Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MB_
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 12, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By MB_
OT-- Charter Requiring Their Modems?

Hoping someone can help. I currently use a Dell desktop, connected to my
Linksys Modem and Linksys Router. I use 3 other laptops and an Ipad, all
working fine, connecting wirelessly.

Anyway, I had...
Forum: Dell Computers February 17th 11, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MB_
Is this a battery problem

Bill:

So I can leave the battery in the computer, charge it say overnight, then
run it until it is totally out, then recharge, all while the battery is in
the computer?

Interesting.

I've never...
Forum: Dell Computers August 15th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 69
Posted By MB_
OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??

I have IE 6.x at home and IE 7.0 at work. I prefer IE to Firefox and I do
NOT want to use IE 8.0 at this time.

But I also prefer the look and feel of IE 6.x compared to 7.0.

However, I have also...
Forum: Dell Computers July 27th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By MB_
How do I network to a printer

Howdy. I need some basic help for dummies here.
I have a desktop. It has 2 printers. A parallel port Epson and a USB Canon
Pixma IP4000.

Each printer has sharing enabled (Printer 1 and Printer...
Forum: Dell Computers July 11th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By MB_
OT--suddenly can't access shared files

Howdy. For years I've had my desktop and then a wireless laptop which was
able to access some files on my desktop. Now I have two such laptops.

Everything has worked fine but all of a sudden,...
Forum: Dell Computers March 31st 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By MB_
OT--OE6.0 compacting problem

Thanks for the responses.

My deleted.dbx file was HUGE. It was over 1 GIG. I've just found it
convenient. About 6 times a year (at most) I need to search for a deleted
email and it was easy to...
Forum: Dell Computers January 8th 09, 08:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By MB_
New Ext. HD--questions

OK, I just received the Fantom 1 TB ext. HD that I ordered from Buy.com. I
have some very basic questions and hope you folks can help:

1) When I do the initial format (It come with FAT32 and I will...
Forum: Dell Computers December 30th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By MB_
Formatting/Partitioning question

I have XP.

I've just ordered a 1 TB external HD that I plan to use just via the USB
port.

Anyway, I know it will come with a FAT32 format.
I've done some googling and I'm quite confident on how to...
Forum: Dell Computers December 30th 08, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By MB_
Ext. HD?

Actually, I plan to just use it via the USB port, mostly for backup stuff, I
THINK!

Mel
"Cmplx80" wrote in message
MZB wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers September 10th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By MB_
adding memory question

Thanks. I sent them an email about the first question

Mel
"RnR" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:38:07 -0400, "MZB"...
Forum: Dell Computers June 21st 08, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By MB_
OT-- strange connectivity problem

I am having a strange problem. For the last 2 nights, I've lost my internet
connection (after midnight). I would check the modem and the READY light
would be flashing. I would try and reset the...
Forum: Dell Computers June 5th 08, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MB_
Update on my AVG 8.0 Problem

First of all, I can't go back to AVG 7.5. They won't support that version
any more (no more updates).

I read about Avira in PC WORLD I think. It was rated as the best free AV
program. Other...
Forum: Dell Computers June 4th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MB_
Update on my AVG 8.0 Problem

Hi. Avira is working great and so is my laptop...finally!

Mel
"olfart" wrote in message

"MZB" wrote in...
Forum: Dell Computers June 3rd 08, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By MB_
OT--AVG 8.0 problem

I'm going to have to look for a different program.

I also upgraded to AVG 8.0 on my desktop and it seems to be working just
fine. It takes very little CPU.

So, I'm not sure why I am having this...
Forum: Dell Computers May 9th 08, 05:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By MB_
XP Home service pack 3???

Well, I installed it. WHAT A PAIN!!!

The first time, everything froze and I had to cancel.

The second time was smoother, but it took 2-3 hours!!!

Anyway, all seems okay now.

Mel
"tpow"...
Forum: Dell Computers March 31st 08, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By MB_
OT--password protection software

I may do that.

I do know I can create a .zip folder in MYDOCUMENTS and then create a
password using XP HOME.

But I don't want to zip the files.

I just read about trucrypt so I will probably try...
Forum: Dell Computers February 28th 08, 12:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By MB_
OT--Works 4.5 & Word 97--with Vista?

Works 4.5 has been a wonderful program.
Simple is a relative term. It's an excellent word processor and spreadsheet.
I generally use WORD 97 as my word processor and WORKS for spreadsheets.

WORKS...
Forum: Dell Computers February 27th 08, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By MB_
OT--Works 4.5 & Word 97--with Vista?

I currently have a DELL with XP HOME.

WORKS 4.5 and WORD 97 works just fine on my system.

Eventually, I will have a VISTA machine.

Will those programs work with Vista?

Mel
Forum: Dell Computers January 26th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By MB_
OT-- need virus advice

Hopefully, one of you folks can help

I ran AVG and it found:

324123[1].html Exploit.anl

sploit[1].anr Exploit.MS05-002
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MB_
OT--UPS Rec?

I have a Dell Dim 2400 desktop.

I currently have the system (with printer, modem, router) plugged into an
APC ES500 (model BE500U) UPS system.

It has worked flawlessly for about 3-4 years. I'm...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By MB_
communications problem-- modem??

Well, Chris, it sounds like a plan anyway.
So far things are working perfectly (since last night!).

I realize a new modem would be free. But suppose it happens again, I unplug
just the router, plug...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By MB_
communications problem-- modem??

Jay:

Well, I guess it could be. But, as I said in my original post, I've been
VERY pleased with my set-up. I've actually had ZERO problems for about 5
years (actually I've had the cable modem for...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By MB_
communications problem-- modem??

Ben and Chris:

Well, my ISP is Charter.
My Linksys is the WRT54G.

Just a thought then:

If it happens again, would I hurt anything by just disconnecting the router
for a minute and then...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By MB_
communications problem-- modem??

Hi. I have a Dell dim 2400. It has a cable modem and a router.
I have an Inspiron 2200 wireless.

I have had no problems for about 5 years. I couldn't be more pleased with my
ISP and the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 23rd 07, 03:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By MB_
OT-- camera problem-- memory card error

I have a Canon A630.

All of a sudden, I couldn't take any pictures -- got a memory card error (CE
card).

At the same time, the batteries died so I suspect that might be the culprit.
Replaced the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29