Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: KILOWATT
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 10th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By KILOWATT
BIOS update needed or not, for a Pentium D 945 on P5LD2 Deluxe?

Ok a late update. I've found one! The guy at MegaPC finally needed 3 calls
from me and 5 business days to tell me that it's supplier couldn't get it.
I've found a store 10 minutes from home (friday...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 10th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
P4P800-E Deluxe CPU overheating after BIOS upgrade to 1009

Nice to see that the problem is solved, Sam!

Over what period of time the dust accumulated to raise the temp to such
degree? One year...more? If i ask, it's not to teach you how often you
should...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 10th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
What happened to the the P5LD2 deluxe?

Ok...i've finally found one yesterday! This is after visiting tens of online
stores and calling about 40 stores here in Montréal! The guy upgraded for me
the bios so i can put the Pentium D 945. So...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 10th 06, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
P4P800-E Deluxe CPU overheating after BIOS upgrade to 1009

Hi Sam.

I don't have the absolute answer, but 1st i would check the cpu heat sink
myself. If you have a non-contact infrared-type thermometer, this may help a
lot, but even without that, touch the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 5th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By KILOWATT
RAID with an already installed OS...possible with Matrix Storage Manager?

As an update, i've found interesting infos:
http://forum.abit-usa.com/archive/index.php/t-66432.html
especially the last post. May worth the try...
Forum: General November 5th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By KILOWATT
RAID with an already installed OS...possible with Matrix Storage Manager?

As an update, i've found interesting infos:
http://forum.abit-usa.com/archive/index.php/t-66432.html
especially the last post. May worth the try...
Forum: General November 3rd 06, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By KILOWATT
RAID with an already installed OS...possible with Matrix Storage Manager?

Hi everyones and thanks for your time!

It's to create a raid 0 array on a P5LD2 Deluxe, with an already installed
OS. It is possible to do that using the Intel Matrix Storage Manager in
Windows?...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 3rd 06, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By KILOWATT
RAID with an already installed OS...possible with Matrix Storage Manager?

Hi everyones and thanks for your time!

It's to create a raid 0 array on a P5LD2 Deluxe, with an already installed
OS. It is possible to do that using the Intel Matrix Storage Manager in
Windows?...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 27th 06, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By KILOWATT
BIOS update needed or not, for a Pentium D 945 on P5LD2 Deluxe?

Thanks for your reply, Nomore RGS.

I've ordered the board at MegaPC here in Montréal wednesday. They guy said
that it would be there tomorrow (yesterday). He's still waiting for my
board... i bet...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 26th 06, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By KILOWATT
BIOS update needed or not, for a Pentium D 945 on P5LD2 Deluxe?

Thanks for your reply...
I'm getting a hard time to find a p5ld2 deluxe board. Discontinued! Found a
store were they had only one remaining. Got it this morning but
unfortunately had to return it...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 25th 06, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
What happened to the the P5LD2 deluxe?

As a late update... it's seems that the P5LD2 Deluxe is effectively retired.
It's very difficult to find it here in Montréal. Found a store were they had
only one remaining. Got it this morning but...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 23rd 06, 06:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By KILOWATT
Noise level of two hdd in raid 0...

Thanks for your replies. I'll put the money reserved for the 2nd hdd for
something else... a nice cpu/hdd/vga temp monitor? ;-)
Forum: General October 17th 06, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By KILOWATT
Noise level of two hdd in raid 0...

Hi. thanks to read.

I know that there's a lot of discussions about the real increase in
performances when going with two raid 0'ed drives. None seems to agree and
everyone is right! :-) But the...
Forum: General October 5th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By KILOWATT
Which RAM to use with my pentium 1 system

Try CPU-Z. It will tell you the type of ram you already have installed. You
will have to search for a junk computers depot since you won't be able to
the modules easily were they sell new parts. I...
Forum: General October 4th 06, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By KILOWATT
OCZ vs Corsair

Thanks for the replies. Here's the models from each manufacturer that i
have in...
Forum: General October 3rd 06, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By KILOWATT
OCZ vs Corsair

For the same type, speed and latency modules, OCZ seems to always be 10~15%
less expensive than Corsair. I'm tempted to go with OCZ. Is there's any
reason that i should not or if this is simply a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 29th 06, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
What happened to the the P5LD2 deluxe?

Thanks Paul for your reply. Nice to know that the deluxe version is not
completely phased out. It still available in the stores nearby but since i'm
in north America, i think i should not wait too...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 28th 06, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
What happened to the the P5LD2 deluxe?

Thanks for your time.
It was on the ASUS website this spring, but it is no longer listed! It's not
because it's an old mobo, since they still display mobos based on the 865x
series of chipset! I was...
Forum: General September 22nd 06, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
Strange digital noises from motherboards...

Thanks for your reply Kony. Since the reviews i've found yet don't tell a
lot about the audio quality of these boards, i'll simply buy the deluxe
version of the P5LD2 since there's anyway other...
Forum: General September 21st 06, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By KILOWATT
manually cleaning a printhead

Yeah Null. The pictures were taken since a while for a project i've
abandonned, that was to build a section on a website about the cleaning
procedures. Now that i have more time to spare, i realise...
Forum: General September 21st 06, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By KILOWATT
manually cleaning a printhead

Hi Snyde.
There's a great probability that it's simply a severely clogged head
nozzle/ink channel that the printer's internal pump cannot fix during a head
cleaning cycle but that YOU can fix. I have...
Forum: General September 19th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By KILOWATT
Strange digital noises from motherboards...

Hi thanks for your time.

I have a 3 yrs old mobo (ASUS P4P800-VM) and i have strange digital noises
leaking from the mobo right into the SoundMax integrated digital audio chip.
I mean "blips" sounds...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 26th 06, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By KILOWATT
replacement for all in wonder 9800

If it's brand new in the box, $140 it's not so unreasonable. Here in Canada,
Future Shop (BestBuy's cousin) stills sells that card for $399.00 CDN! Of
course i would not pay that price for a card,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36