Showing results 1 to 25 of 88
Search took 1.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jesco Lincke
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 28th 09, 06:46 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 30
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Western Digital VelociRaptor Models

DevilsPGD schrieb:
In message Peter
was claimed to have wrote:

My understanding is that the HLFS model is designed...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 9th 08, 07:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Jesco Lincke
How do I eject a SATA hard disk under Windows XP ?

Guilbert STABILO schrieb:
Arno Wagner écrivait
:

Without write buffer, you can still kill the filesystem with
complete data loss,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 8th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Jesco Lincke
How do I eject a SATA hard disk under Windows XP ?

Guilbert STABILO schrieb:
Jesco Lincke écrivait :

= Do I have to configure Windows XP so I get an "Eject" item in the
right- click menu ?...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 8th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 17
Posted By Jesco Lincke
How do I eject a SATA hard disk under Windows XP ?

Guilbert STABILO schrieb:
Hi all,

I configured my BIOS so it handles the SATA AHCI feature which allows SATA
disks to be hot-plugged on my computer. I also replaced my Windows XP disk
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 28th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Very strange harddisk problem

schrieb:
Hi guys,

This is a weird problem to do with a harddisk and its powering. Here
is what has happened, and what I have done.

1. Friend brought HP PC over, not...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 31st 08, 04:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 83
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Best Backup Software

schrieb:
snip

pssst... don't feed the troll.
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 9th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Jesco Lincke
My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

Timberwoof schrieb:

Oh ... you only have to back up important files. rec.nude?
rec.sport.pro-wrestling? Hmmmm.

Oh yeah, you had to ruin it....
*removes the "B.Y.O. Troll food" sign covering...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 29th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 38
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Get S.M.A.R.T. information on external USB hard drive

Odie schrieb:
Arno Wagner wrote in
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Daniel Lenski wrote:
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:21:39 +0100,...
Forum: General July 2nd 08, 10:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Can hard drives handle floor vibrations?

Rod Speed schrieb:
wrote:

Our next door neighbor has a kid who frequently turns up the car stereo
all the way. The bass is strong enough to make the windows...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 2nd 08, 10:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25

Rod Speed schrieb:
wrote:

Our next door neighbor has a kid who frequently turns up the car stereo
all the way. The bass is strong enough to make the windows...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 6th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 92
Posted By Jesco Lincke
brainfart

Eric Gisin schrieb:
"Arno ****Up" wrote in message
Previously Hunibal wrote:
Have Winxp with SP2
Hd...
Forum: General May 20th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 5
Posted By Jesco Lincke
hard disk problem data recovery

schrieb:
Still no guarantee of recovery but hey - they even
recovered data from the drive fried (literally!) in Columbia space
shuttle crash
And - hey! That procedure only...
Forum: General April 6th 08, 01:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 6
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Ga-ma69vm-s2

chowdown schrieb:
Jesco Lincke;801969 Wrote:
chowdown schrieb:-
Jesco Lincke;801751 Wrote: -
chowdown schrieb:-
after upgrading my motherboard to a GA-MA69VM-S2, there is no sound
Forum: General April 4th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 6
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Ga-ma69vm-s2

chowdown schrieb:
Jesco Lincke;801751 Wrote:
chowdown schrieb:-
after upgrading my motherboard to a GA-MA69VM-S2, there is no sound
although the test sound does come out, all drivers...
Forum: General April 3rd 08, 02:39 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 6
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Ga-ma69vm-s2

chowdown schrieb:
after upgrading my motherboard to a GA-MA69VM-S2, there is no sound
although the test sound does come out, all drivers appear to be up to
date. I'm quite pc illiterate so...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 19th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Fujitsu MHU2100 laptop drive failure

schrieb:
Coffee was spilled on the laptop keyboard. When I opened it up to
clean, I found coffee between the harddrive carrier and the drive PCB.
After everything was put...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 17th 08, 12:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Jesco Lincke
Neophyte question about Raid 1

Cactus Jack schrieb:
On Mar 12, 10:09 am, Cactus Jack wrote:
I am a bit anal when it comes to backing up my system, because I HATE
reinstalling and updating the OS,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Jesco Lincke
When do 2 TB drives arrive on the market?

Andrew Hamilton schrieb:
Anyone have any inside knowledge about what Seagate and the others are
planning for this year and next year? I need to build a storage
server with at least 4 TB, but I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 12th 08, 08:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Jesco Lincke
self built NAS "how-to" anywhere?

Gary Seven schrieb:
Jesco Lincke wrote:
: Hi,
:
: I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on how to
: build a NAS-box from scratch. The result should be...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 12th 08, 11:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Doug White schrieb:
Hi,

I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on how to build a
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 08, 09:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Jesco Lincke
self built NAS "how-to" anywhere?

Rod Speed schrieb:
Jesco Lincke wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jesco Lincke wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jesco Lincke wrote
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Jesco Lincke
self built NAS "how-to" anywhere?

Rod Speed schrieb:
Jesco Lincke wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jesco Lincke wrote:

I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on how to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 08, 06:56 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Rod Speed schrieb:
Jesco Lincke wrote:

I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on how to build a
NAS-box from scratch. The result should be something like...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Posted By Jesco Lincke
self built NAS "how-to" anywhere?

Hi,

I'm looking for some reasonably simple instructions on how to build a
NAS-box from scratch. The result should be something like the
Tera-Station...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 0