Showing results 1 to 25 of 177
Search took 0.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: - Bobb -
Forum: General April 1st 12, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By - Bobb -
Paperless faxing - prices dropping?

Just had my nephew ask me about these. He wondered WHY specs showed that it
needed a direct internet connection. I replied and will post here as an FYI:

With an e-printer you can be in a coffee...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 22nd 10, 05:10 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By - Bobb -
power supply questions

dh@. wrote in message ...
Hi,

I work at a night club and we have a lighting control board that
has two mother boards. The other day it...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 5th 10, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By - Bobb -
Presario SR1150NX -- Need to wipe and fresh install -- HOW??

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=426016&

click on " how-to"

"OSIRIS" wrote in message...
Forum: Compaq Computers June 27th 10, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By - Bobb -
Dead Compaq SR2037X, sorta.

"Seth_J" wrote in message

My sister recently shipped me a nonfunctioning Compaq SR2037X desktop
thinking maybe I could...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 09, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

Also,
it's been such a long time ago that this thread started with WordPad /"
..doc" questions.

How about considering this thread closed and if jpg questions, start a new
one.
As for what happened...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 09, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

I've never used/heard of LView, SO

go into LView and choose HELP

You might find to open a pictur standalone you have to type soemthing
special
like " LView.exe / openwithxxxx".

For the time...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 09, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

the message:
". . .jpg is not a valid Win32 application "

That's true - jpg is NOT an application .

Tells me that YOU have associated filetype of .jpg with a PROGRAM called "
jpg "
THAT is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

To confirm your problem that was posted he
you wanted to save a picture from a webpage, so you " used to"
right-click/copy the picture, then PASTE into wordpad. Right ?
That's all I was trying to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 09, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. wrote in message
It's not really a Notepad icon after all, but it is a text icon
just white with black lines and the spiral...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 09, 01:55 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden

THEO@TO. wrote in message

I right clicked on a WordPad icon and selected Run as... The box
by "Protect my computer and data from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

THEO@TO. wrote in message
It's not really a Notepad icon after all, but it is a text icon
just white with black lines and the spiral looking...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:07:29 -0500, "- Bobb -"
snip
I looked at things more closely after...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

THEO@TO. wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:11:15 +0000, JD
CUT

My idea is that every PC should have NotePad...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
Problem with WordPad all of a sudden.

"JD" wrote in message
THEO@TO. wrote:
For years I've been taking .jpgs and pasting them in WordPad
documents and thought...
Forum: Compaq Computers December 5th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By - Bobb -
Compaq Presario R4000 laptop

"goofyfootrider63" wrote in
message ...

this unit has been working well since i got it a few years ago but...
Forum: Compaq Computers December 5th 09, 12:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 2
Posted By - Bobb -
HP Presario problem with installation of XP

"mc090203195_aa" wrote in message
I was installing windows xp on my laptop. The CD gave error and...
Forum: Compaq Computers November 27th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By - Bobb -
Notebook With Pluggable Hard Drive

"W" wrote in message
I'm looking for a notebook with a 17" widescreen monitor that has its hard
drive...
Forum: Compaq Computers September 21st 09, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By - Bobb -
Compaq Desk Pro ESN POST beeps

POST isn't PC specific - it's BIOS maker specific
So just check Google for more info, but that code is video problem
here's one:
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/awardB12-c.html

"davejneal"...
Forum: Compaq Computers September 21st 09, 01:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 0
Posted By - Bobb -
Looking for HP Compaq Recovery Discs?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=au&product=3463405&lang=en
Forum: Compaq Computers September 17th 09, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By - Bobb -
MediaCenter PC for the living room

It might be HP, but same company these days ...
" HP Pavilion Media Center TV PC "
anyone have one of these in the living room. I saw one yesterday - with RCA
jacks, DTV inputs etc and wondering...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 22nd 09, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.computer,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer.security,alt.privacy,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 24
Posted By - Bobb -
The only way to clean your HDD

I feel like this is "Groundhog Day" ?

"GreenXenon" wrote in message
Hi:

There are so many ads...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 22nd 09, 04:16 PM Posted to alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 44
Posted By - Bobb -
Why are HDD platters harder than the floppy/ZIP discs?

wrote in message
Here's something I found of interest (same link):
"The platters of a common hard drive are not...
Forum: Compaq Computers June 7th 09, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 2
Posted By - Bobb -
Networking Woes

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

"John Williamson" wrote in message
DKline wrote:
I'm having quite a time...
Forum: Compaq Computers May 7th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 3
Posted By - Bobb -
Compaq Presario Pentium 4 tower missing recovery CDs, anyway to restore from generic Windows XP CD using Compaq's Product Key?

"Nate Goulet" wrote in message
I'm asked to fix a friend's Compaq Presario.
.... snipped ....

Ridiculous that Compaq can't...
Forum: Compaq Computers April 30th 09, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By - Bobb -
CMOS bad ? factory default settings

For compaq PC's, I found this note I wrote in an old Service QRG ( from
2001):
1. Hold Fn key and power up.
2. Tap Fn+F11 quickly
3. mem counts up