Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cuzman
Forum: Ati Videocards September 13th 06, 12:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By Cuzman
64-bit 9200SE 64MB on Samsung 940BF?

First of One wrote:

" Why didn't you drill a few speed holes while you were at it? You
know, to make the card faster... "

Yeah I know, but you can't seem to get those pins off without starting...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 13th 06, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By Cuzman
64-bit 9200SE 64MB on Samsung 940BF?

I'm moving off to university on Sunday. Before going I decided to clean
the dust from inside my PC and change the fan on my 9700 Pro AIW for a
Zalman ZM80A-HP. ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 12th 06, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Cuzman
fastest fanless agp card with h/w H.264 decoding?

kalev- wrote:

" So I kindly ask you what fanless Nvidia card should fit the bill (a
7600GS?) "

The Gigabyte 7600GS seems to be the best one on Newegg....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 11th 06, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Cuzman
Geforce Ti 200 can i play new games with this ??

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

" A Ti4200 is a waste of time. "

He has a GeForce3 Ti200, not a GeForce4 Ti4200. It's worse than you
thought.
Forum: Ati Videocards September 9th 06, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Cuzman
ATI releases Vista testing tool

http://www.ati.com/technology/windowsvista/GetReady.html

For many people the advice is "buy an X1900 XTX".

I wonder what the same tool will advise next year.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 8th 06, 11:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Cuzman
how much ram should I install?

Mr . . wrote:

" I have a sempron 1.3GHz with a mother board that has two slots 184pin
PC 333 or PC400. I have 256 installed and the max is 2 GB. I'd like to
upgrade the ram. How much should I...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 1st 06, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 15
Posted By Cuzman
9600SE won't run Flight Sim

Hill wrote:

" Thanks, I've switched cards, and no change. I'm beginning to think I
need to check for an update to the mobo's BIOS. If I had a spare couple
of hundred, I'd get a PCIExpress card...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 26th 06, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Cuzman
asus AB-P 2800 Barebones System

Freddy wrote:

" Does anyone have a copy of the setup disk for this system please. I
need the drivers for the board. "

The AB-P 2800 is in the Pundit-R series. Downloads are available on the...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 26th 06, 03:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 8
Posted By Cuzman
Need ballpark numbers

job wrote:

" $100 for everything? "

Put it on ebay and you'll get a lot more than $100.
Forum: General August 25th 06, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Cuzman
Radeon x550 to 7600gs

Haggar wrote:

" looking to do a little upgrade.....is this jump too extreme? "

Maybe you should supply the following info:

1) List your system components and monitor in detail.

2) List the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Cuzman
quick processor change over question

Matt wrote:

" ...just mainly wondering if anyone had any tricks or tips that makes
it easier? "

Firstly, before you change these CPUs around, make sure that the current
motherboard BIOS...
Forum: Overclocking August 25th 06, 01:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Cuzman
PC Chips MB wiht 600mhz cpu

Greg Schoolden wrote:

" I have a PC Chips MB with a 600mhz CPU all of which is 5-6 years old.
Was wondering if anyone tried loading windows XP on one of these? Were
you successful. "

Did...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 24th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Cuzman
Anyone found a AM2 motherboard with AGP slot

wrote:

" Has anyone found a AM2 motherboard with a AGP video slot? "

http://www.asrock.com/product/AM2NF3-VSTA.htm
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 21st 06, 11:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Cuzman
For Gaming

Richard Miller wrote:

" I got a video card with 128 megs of RAM but I think it was an LE or
something and it wouldn't play games, it just gave me one picture every
second and very jerky. I got an...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 20th 06, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Cuzman
Fanless 7600GT throttles itself?

I've been looking into getting a passively-cooled 7600GT or 7900GT so I
scooped out some reviews and comparisons. MSI have a range of passive
cards, and in this particular review it appears that...
Forum: Overclocking August 19th 06, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Cuzman
Looking for Xeon advice

Rohan Beckles wrote:

" See my sig for hardware. One of my Xeons has died, and I'd like to
use the opportunity to make a performance upgrade. I've seen a lot of
3.2GHz/800Mhz FSB CPUs for sale on...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards August 19th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By Cuzman
GA-81865GME-775 Overclock possible?

Funex wrote:

" If I flash the BIOS to F3, will this allow for the increase of the
front side bus via easytune5? Or manually? "

Why don't you try and see? Even if it will still only overclock...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Cuzman
Need help with my system: Intel D975XBX + Core 2 Due E6300 +OCZ PC-5400 2x1G + XFX 6500 PCI Express

wrote:

" Intel D975XBX... I put everything together but the display did not
show anything and there is no beep. The motherboard green LED is lit,
and the CPU fan works. I try...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 15th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Cuzman
FX5700 ?

GMAN wrote:

" I was given an AGP slot version of a FX5700 128MB video card and was
wondering what would be its equivelant on an ATI card? I plan on using
it on my sons PC and was just curious. ...
Forum: Overclocking August 15th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 10
Posted By Cuzman
is this FSP power supply any good ? FSP350-60THN-P (or too lowon the 12v?)

wrote:

" Or maybe I should go for the 350w, though it still doesn't look like
many amps on that 12V rail. "

Are you aware that these are 24-pin PSUs with two 12V...
Forum: Overclocking August 15th 06, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 10
Posted By Cuzman
is this FSP power supply any good ? FSP350-60THN-P (or too lowon the 12v?)

wrote:

" I don't know if it'll suck too much out of a 300w, if that low
ampage on 12v is existant and a problem. "

Without knowing what system you intend to put it...
Forum: General August 14th 06, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By Cuzman
Question about PSU

Jake wrote:

" I am looking to buy a power supply. I know my video card alone will
need 28a maximum on the 12v. If I get a power supply with 3 12v rails
with 18a each, will this be enough? Or will...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards August 13th 06, 01:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By Cuzman
GA-965P-DQ6 or GA-965P-DS4 ?

I see the DS4 for sale at nearly every outlet in the UK, but no reviews
for it. What's so different from the DQ6?

GA-965P-DQ6...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 12th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Cuzman
P5B Non-Deluxe ... Experiences

Blue Jay wrote:

" I have an E6400 at 2800 (8*350)... anything higher is unstable :(
Hope they release a better OC friendly BIOS (currently using 0213 beta) "

I expect they will fix it in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 12th 06, 01:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Cuzman
Barton 2500+

KEN wrote:

" I've Barton 2500+ and two possible mother board Asus A7S333 and Ecs
K7S5a... Both motherboard support this cpu? Or not? "

Both motherboards only support 266FSB CPUs. The A7S333...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47