Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: VanguardLH
Forum: General January 21st 08, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 41
Posted By VanguardLH
Quad/Dual Core Duo Questions

"ldiaco" wrote in message ...

... 3.2 GHz Pentium with HT ( this is important later), ...
... 2.33 GHz Dual Core Pentium ...

You expected faster processing...
Forum: General January 21st 08, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By VanguardLH
Unlock the seagate with PC3000

"Akim13" wrote in message ...

Password protection
Whatever the cause of password protection may be, in the end you
will
have to disable the password to...
Forum: General January 19th 08, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By VanguardLH
Unlock the seagate with PC3000

"Akim13" wrote in message ...

how unlock the seagate st94011a 2.5 with PC3000 PCI FOR...
Forum: General January 17th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
Why are DDR2's cheaper than DDR's?

"gecko" wrote in message
I've been wondering

Demand is lower. Rarity is higher (less production or no more
production so supplies dwindle). ...
Forum: General January 17th 08, 07:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By VanguardLH
Low-rent Battery Replacement

"Grinder" wrote in message news:Sgvjj.38456$Ux2.14375@attbi_s22...
A Varta 3.6V 60mAh cell was soldered on the board. It looks a bit
oozy and cannot offer more than a half a volt. I'm going to...
Forum: General January 9th 08, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By VanguardLH
BSOD

"ElJerid" wrote in message
From this morning, while booting into XP,one of my PC's shows a bsod
with the message "Page Fault in nonpaged...
Forum: General January 7th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By VanguardLH
DVD coating

"kony" wrote in message
"VanguardLH" wrote:

wrote ...
I was just wondering why DVD companies don't put a clear...
Forum: General January 6th 08, 07:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By VanguardLH
DVD coating

wrote in message
I was just wondering why DVD companies don't put a clear scratch-
resistant coating...
Forum: General January 5th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
problem with battery free mouse

"R.P." wrote in message

three weeks ago I bought a battery free mouse from A4Tech
(www.a4tech.com).
Its name is NB-30D. The mouse was...
Forum: General January 2nd 08, 03:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By VanguardLH
Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message

VanguardLH wrote:

Sounds like it is time to toss the flaky old USB hub and get an new
one for $7.

$7?...
Forum: General January 1st 08, 09:21 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware

VanguardLH wrote:

Sounds like it is time to toss the flaky old USB hub and get an new
one for $7.

$7?...
Forum: General January 1st 08, 09:03 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware

"krw" wrote in message

Vanguard said:
Sounds like it is time to toss the flaky old USB hub and get an new
one for $7.

I was...
Forum: General January 1st 08, 12:33 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By VanguardLH
Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
VanguardLH wrote:
Have you tried swapping to which USB ports these hubs are connected
(i.e., swap them between...
Forum: General December 31st 07, 02:52 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By VanguardLH
Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
VanguardLH wrote:
Have you visited the manufacturer's web site to get the specs on
those USB...
Forum: General December 30th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.os.linux.ubuntu,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By VanguardLH
Generic USB 2.0 hub showing up as USB 1.1

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
I have two generic 4-port USB hubs that are supposed to be USB 2.0
compliant. The older one is fine,...
Forum: General December 27th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 21
Posted By VanguardLH
Computer won't start

"twomt" wrote in message
Hello,

I fear I have a hardware problem somewhere, can someone give me some
hints on how to locate the root...
Forum: General December 26th 07, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By VanguardLH
Computer hardware answers what you looking for...

wrote in message
try to find your answer on...
http://spamsite.blogspot.com/

Sigh. Another...
Forum: General December 16th 07, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
CPU fan has 4 wires. Mobo header has 3 pins. Suggestions?

"Paul" wrote in message ...

VanguardLH wrote:

snip
I'm using Speedfan on mobos where there are only 3 wires on the
fans. Since this also uses PWM to control...
Forum: General December 15th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
CPU fan has 4 wires. Mobo header has 3 pins. Suggestions?

"John McGaw" wrote in message
VanguardLH wrote:
Motherboard: Foxconn N570SM2AA
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ AM2

The...
Forum: General December 15th 07, 10:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
CPU fan has 4 wires. Mobo header has 3 pins. Suggestions?

Motherboard: Foxconn N570SM2AA
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ AM2

The CPU has a 4-wire fan (black, red, blue, yellow). The "CPU Fan"
header on the mobo only has 3 pins. Using the polarization on the...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
WPA
Posted By VanguardLH
WPA

wrote in message
I learn how to i crack the WPA and WEP all thanks to Aircrack !

About hardware is...
Forum: General December 11th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By VanguardLH
Laser color or injet color

wrote in message
The Samsung color laser printer is quite afford-able now.
If compare with the same price range ink jet printer.
Which...
Forum: General December 10th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By VanguardLH
Want a LARGE Mouse Pad

"Jeepwolf" wrote in message
where can a person buy a LARGE mouse pad?

You could try using a trackball instead of a mouse. The device
doesn't...
Forum: General December 4th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By VanguardLH
which monitor is better?

"kony" wrote in message

rob wrote:

wow thanks that one is better for only a few more bucks i get a
better
contrast ratio, dvi cable,...
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By VanguardLH
which monitor is better?

Oh, and by the way, have you read Newegg's return policy regarding LCD
monitors? You can't return them unless 8, or more, pixels are dead.
Just 1 dead pixel is way too many for me. Once you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54