Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: W. eWatson[_2_]
Forum: Printers January 2nd 12, 05:56 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP 6110: 3 in 1, paper tray broken

On 1/2/2012 2:58 AM, wrote:
W. wrote:
On 1/1/2012 12:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might...
Forum: Printers January 2nd 12, 01:21 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP 6110: 3 in 1, paper tray broken

On 1/1/2012 12:33 PM, W. eWatson wrote:
A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might find a use. I
might, so I took it. He cautioned me the top tray has some piece inside
that's...
Forum: Printers January 1st 12, 08:33 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP 6110: 3 in 1, paper tray broken

A friend no longer needed his HP, and asked me if I might find a use. I
might, so I took it. He cautioned me the top tray has some piece inside
that's broken. It's where the printed pages appear....
Forum: Printers December 31st 11, 05:09 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP zx5000 laptop. Can't get usb to centronix to work.

From: "W.

From: "W.

Forum: Printers December 31st 11, 02:20 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

From: "W.

There is no choice, since the first time I attempted it. It even allowed me to scroll to
a list of...
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

From: "W.

Well,I talked the comp shop about the LPT1 idea. They said that's
likely right. So I uninstalled...
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 09:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

From: "W.

Well,I talked the comp shop about the LPT1 idea. They said that's
likely right. So I uninstalled...
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 07:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP zx5000 laptop. Can't get usb to centronix to work.

Well,I talked the comp shop about the LPT1 idea. They said that's
likely right. So I uninstalled the drvr, and plugged in the USB port. It
brought up the install Wizard, but I could not get it to...
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 03:49 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP zx5000 laptop. Can't get usb to centronix to work.

Is the Bluetooth device easily available, and a modest cost, say, under $25.

I looked for a a reseller but the product was discontinued in 2010. I purchased it in
2009.
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 11:37 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

On 12/29/2011 10:10 PM, Billyb97113 wrote:

From: "W.

I have an old HP 722c that I'd like to hook up to the laptop. The 722c has a centronix
connector. ...
Forum: Printers December 30th 11, 01:30 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
HP zx5000 laptop. Can't get usb to centronix to work.

I have an old HP 722c that I'd like to hook up to the laptop. The 722c
has a centronix connector. The laptop cannot accommodate it, but it has
usb ports. I borrowed a used usb to centronix cable...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 22nd 11, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Weak microphone on a new ASUS laptop

After many hours on this, she solved it. Here are the basics:

1. yum install alsa-utils gnome-media-apps pavucontrol paman
gnome-sound-recorder and Skype test call are used to test results.
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 15th 11, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Weak microphone on a new ASUS laptop

On 11/14/2011 9:44 PM, Paul wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
On 11/14/2011 5:42 PM, Paul wrote:

The vip.asus.com site, seems to have that model number of machine on it,
but there doesn't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 15th 11, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Weak microphone on a new ASUS laptop

On 11/14/2011 5:42 PM, Paul wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
On 11/14/2011 3:16 PM, Paul wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:
Lap top is model n53sv-xv1. The mike seems of questionable quality.
Any...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 15th 11, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

W. eWatson wrote:
Lap top is model n53sv-xv1. The mike seems of questionable quality.
Any fixes to remedy it? It's being used on Linux Fedora 15.

Why...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 14th 11, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Weak microphone on a new ASUS laptop

Lap top is model n53sv-xv1. The mike seems of questionable quality. Any
fixes to remedy it? It's being used on Linux Fedora 15.
Forum: Printers August 8th 11, 04:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Using my HP C6100 OCR feature to copy pages from a book

I have a book with about 40 pages of an old computer (FORTRAN, book from
1967) program that I would like to copy as text into a file. I have an
HP C6100 with OCR capabilities. It sometimes has...
Forum: Printers October 22nd 10, 12:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
My annoying HP C6180 All-In-One printer

On 10/20/2010 5:23 PM, Sparky wrote:
Have you downloaded the appropriate Windows 7 Drivers from the HP Site ?

I'm confused by your statement..

In my case, the CD is for XP, so probably the...
Forum: Printers October 20th 10, 05:34 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
My annoying HP C6180 All-In-One printer

In Dec. 2009 I moved from XP to Win7. Around April I decided to attach
my HP C6180 printer. As I recall if worked fine. About 2-3 months ago,
it could not be found. I re-installed the drivers. It...
Forum: Printers September 19th 09, 11:07 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By W. eWatson[_2_]
Stopping Brother 1440 Printer from Spewing Garbage

Apparently, my Brother 1440 b/w printer doesn't like the document it's
trying to print. It prints garbage on a few lines and then goes to
another page. I'm sure it could work its way through...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21