Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: L
Forum: Dell Computers February 15th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By L
recommendation for off lease dell

Ben, thanks for the info but as they say no good deed goes unpunished.
So in your view the GX 270 desktop would be OK as well as the GX260
models. I looked up on the Dell off lease site they...
Forum: Dell Computers February 14th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By L
recommendation for off lease dell

Earlier I posted about two Dells GX-270 and 260. I was looking for
memory information.. I was told that one of those (maybe both) had
reliability problems. It was alluded that motherboard had...
Forum: Dell Computers February 13th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By L
considering GX-270 or 260

Looking up specs on dell off lease web page it did not tell me how many
memory slots there are and what size chips Can I put in and can they be
of different capacity,e.g., 1gb and say 2gb and...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 09:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By L
old GX1P tower

I have the above tower system which I purchased used. It has been
great. Now however I am looking for a system to run XP. This machine
will be used at home with dialup. No heavy gaming and use...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 03:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By L
Dell GX1P upgrade motherboard w/Dell

Ben Myers wrote:

This is the desktop chassis? If so, your best bet would be to buy a GX100 or
GX110 (preferably the latter) desktop motherboard with riser card and swap them
into your system...
Forum: Dell Computers December 19th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By L
Dell GX1P upgrade motherboard w/Dell

OK,
I have a old Dell OptiPlex GX1P computerwhich I use often (at home). I
keep it around because I have some OLD software that will not run on
higher OS. I have been toying with the ideal of...
Forum: General November 26th 06, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

kony wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:33:41 GMT, L
wrote:

DaveW wrote:

Forum: General November 26th 06, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

DaveW wrote:

Sorry, but ALL standard 17" and 19" LCD monitors use the industry standard
Native Resolution of 1280 x 1028.

Well based upon Dave W. input (and yes I checked a number of...
Forum: General November 26th 06, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

DaveW wrote:

Sorry, but ALL standard 17" and 19" LCD monitors use the industry standard
Native Resolution of 1280 x 1028.

Well based upon Dave W. input (and yes I checked a number of manfac...
Forum: General November 25th 06, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

kony wrote:

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:35:36 GMT, L
wrote:

L wrote:

Forum: General November 25th 06, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

L wrote:

Looking for replacement monitor for MultiSync NEC 950 (CRT). The
monitor has been great. I typical use 1024 X768. That seems right for
me. While looking for LCD monitors native...
Forum: General November 25th 06, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By L
Multi Syn LCD Monitors ?

Looking for replacement monitor for MultiSync NEC 950 (CRT). The
monitor has been great. I typical use 1024 X768. That seems right for
me. While looking for LCD monitors native resolution is...
Forum: Printers November 16th 06, 01:06 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By L
Does HP 27 Cartridge Expire ?

I have a HP 1315 which uses a Hp 27 cartridge. The printer is seldom
used. Recently, I would get error messages about cartridge replacement.
I know the cartridge is old (it was old when I got...
Forum: General November 3rd 06, 10:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By L
Stuch Hard drive

been there wrote:

"L" wrote in message

beenthere wrote:

Forum: General November 3rd 06, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By L
Stuch Hard drive

beenthere wrote:

"L" wrote in message

Well the problem is I have a hard drive (Maxtor) which when I make a...
Forum: General November 3rd 06, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By L
Stuch Hard drive

Well the problem is I have a hard drive (Maxtor) which when I make a
slave system does not see it. When I make it a master the best it will
do is bring up the Windows log and stay there for ever. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 06, 12:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By L
Cheap 22 Inch LCDs

% wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 07:26:43 GMT, "Geoff" wrote:

Why are these 22 inchers so...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 23rd 06, 02:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By L
CRT Red screen

NEC MultiSync E950 sometimes the screen turns red. A very slight tape
on top of cabinet makes picture return to normal. Is that (I am asking
for opinions here) the guns in the CRT or circuitry...
Forum: Printers September 21st 06, 11:58 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By L
Hp1315 chuck it ?.

Bob Headrick wrote:

"L" wrote in message

Above printer now every time I turn it on it prints an...
Forum: Printers September 20th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By L
Hp1315 chuck it ?.

Above printer now every time I turn it on it prints an alignment
page. Put in new cartridge and reinstalled the printer software same
problem. Words of wisdom please. Also considering buying...
Forum: Printers September 20th 06, 02:01 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By L
HP 27 Ink cartridge does it only work to a specific date

measekite wrote:

L wrote:

I have a run of the mill all in one hp psc1315. It use a HP 27 black
cartridge. I notice that my printer now generate error messages . I
know!! the...
Forum: Printers September 20th 06, 04:06 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By L
HP 27 Ink cartridge does it only work to a specific date

I have a run of the mill all in one hp psc1315. It use a HP 27 black
cartridge. I notice that my printer now generate error messages . I
know!! the cartridge has ink in it. I have been...
Forum: Dell Computers September 16th 06, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By L
Dell mobo replacement

Old GX1P may need new mobo (old software maybe be only capable with
win98SE). Dell offers a 7803C does anyone know anything about that
board CPU speeds or maybe another Dell mother board that...
Forum: Dell Computers September 15th 06, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By L
OS installation optionS ?

Would someone explain what is the installation difference between
versions of the same OS, e.g., One version comes with PC but no OS CD?,
another with a CD and a third XP pro. May concern is...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24