Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ransack The Elder
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 21st 03, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 5
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Athlon that thinks its a Duron

Sounds like a BIOS problem.

"Jamie_Manic" wrote in message
Help!! I have an Athlon XP 2400+ on an Elite Systems K7S5A mobo. All...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 17th 03, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Ransack The Elder wrote:
"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 16th 03, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Ransack The Elder wrote:
"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

Well, I don't feel so bad then. My IDE IBM is faster than the SATA Raptor!

"Bill" wrote in message
In article...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 07:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 06:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

"J.Clarke" wrote in message

IDE hardware that runs faster than UDMA/100 is marketing hype. The
performance limit...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 05:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

"The TweakOholic" wrote in message
If it's speed that you're after, get yourself a Western Digital...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

Just an update..

I moved the IBM drive to a seperate controller, so each had their own
controller. The IBM is still a hare faster than the SATA drive, isolating it
on the controller did not help...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 12th 03, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 33
Posted By Ransack The Elder
SATA vs. IDE

First off, I realize this is not a hard drive newsgroup. However, I never
visit any hard drive groups, and I know the folks here know what's going on
so I'll ask here...plus I have an AMD system...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 5th 03, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 2
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Arctic Silver or Arctic Alumina?

"S.Heenan" wrote in message
Ransack The Elder wrote:
Any thoughts on them? Is Alumina as good as Silver?...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 5th 03, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 6
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Did I make a mistake?

"777ouse" wrote in message
Hey guess just an opion of mine i have a 2400 and a 2500... the xp2400
clocks at 2.0 mhz and...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 5th 03, 04:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 2
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Arctic Silver or Arctic Alumina?

Any thoughts on them? Is Alumina as good as Silver? I have some of each I
can use, but the Silver is about a year old while I just got the Alumina the
other day so it's fresher. I'm thinking go...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 1st 03, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 6
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Did I make a mistake?

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:37:11 +0000, Ransack The Elder wrote:

Ordered a new...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors July 1st 03, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 6
Posted By Ransack The Elder
Did I make a mistake?

Ordered a new processor today, I ordered the XP 2600+. Should I have gotten
the Barton 2500 instead? I went with clock speed over cache, both are the
same price. Would the slower Barton's extra cache...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14