Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 30th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By mac
Connecting Power supply to Motherboard Processor Socket

Paul: The AGI-U550UPB - is also known as: HEC-550-TW-TF

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1818&page=1
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 30th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By mac
Connecting Power supply to Motherboard Processor Socket

Paul,

That's an awesome analysis. I'll definitively keep it as an example for a
future similar calculation - I don't know if I could totally duplicate it.
I'll study it some more. I'll also do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By mac
Don't believe Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

I had a similar experience:

two computers same graphics card - same memory. One told me it didn't
support AERO and the other one was OK. I installed any ways and both worked
great. I don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 09, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By mac
Connecting Power supply to Motherboard Processor Socket

Mike,

Thank you for the reply. I discovered that the PSU has two 2X2 connectors
that combined make a 2X4. I think I'm OK.

Thanks!
mac

"Mike Easter" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 09, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By mac
Connecting Power supply to Motherboard Processor Socket

Question regarding connecting the Processor Power adapter to a Gigabyte
GA-MA770T-UD3P AMD AM3 Socket (Phenom Processor). The motherboard come
with a 2X4 socket ATX_12V_2X4 (8 pin). My Power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 8th 09, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By mac
AMD Phenom vs. INTEL?

I'm about to build a new PC. How does this CPU compares to an Intel?

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Quad Core Processor HDZ940XCGIBOX

Thanks.
mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 27th 08, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By mac
Wireless Range improvement Question

John Weiss wrote:
"mac" wrote...
I have a standard Linkysy 54G wireless router. All my PCs & Laptops
around the house have G receivers. I do have an Xbox 360 conneced
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 27th 08, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By mac
Wireless Range improvement Question

I have a standard Linkysy 54G wireless router. All my PCs & Laptops around
the house have G receivers. I do have an Xbox 360 conneced wireless also.
The signal upstais and to some of the rooms...
Forum: General July 27th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By mac
Standby vs. Hybernate

Thanks!!
Great simple explanation!

mac
Forum: General July 26th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By mac
Standby vs. Hybernate

What's the difference between setting a system in - Power savings: Standby
vs. Hibernate?

thanks!
mac
Forum: General August 5th 06, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By mac
PC locks w/ added memory - what next?

I had the very same problem with two different brand sticks. I change the
memory speed in the BIOS from 400 mhz (auto) to 333 mhz and all my problems
went away. I didn't like down clocking the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 06, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By mac
PACKARD BELL LEGEND WONT BOOT OR RESPOND

Try a new Motherboard battery

check this:

http://www.apexbattery.com/miscellaneous-cmos-battery-packard-bell-cmos-battery.html

mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 06, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By mac
BIOS Question

I really don't understand this very well. I'll do some reading... In the
meantime I'll turn it off. I have three other PCs (two more WIN Xp and a
Linux Mandrake 10) . I can only assume that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 06, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By mac
BIOS Question

Thank you all,

I went ahead and re-enable these options...

mac
Forum: General August 1st 06, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By mac
Bios Question

In a Windows Crash Report, it says to disable BIOS Caching or Shadowing...
So I did. What is the downside of doing that? I don't know what these
features do. Will impact performance?

Thanks,
mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 06, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By mac
BIOS Question

In a Windows Crash Report, it says to disable BIOS Caching or Shadowing...
So I did. What is the downside of doing that? I don't know what these
features do. Will impact performance?

Thanks,
mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 06, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By mac
CPU FSB Speed question

That did it!

Thanks
mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 06, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By mac
Wild Reset

The blue screen says WIN32K.sys error...

After goggling the error, I reduced the speed of my ram from 400 Mhz (auto
mode for a PC 3200) to 333 Mhz. It seems more stable and hasn't crashed all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 06, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By mac
CPU FSB Speed question

The Manual only says... "enter a value between 100 and 280" Not a big
help...

Thank you for the link. I think the answer is here....., If it is a 400Mhz
FSB I enter a value of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By mac
CPU FSB Speed question

I have a Sempron 3300+ 400mhz FSB socket A. My Mobo is a MSI KT6V.

What should I set my CPU BIOS speed to? It gives me an option of 100 to
280?

Thanks!
mac
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 29th 06, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By mac
Wild Reset

Thanks, I will post the error when it crashes.

I also re-installed all the default motherboard drivers from the MSI
motherboard drivers CD....

Let's see if it crashes again.

mac

"Dave"...
Forum: General July 29th 06, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By mac
Computer resets by itself

I have a pretty basic home made computer. When I am in the internet (its
primary use), it has wild resets. As I am browsing, it resets by itself.
I think it happens when it refreshes a screen or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 29th 06, 01:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By mac
Wild Reset