen
Need XP audio driver for MX8711 Notebook

Some Rider in Cincinnati wrote:
Is there an audio driver for a MX8711 notebook running XP Pro? I can't
find one on the Dell site.

Thanks.
Isn't that a Gateway part number? It certainly isn't...
Forum: General July 24th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By pen
Dell Poweredge 2400 server auto power on

Daryl J. Davey wrote:
Hi,

I recently acquired a Dell Poweredge 2400 servers, which I have been playing
with setting up.

Everything seems to work fine except the server originally kept...
Forum: Dell Computers July 13th 08, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 29
Posted By pen
Dell computer question.

ape shall not kill ape wrote:
On Jul 13, 11:51 am, Ben Myers
wrote:
Model? Laptop or desktop? ... Ben Myers

It's a Dell Optiplex GX260

Forum: General July 1st 08, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By pen
Switch VS Router

gecko wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:04:46 +0200, "Marcel Overweel"
wrote:

To be complete, I will also explain a hub:
A hub is dumb, it transmits every incoming...
Forum: General July 1st 08, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By pen
Switch VS Router

wrote:

To be complete, I will also explain a hub:
A hub is dumb, it transmits every incoming...
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By pen
changing OS on old dimension 4100

snogal wrote:
I made the big mistake of installing win 2000 from a dell precision
workstation onto a Dimension 4100 that had win 95 on it. Boyfriend
wanted a better OS and well, I am stupid....
Forum: Dell Computers June 24th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By pen
Dell XPS T450

Cdlsrn wrote:
Now that I got my new Dell xps 420 system, I would like to wipe my Windows
98se off my Dell XPS T450 and install XP and give it to my brother.
The specs are Dell Dimension XPS...
Forum: Dell Computers June 22nd 08, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By pen
D400 Invalid Configuration Error

sydney wrote:
I have a Dell d400 that will not boot past the bios screen, and comes
up with an error that says "Invalid Configuration Information - Please
run Setup". The PC does not have a CD...
Forum: General June 21st 08, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By pen
PC turn on after shutdown

Avelino Tavares wrote:
I have a pc when i shutdown, he do this, but imediatly power on
automatically.
I had change de power supply, change memory, verify cables but my problem
persist.
I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 322