Showing results 1 to 25 of 323
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skybuck
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 23rd 11, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
Posted By Skybuck
X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

On 20 okt, 08:11, Krypsis wrote:
On 20/10/2011 5:48 PM, DarkMatter wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:03:29 -0700 (PDT), Skybuck
*wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 23rd 11, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By Skybuck
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

On 23 okt, 00:34, FatBytestard
wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 02:17:58 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"

wrote:
Probably caused...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 22nd 11, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By Skybuck
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

Hmm that's funny they had 5 systems: 2 for production, 1 for
development, 1 for installation, 1 for acceptance.

Each system had it's own virtualization stuff on it, so these seem to
be 5 different...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 22nd 11, 04:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By Skybuck
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

Hmmm...

I just realized something, those guys running those data centers were
way ahead of their time.

I think I am going to adept to their method of operating and it makes
sense I just thought...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 22nd 11, 03:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By Skybuck
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

I am not yet ready to give up on my DreamPC2006 (updates along the
years), mostly because I don't really believe in other systems from
HP,Dell,Media Markt, Apple and so forth... For example they...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 46
Posted By Skybuck
SkyTard FAILing at hard drive replacement NOT ME THO!

On 16 okt, 07:39, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:
Here is a little ascii picture for you so you can understand you dumbass =D:

Bad situation caused by Microsoft Windows 7...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 20th 11, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
Posted By Skybuck
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

Hello,

My experiment with building a DreamPC has pretty much come to an end.

I am now fed up with it's problems.

The top 5 problems/killers a

1. Dust
2. Overheat
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 20th 11, 07:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
Posted By Skybuck
X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

On 18 okt, 16:53, (GMAN) wrote:
In article , "Skybuck Flying" wrote:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 09, 10:11 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By Skybuck
Heat from heatpipes probably damaged a memory chip.

Another theory/hypothesis which I am slighty worried about is the
following:

"Water vapor from the dust filters was blown towards the memory chips
and was blown into the memory chips which caused a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 09, 09:37 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By Skybuck
Motherboard unusuable because of 1 millimeter of missing plastic?!?!?!?!

Nice/creative idea's here my thoughts on it:

1. Sawing/cutting into the plastic would not be a good idea... it
would further weaken it and then the stock amd cooler might not even
hold on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 09, 09:24 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By Skybuck
Heat from heatpipes probably damaged a memory chip.

On Oct 31, 10:24*am, "SteveH"
wrote:
Skybuckwrote:
Hello,

I have taken some pictures to show you guys and to get some response
from what you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 09, 08:22 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By Skybuck
Motherboard unusuable because of 1 millimeter of missing plastic?!?!?!?!

Fortunately the stock AMD cooler (which I ofcourse kept and stored!)
will still attach and hold just fine ?!

This means it's not entirely AMD to blame but Scythe as well !

There ****ing clips are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 09, 08:05 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By Skybuck
Motherboard unusuable because of 1 millimeter of missing plastic?!?!?!?!

****ing unbelievable... after removing Scythe Zipang cpu cooler the
motherboard is now unusuable ?!

Because of stupid mounting weak plastic bull**** !

1 millimeter of black plastic was probably...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 09, 05:26 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By Skybuck
Heat from heatpipes probably damaged a memory chip.

Hello,

Accoring to memtest86+ at least one of the memory chips in Skybuck's
Dream PC from 2006 is damaged and has a bit error.

It turns out the memory chip was *new* from corsair which means it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Skybuck
Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 BACK FROM THE DEAD =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hello Peeps =D,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 IS BACK FROM THE DEAD !!!!!!!!!!

My PC is now back together AGAIN UNITED WITH IT'S ASSEMBLER =D

The rebuild process...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 12th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Skybuck
Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 BACK FROM THE DEAD =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hello Peeps =D,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 IS BACK FROM THE DEAD !!!!!!!!!!

My PC is now back together AGAIN UNITED WITH IT'S ASSEMBLER =D

The rebuild process...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 12th 07, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Skybuck
Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 BACK FROM THE DEAD =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Hello Peeps =D,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 IS BACK FROM THE DEAD !!!!!!!!!!

My PC is now back together AGAIN UNITED WITH IT'S ASSEMBLER =D

The rebuild process...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Skybuck
Can I keep the old bios chip ?

I shortly thought about this and then it hit me:

Ofcourse asus could simply send me a new motherboard without a new
bios chip ?!

I rather have a new bios chip as well...

So I would have one spare...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 12th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Skybuck
Can I keep the old bios chip ?

I shortly thought about this and then it hit me:

Ofcourse asus could simply send me a new motherboard without a new
bios chip ?!

I rather have a new bios chip as well...

So I would have one spare...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 12th 07, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Skybuck
Can I keep the old bios chip ?

I shortly thought about this and then it hit me:

Ofcourse asus could simply send me a new motherboard without a new
bios chip ?!

I rather have a new bios chip as well...

So I would have one spare...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 12th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Skybuck
CONFIRMED: THE ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard IS DEAD !!!!!!!!

Also their is a kinda sad part to the story which I didn't think of
but I don't mind that much:

Asus or somebody might have done it's utter best to fine tune the bios
settings ?!?

And because I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 12th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
Posted By Skybuck
CONFIRMED: THE ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard IS DEAD !!!!!!!!

Also their is a kinda sad part to the story which I didn't think of
but I don't mind that much:

Asus or somebody might have done it's utter best to fine tune the bios
settings ?!?

And because I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 07, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Skybuck
CONFIRMED: THE ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard IS DEAD !!!!!!!!

Also their is a kinda sad part to the story which I didn't think of
but I don't mind that much:

Asus or somebody might have done it's utter best to fine tune the bios
settings ?!?

And because I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 12th 07, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Skybuck
Can I keep the old bios chip ?

Hello,

The old motherboard is dead.

I want to send it back to my reseller for RMA so I can get a new
motherboard.

However these bios chips are very hard to get your hands on.

Resellers of bios...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 12th 07, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia