Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: A Nother
Forum: Acer Computers April 18th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By A Nother
Multi-snapshot Pc Recovery Utility(free Licence Provided)

"anyue" wrote in message

1.AyRecovery is one-click software solution. You do not have to be
equipped with...
Forum: Acer Computers April 15th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 0
Posted By A Nother
Acer 3680 BSOD burning application backup 'e' widget

Acer 3680: I get a BSOD when burning the application backup via the 'e'
widget.

Anyone get this to work OK?
Forum: Acer Computers April 13th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By A Nother
Vista SP1 & Aspire 3680-2633

"Han" wrote in message

Are there any known problems that prevent Vista Home Basic to install SP1
on an Acer Aspire...
Forum: Acer Computers April 3rd 08, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By A Nother
help getting acer 3000 series motherboard out pls

"G tindale" wrote in message

Hi,
my laptop is stuck on hibernation and I have been told I need to remove
and...
Forum: Acer Computers March 29th 08, 06:56 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 10
Posted By A Nother
Notebook: how to use it?

"Mhaxx" wrote in message

It's the first notebook I have and it's Windows Vista based.

How sad.

If it has the battery...
Forum: Acer Computers March 25th 08, 08:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 7
Posted By A Nother
Brightness control

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
If you're using Vista,

Yes

you can change the default display brightness
for both...
Forum: Acer Computers March 17th 08, 08:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By A Nother
scroll lock

"PWB" wrote in message
I have an acer 9303WSMi and am not sure what the Fn (function key) and F12
do when they are pressed...
Forum: Acer Computers March 10th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By A Nother
pc lock

"PWB" wrote in message

Sounds like a BIOS password. Have you tried setting it to nothing?

how do i do that please only the...
Forum: Acer Computers March 10th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By A Nother
pc lock

"PWB" wrote in message
i have been given an acer pc but as soon as i boot it after the acer
screen appears it asks me for my...
Forum: Acer Computers March 9th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 9
Posted By A Nother
Acer 5715z fan problem

"Mhaxx" wrote in message

I've installed all Windows Vista updates from MS site and some other
programs.. and now...
Forum: Acer Computers March 7th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By A Nother
Acer Aspire 5715z

"Mhaxx" wrote in message

Do you have a friend with better English skills?

:-(

I don't know what your language is but...
Forum: Acer Computers March 6th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By A Nother
Acer Aspire 5715z

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
If you get a smart, older tech, he could possibly add a little silicone
sealant or the like....
Forum: Acer Computers March 6th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By A Nother
Acer Aspire 5715z

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
Then it probably doesn't need to be fixed - and can't be.
Magnetostriction
whine in a SMPS...
Forum: Acer Computers March 5th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By A Nother
Acer Aspire 5715z

"Mhaxx" wrote in message
If it is the fan it might be a cheap fix.

The whine comes from AC power, not the PC..

Then...
Forum: Acer Computers March 4th 08, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By A Nother
Acer Aspire 5715z

"Mhaxx" wrote in message

I've just bought Aspire 5715z and noted power sound a whine: what's
the cause?

IYO: have I...
Forum: Acer Computers February 27th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By A Nother
Euro and Dollar Keys above left and right arrow keys

wrote in message

Do I need to install Launch Manager?
Doubtful.
What is launch...
Forum: Acer Computers February 3rd 08, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By A Nother
Audio CD's OK, DVD's not recognized

"Molesworth" wrote in message

I can play Audio CD's thro iTunes perfectly well, but when I insert a
DVD, I can hear a...
Forum: Acer Computers January 10th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 5
Posted By A Nother
Acer 5315 Laptop

"occam" wrote in message ...

What exactly is the Acer recommendation - to take the battery out when
you are using the laptop with AC?

Yes,...
Forum: Acer Computers January 8th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 5
Posted By A Nother
Acer 5315 Laptop

wrote in message
Is it ok to run the thing plugged on AC without the battery being in
it?
Forum: Acer Computers January 5th 08, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By A Nother
Aspire 5320

"AlphaOmega" wrote in message

What the hell is Ubuntu?

Why don't people like the nice Microsoft...
Forum: Acer Computers January 1st 08, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.tandy
Replies: 1
Posted By A Nother
Idiot posting 'MI5' crap

We have received a large number of complaints regarding one of our
former customers flooding various newsgroups with "MI5 Persecution"
posts. We have removed this customer from our active database...
Forum: Acer Computers December 15th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By A Nother
Empowering Technology software

"sobriquet" wrote in message

Does anyone know where to obtain the Empowering Technology software
Forum: Acer Computers December 15th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 15
Posted By A Nother
recovery cds

"occam" wrote in message ...
sobriquet wrote:
The slogan you are looking for is:

--Never Acer Again --

I have no complaint with Acer, just with...
Forum: Acer Computers December 13th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 15
Posted By A Nother
recovery cds

"sobriquet" wrote in message

The misleading thing is that they have the booklets packaged in
Forum: Acer Computers December 12th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 15
Posted By A Nother
recovery cds

"HH" wrote in message

If one does not care to read the notice to create backup discs, one must
be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37