Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pete
Forum: General March 19th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Pete
A router with only 2 ports, what's the point

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:49:49 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

"kony" wrote...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"Mike Walsh" wrote in message

It seems that I was wrong about not being able to use the normal access
point. I had thought that to...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Pete
A router with only 2 ports, what's the point

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:09:48 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

Sorry I forgot to say, the...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Pete
A router with only 2 ports, what's the point

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Pete...
Forum: General March 19th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Pete
A router with only 2 ports, what's the point

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Pete...
Forum: General March 18th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Pete
A router with only 2 ports, what's the point

OK I accept it I just did a stupid thing and bid on a router without knowing
the specs but up until now every router I have seen had 4 ports built in.
Just my luck I big on one that only has 2 (1...
Forum: General March 18th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"Mike Walsh" wrote in message

Pete wrote:

"Mike Walsh" wrote in message
Forum: General March 18th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"kony" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:39:56 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

If you want the imac G3 to have...
Forum: General March 16th 07, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"Mike Walsh" wrote in message

You don't need a bridge. All you need is a router, which will include a
firewall and 4 port switch. If...
Forum: General March 16th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"kony" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:21:05 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

Does what I am doing make more...
Forum: General March 16th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:10:19 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

Hi

I'm looking to set up a...
Forum: General March 15th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Pete
wireless network / ethernet bridge question

Hi

I'm looking to set up a wireless network and I'm a bit lost.

My PC has a 2MB connection to Virgin Media(Telewest) via a DSL Surfboard
SB3100 cable modem. I also have an imac G3 400mhz with an...
Forum: General March 5th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Pete
I have an imac problem

wrote in message
On Mar 4, 3:44 pm, "DaveW" wrote:
You are in the WRONG newsgroup. Go visit the...
Forum: General March 3rd 07, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Pete
I have an imac problem

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Pete wrote:
wrote in message
On...
Forum: General March 3rd 07, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Pete
I have an imac problem

wrote in message
On Mar 3, 8:14 am, "Pete" wrote:
My iMac 400mhz G3 DV SE graphite keeps saying...
Forum: General March 3rd 07, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Pete
I have an imac problem

My iMac 400mhz G3 DV SE graphite keeps saying the date is 24th March 2001 on
boot up. I suspect the PRAM battery is dead, but it seems like an odd date.

I believe this machine has not been used for...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 11:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Pete
Asus A7A266 motherboard Hard disk failure

"Pete" wrote in message
Hi

I recently set up a system with an Asus A7A266 motherboard. I installed
windows ME...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Pete
Asus A7A266 motherboard Hard disk failure

Hi

I recently set up a system with an Asus A7A266 motherboard. I installed
windows ME and all was fine, then the next day i started the machine up and
got a boot disk failure message.

I used a...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 11:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Pete
Is there still a Free firewall for windows 98?

What's the best? or is it no longer supported?

Thanks

pete
Forum: General January 26th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Pete
I have been given 2 17" CRTs and I don't know which one to keep

Can someone tell me which if these screens will have the best picture as far
as the technical specification is concerned? They both seem to work fine and
I'm not bothered about the USB hub in the...
Forum: General December 9th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Pete
I need a new inkjet

"Geoff" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
Forum: General December 3rd 06, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Pete
I need a new inkjet

"Geoff" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
Forum: General December 3rd 06, 01:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Pete
I need a new inkjet

"Geoff" wrote in message

"Pete" wrote in message
Forum: General December 3rd 06, 12:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Pete
Nero 5.5 Won't Recognized New USB DVD Burner

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Hi and Happy Holidays,

Nero 5.5 won't recognize my new HP DVD 840 external (USB) burner.
I have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47