Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cydrome Leader
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 15th 11, 06:30 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Super DLT Tape Autoloader options.....

Steve-o wrote:
I have a Dell 110T SuperDLT320 External SCSI drive with about 90 tapes I can
use. I have been using it to backup terabytes of data but I am growing
tired of...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 25th 10, 12:57 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 0
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Adaptec 2420SA + seagate Barracude 2 LP = FAIL

I just tried some SEagate barracuda 2TB LP drives on some Adaptec 2420SA
sata II raid cards.

No dice.

the adaptecs are running the latest 5.2.whatever firmware.

they see the seagate drives, the...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 20th 09, 09:44 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

mrvelous1 wrote:

On Sep 19, 9:47?pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
wrote:
Cydrome Leader ...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 20th 09, 09:32 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
Here most vendors have people who could do work, but they want to force
you to use a VAR as well. All...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 20th 09, 02:47 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
Talking to me, I've seen management for UPS machine... We were looking at it
trying to figure out...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 18th 09, 07:50 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
Hitachi holds Asian market mostly, and they manufacture enterprise boxes for
HP and Sun, so they get...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 18th 09, 04:43 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Cydrome Leader
RAID level for personal archival?

"Derrick Coetzee " wrote:
Hi all,

I'm building a RAID solution for personal archiving (general large
things like raw photos, full disk backups, DVD...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 18th 09, 04:37 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
that Hitachi guys (as well as my EMC team) are considering Hitachi AMS
series as a real problem when...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 17th 09, 09:48 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
Other option is to go to Hitachi AMS2000 series which uses SAS drives, and
costs almost half...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 17th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
That's the biggest CX from that age... Hmmmm, it's quite a good machine...
You could somehow make a...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 17th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

wrote:
Boll Weevil kenjka:
As mentioned above, there is typically a 3 year maintenance/warranty
included with a purchase of a new...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 17th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 19
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Replacing EMC Clariion disks with Best Buy disks

mrvelous1 wrote:
On Sep 4, 4:47?pm, Boll Weevil wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:52:28 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
Boll...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 29th 09, 08:25 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Cydrome Leader
VxVM and VxFS on Solaris 10 sparc

kartikvashishta108 wrote:
Free Veritas VxVM/VxFS training and access on a Solaris system.

I have a Solaris system with 11 disks, I'd like to, with those who
agree to terms...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 16th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Cydrome Leader
NAS, how to make a choice

chriske911 wrote:
kushalshah wrote :
Hi Chris

if you are open to look at other VMware centified storage than there
would be lot of other options...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 6th 09, 04:46 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Where is Storage Computer (SOS, RAID-7, Goodlander) now ?

wrote:
Cydrome Leader kenjka:
Anyone remember "Storage Computer Corporation"? They had the
unforgettable stock ticker symbol SOS,...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 5th 09, 05:09 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage

_firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca_dot_us wrote:
Anyone remember "Storage Computer Corporation"? They had the
unforgettable stock ticker symbol SOS, owned the domain name
storage.com, sold...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives October 29th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cydrome Leader
QLA2342 - PCI Configuration Error

Stephan Weber wrote:
Am Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:01:09 +0000 schrieb Cydrome Leader:

Stephan Weber wrote:
Hello group !

i bought a...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives October 27th 08, 08:01 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Cydrome Leader
QLA2342 - PCI Configuration Error

Stephan Weber wrote:
Hello group !

i bought a used QLA2342. The card seems to work fine, because the
sansurfer-application recognizes it correct, but i can't...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 24th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Cydrome Leader
certification for SAN - Tell me which is good

deepaksamraj wrote:
Hi all,

I need a help.

Tell me which certification will be the best.

CNE, Cetified Novell Engineer.
Forum: Storage & Hardrives September 24th 08, 03:57 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Question on partitioning a storage array

January Weiner wrote:
Hello,

please don't bash me if I ask stupid things. I am only an "acting admin".

The situation is as follows: a storage box (3TB)...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 29th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Cydrome Leader
SAN cost per MB........... Fibre and SATA disks?

Boll Weevil wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:03:39 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Boll Weevil wrote:
Trying...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 29th 08, 04:03 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Cydrome Leader
SAN cost per MB........... Fibre and SATA disks?

Boll Weevil wrote:
Trying to do a costa analysis. I don't want to call a sales guy because you
know what happens if you do.

You might get the information you are...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 27th 08, 09:45 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Sharing RAID0 between LAMP servers?

Gilles Ganault wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:15:01 GMT, Pete
wrote:
Where's the latency being seen? Between the user and the application...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 25th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Sharing RAID0 between LAMP servers?

Gilles Ganault wrote:
Hello

Our LAMP application is showing I/O latency. I was wondering if we
could move to multiple Apache servers, each connected through their
own...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 11th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.super,comp.arch,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Replies: 22
Posted By Cydrome Leader
Roadrunner Supercomputer using 12,960 CELL Processors Hits 1 PetaFlop ?(1000 TeraFlops) of double-precision FP Performance

In comp.sys.super AirRaid wrote:
Yes, this is cross-posted, because IMO it deserves to be. This is a
milestone in computing performance, thus, IMO, it should be as...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108