Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: poachedeggs
Forum: General February 17th 11, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By poachedeggs
2 dvd drives, different regions?

I know with laptops I've had apparently I could change the region it
plays up to 4 times if I've understood that right. With a pc, running
Windows 7 or XP or in one case Ubuntu Linux 10.04, would it...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors October 24th 10, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 2
Posted By poachedeggs
AM3/AM2+ question

I've paid for an AMD tri-core processor today for a pc I'm building
for someone, buying a bit at a time. This is an AM3 socket
processor. I see that there are plenty of motherboards...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 5th 10, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By poachedeggs
what's this noise if not the cpu fan?

On Sep 4, 10:05*pm, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sep 4, 1:11*pm, poachedeggs wrote:
*oblem for a day,

What is this "oil" you speak of?

Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 10, 11:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 2010-09-03, poachedeggs wrote:

I thought I'd had a bad fan in my semi-homebuilt pc. *I was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 4th 10, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By poachedeggs
what's this noise if not the cpu fan?

I thought I'd had a bad fan in my semi-homebuilt pc. I was getting a
terrible few minutes of noise, what seemed like friction buzzing/
grinding sound. After repeated oiling over a few weeks did...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 10, 05:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
64 bit Windows and 3gb ram - problem?

From one website:

"Who Shouldn't Go 64-Bit?
If you're not planning on going to 4GB of RAM anytime soon, you might
wanna hold back, __since you need 4GB of RAM to take full advantage of
64-bit's...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 23rd 10, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On Feb 22, 7:00*am, Wes Newell wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 16:08:35 -0800, poachedeggs wrote:
*I half-understand
that I may need to change one setting from auto to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 10, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On Feb 21, 7:18*pm, "SteveH"
wrote:
poachedeggs wrote:
On 21 Feb, 14:16, TVeblen wrote:
On 2/21/2010 5:07 AM, poachedeggs...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 22nd 10, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On Feb 21, 7:06*pm, Bob M wrote:
poachedeggs wrote:
On Feb 20, 7:57 pm, poachedeggs wrote:
I have got a custom built machine: Asus M2N68-AM...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 10, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On 21 Feb, 14:16, TVeblen wrote:
On 2/21/2010 5:07 AM, poachedeggs wrote:
Snip

What's your opinion on this? *I started reading up about whether a
cold home...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 21st 10, 11:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On Feb 20, 7:57*pm, poachedeggs wrote:
I have got a custom built machine: Asus M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard with
an AMD Athlon I X2 250 3 ghz CPU, plus 320 hd drive, 4 gb...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 21st 10, 11:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

On Feb 21, 12:21*am, "nobody " wrote:
poachedeggs wrote:
Could this be simply because my home is unheated? *February in England
and no central heating, which I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 20th 10, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

I have got a custom built machine: Asus M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard with
an AMD Athlon I X2 250 3 ghz CPU, plus 320 hd drive, 4 gb RAM
(Buffalo, PC6400, a compatible speed with the m/b), PNY Nvidia...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 20th 10, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
terrible CPU or CPU fan noise on some startups - BIOS alteration?

I have got a custom built machine: Asus M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard with
an AMD Athlon I X2 250 3 ghz CPU, plus 320 hd drive, 4 gb RAM
(Buffalo), PNY Nvidia G210 card, running Windows 7 64 bit.

I had...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 10, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By poachedeggs
Two questions about my homebuilt thingy

On Feb 5, 7:56*pm, "Benedict" wrote:
"poachedeggs" wrote in message

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 10, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By poachedeggs
Two questions about my homebuilt thingy

On Feb 5, 5:20*pm, poachedeggs wrote:
On Feb 5, 12:51*pm, Mike Easter wrote:

poachedeggs wrote:
I wanted to ask about the fan,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 10, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By poachedeggs
Two questions about my homebuilt thingy

On Feb 5, 12:51*pm, Mike Easter wrote:
poachedeggs wrote:
I wanted to ask about the fan, it's
currently installed on the left side of the case, blowing directly
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 5th 10, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By poachedeggs
Two questions about my homebuilt thingy

I've just assembled my first pc from a bundle I bought and some
innards from my last base unit. I wanted to ask about the fan, it's
currently installed on the left side of the case, blowing...
Forum: Overclocking January 15th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By poachedeggs
Overclocking an old CPU/ old pc

This is a stab in the dark, but I am using Mandriva 2009 with a 1.3
ghz Fujitsu-Siemens Scenic T with D1371 Mainboard. The only area it
falls down is playing Flashplayer stuff e.g. via YouTube. I...
Forum: General January 10th 09, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By poachedeggs
upgrading processor advice?

On Jan 10, 11:21*am, kony wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:29:12 -0800 (PST), poachedeggs

wrote:
What governs how much of an upgrade can be made with...
Forum: General January 10th 09, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By poachedeggs
upgrading processor advice?

What governs how much of an upgrade can be made with cpu's? I have a
six-year-old Fujitsu Scenic T, 1.3 ghz (intel celeron). I have souped-
up everything that will co-operate bar the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 08, 11:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By poachedeggs
pc transplant - Compaq EN to new case & psu (possible?)

On Dec 17, 4:24*am, Paul wrote:
poachedeggs wrote:
While installing Linux Mint 2.2 on an old Compaq EN SFF 886mhz tonight
the power supply blew. *I don't know anything...
Forum: Compaq Computers December 17th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 8
Posted By poachedeggs
Unbelievable, 'sod's law' - power supply blows

I don't know dangerous this was, but a visitor just now says the pink
voltage switch on the psu isn't in the right position and then pointed
at my very long guitar nails. Could I have knocked it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By poachedeggs
pc transplant - Compaq EN to new case & psu (possible?)

Whoops, yes I mistook a V for a W, but apart from that my questions
stand, thanks.

On Dec 17, 12:27*am, poachedeggs wrote:
While installing Linux Mint 2.2 on an old...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By poachedeggs
pc transplant - Compaq EN to new case & psu (possible?)

While installing Linux Mint 2.2 on an old Compaq EN SFF 886mhz tonight
the power supply blew. I don't know anything about building pcs and I
wondered if I could get a case with psu built in and just...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34