Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Kettlewell
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 8th 15, 10:41 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
USB 3.0 for a 2.5" drive?

"Charles T. Smith" writes:
Hi, a quick question for the experts.

I've gathered the impression that the interface technology (usb, sata,
pata) for disk drives is...
Forum: General July 6th 15, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Android for my Acer Aspire One

Frank Slootweg writes:
Richard Kettlewell wrote:
Frank Slootweg writes:
Richard Kettlewell ...
Forum: General July 5th 15, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Android for my Acer Aspire One

"s|b" writes:
Richard Kettlewell wrote:
Looks fine to from here. (The syntax is quite liberal about whitespace)

Learned something new today! :-)

Did you mean the...
Forum: General July 5th 15, 10:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Android for my Acer Aspire One

Frank Slootweg writes:
Richard Kettlewell wrote:
"s|b" writes:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 20:53:05 -0700, Norm X wrote:
Forum: General July 5th 15, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 17

"s|b" writes:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 20:53:05 -0700, Norm X wrote:
This message is X-posted to alt.comp.hardware & comp.mobile.android.

Not sure, but I don't think it made...
Forum: General August 6th 14, 09:21 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 86
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
BadUSB security flaw (massive undetectible USB reprogramming vulnerability)

Paul writes:

Richard Kettlewell wrote:
"David W. Hodgins" writes:
John Hasler wrote:

And it would not be...
Forum: General August 5th 14, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 86
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
BadUSB security flaw (massive undetectible USB reprogramming vulnerability)

"David W. Hodgins" writes:
John Hasler wrote:

And it would not be "without the OS being aware". Quite the contrary:
it would rely on bugs...
Forum: General August 3rd 14, 08:38 AM Posted to alt.os.linux,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 86
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
BadUSB security flaw (massive undetectible USB reprogramming vulnerability)

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" writes:
writes:
"This flaw, dubbed BadUSB by Security Research Labs in Berlin, leverages

(I always rate less...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 20th 14, 10:13 AM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 60
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
A dying very old HDD confirmed?

Pascal Hambourg writes:
Rod Speed a écrit :

Yeah, a few reallocated sectors are no big deal on a drive
that old.

However having Current_Pending_Sector...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 27th 12, 10:11 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Securedly erase memory cards?

Arno writes:
Franc Zabkar wrote:
Franc Zabkar wrote:

The ATA standard provides an Enhanced Secure Erase command that also
erases remapped...
Forum: General June 11th 12, 12:45 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
HOW2 copy IDE to SATA?

writes:
I read:

You can buy integrated motherboards that allow a computer to use both
SATA and IDE hard drives. However, only one of the two may be used at
any given...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 24th 11, 09:23 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Is my old Linux/Debian box's Quantum 15 GB HDD dying?

(Ant) writes:

Assuming my storage Quantum IDE/PATA drive is dying and I can't replace
it right away, I guess I can live without it for a bit for now. I have
three...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 24th 11, 09:01 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard Kettlewell
Is my old Linux/Debian box's Quantum 15 GB HDD dying?

[Over 2000 lines snipped. Can't you post anything short??]