Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anon
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 13th 20, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Anon
Linux-based Windows 12 Lite is '3x faster than Windows 10' and'immune from ransomware'

If it is ReactOS, oh boy! It is beyond terrible. Not
even Alpha code.

It has the look of Windows 98 too. I wonder if it smells musty when you load it onto your computer?
It's too bad the...
Forum: Compaq Computers September 26th 06, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By Anon
Compaq mis-selling.....V5000 series: 'Consumer IR' port specified but not usable?

I recently bought a Compaq V5102NR laptop. The specifications are
listed here :

http://tinyurl.com/h88zs

This is a SPECIFC specification sheet for the V5102NR i.e. it doesn't
include 'optional'...
Forum: General September 25th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 95
Posted By Anon
Intel Core 2 Temperature Issues

According to Asus, "if the BIOS becomes corrupted, CrashFree BIOS 2 allows
the user to perform a recovery using the motherboard support CD". If that CD
was an older version that didn't support the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 25th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 99
Posted By Anon
Intel Core 2 Temperature Issues

According to Asus, "if the BIOS becomes corrupted, CrashFree BIOS 2 allows
the user to perform a recovery using the motherboard support CD". If that CD
was an older version that didn't support the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 29th 06, 10:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Anon
P5W DH Deluxe -or- P5B Deluxe

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "Anon"
wrote:

Now that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 29th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Anon
ddr2 memory

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "Oldspook"
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 29th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Anon
P5W DH Deluxe -or- P5B Deluxe

Now that the Core 2 Duo boxed processors are available at Newegg, I'm ready
to order new system parts. I plan on a X6800 processor but am undecided on
which motherboard. Both have similar features...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 2nd 06, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Anon
Ethernet P4C800

Is this a built in Ethernet adaptor or a PCI card? The driver for the built
in is on the Asus installation disk.

"Bubba" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 1st 06, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Anon
Optical mouse still lit when computer is off

It is also handy for recharging your ipod when the computer is turned off.

"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
There may be a jumper...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Anon
conroe

The "top" Conroe (x6800) is priced about the same as the AMD fx62 before the
price of the fx62 dropped. It is MUCH faster than the fx62. The E6700 beats
the fx62 about half the price.

"Ed"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 06, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Anon
Tiger Direct Warranty (Was Core Duo)

The reason for buying an OEM Core 2 Duo from Tigerdirect is that they are
the only ones that are shipping them at this time. A lot of people want them
NOW and are not willing to wait a few weeks...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Anon
Core Duo

This may be true BUT on the Tigerdirect web site it claims that the 1 year
warranty on the OEM Core 2 Duo processors is provided by...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 06, 08:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By Anon
Core Duo

The intel OEM processors have a 1 year warranty (by Intel) the boxed
processors with fan/heatsink have a 3 year warranty.

"Xplanes" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 30th 06, 07:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Anon
P4C800 E Deluxe and SATA 2 drive?

If you put the new drive in with the old one still installed, it will be
easy to copy all needed data from the old drive to the new one before you
remove it.

If the Samsung utility said the drive...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 29th 06, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Anon
P4C800 E Deluxe and SATA 2 drive?

Why are you "replacing" the Samsung drive? Is it dead or dying? If it is
still good, you could "add" the Segate drive and use both of them. I have a
P4C800 E Deluxe with 4 internal hard drives 2 of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 23rd 06, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Anon
P4C800E-Dlx Bios Update

If your computer was working fine with 1019, why would you want to update to
1023? It probably just adds support for some new hardware you probably don't
have. Check the Asus site to check what...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 18th 06, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Anon
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe and Seagate SATA 3.0 Gb/s

I have a system that supports SATA 3.0. I have both 3.0 and 1.5 drives in
the system, I see no apparent speed advantage with the 3.0. Even though the
3.0 can theoretically transfer data faster, the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 7th 06, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Anon
Intel Conroe motherboard

Not so -- http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=265&type=expert

"Thomas Wendell" wrote in message
And I thought that the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 7th 06, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Anon
Intel Conroe motherboard

With the release of Intel's Conroe CPU's less than 3 weeks away, what new
motherboards does Asus have in the works.

I will be interested in the Core 2 Duo X6800 and would like a NVIDIA 590
chipset...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19