Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: -
Forum: Scanners February 15th 10, 04:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 2
Posted By -
scanner for mid format film/slides

If you mounts are designed so that they suspend the film about 1 mm off the
glass when placed down on to th glass, you can cut your own mask for the
slides with the same outer shape as the other...
Forum: Scanners December 29th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 1
Posted By -
Scans are suddenly too bright

If your cropping is different and it now includes additional areas of
bright/white spaces or dark spaces, that can throw off the auto
calculations. It could be a number of things though. Try...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 4th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 17
Posted By -
Good forceware version fo 6800GT?

Sorry, but I could not advise you on this.

Doug

"Robert Blass" wrote in message
Would I see a performance boost or temp...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 3rd 08, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 17
Posted By -
Good forceware version fo 6800GT?

I have been using the 169.21 download from the Nvidia site. The only time I
have had problems so far is when I have gone into the Nvidia control panel
and run the stability test (I bought my card...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 23rd 08, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By -
Thanks - Getting Rid of Smoke Smell?

Thanks for all the suggestions. FWIW, I took the fan cover off and then
soaked the wide tip of soft medium sized paint brush with a bit of alcohol
and then used that to brush down all of heat sink...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 23rd 08, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By -
Getting Rid of Smoke Smell?

I recently obtained an upgraded video card (a PNY Nvidia 6800 GT) to put
into my aging P4P800SE mobo. The card is great but problem is that the card
came from a computer that must have been used...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 23rd 08, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By -
Removing Smoke Smell?

I recently obtained an upgraded video card to put into my aging P4P800SE
mobo. The card is great but problem is that the card came from a computer
that must have been used by a smoker. It is a...
Forum: Scanners January 9th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 4
Posted By -
epson scanner 3200 perfection photo

Is the lid plugged in and is the light source in the lid lighting up when
you do a film scan (of course using the film setting in the software)? If
not, unplug and re-plug the pigtail connector...
Forum: Scanners January 8th 08, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 4
Posted By -
epson scanner 3200 perfection photo

Did you pull the white insert out of the lid before trying to scan film as
shown in the directions? This is the most common issue when people have an
error like that.

Doug
--...
Forum: Scanners October 22nd 07, 08:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 3
Posted By -
Problem scanning odd-sized negs with Epson V750Pro

It does seem like an auto-postion thing, but I haven't found what controls
that. It's not a setting in professional mode that I can find, maybe it
was pre-set. I will have to look more into...
Forum: Scanners April 3rd 07, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 2
Posted By -
Epson Perfection V100 Photo

You need to set up a manual crop with a cropping marquee that you manually
create via the dialog to have the exact square dimensions you desire. You
will need to get out the auto-everything mode...
Forum: Scanners November 1st 06, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 1
Posted By -
Dust in scans

There's a small dust cresent moon in all the scans.

That sounds like it might be a Newton Ring (Google for a
discussion/definition). Try to get your film into the film holder so that
it...
Forum: Scanners September 24th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 10
Posted By -
Film scanner

Friends don't let friends drink and drive... or buy Plustek! :) Look for a
new or used Nikon or Minolta film scanner.

Doug
--
www.BetterScanning.com - Custom Film Holders and Accessories for...
Forum: Printers September 12th 06, 07:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

Google is your friend. Have you tried it? For price shopping?

Yes. Just looking for the insights in addition to price such as quality and
service. Google will give you a billion hits and...
Forum: Printers September 12th 06, 06:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By -
Good HP Laser Cart Reman?

I have tried multiple remanufactured toner cartridges for my HP printers.
It seems that maybe one out of every three is decent enough to use. Does
anyone have a suggestion for a remanufacturer who...
Forum: Scanners August 30th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 2
Posted By -
Epson 4990 Scan software question

I've put two strips in the holder but
software ssems to be seeming the images as 35mm strips and trims the
images, actually producing six part images instead of four whole...
Forum: Scanners August 20th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 4
Posted By -
Epson 4490 any good?

Also, ICE is hardware AND software based. Canon has their own version
called FARE. Be warned that most software only solutions to not work well.

Doug
--
www.BetterScanning.com - Custom Film...
Forum: Scanners August 20th 06, 04:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner

Take a look he

http://www.asf.com/products/ice/FilmICEOverview.shtml

The version for films works better than the version for reflective scanning.
Also note that ICE only works on certain types...
Forum: Scanners August 19th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 4
Posted By -
Epson 4490 any good?

You should be able to get a brand new one from a reputable online retailer
for right at $160 plus shipping after the $50 rebate.

They are decent scanners for that price if you need to scan both 35...
Forum: Scanners August 15th 06, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 7
Posted By -
scanning handwriting not OCR

I don't know about the Canon software, but the Epson software has a black
and white setting. This setting has a cut off slider which allows you to
set where the cutoff is between black and white...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20