Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: -RS-
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 21st 07, 02:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By -RS-
De-striping a RAID 0 setup ?

Does anyone know if it is likely Ghost 7.5 will work with a striped SATA
RAID 0 set that is read from its motherboard which uses an on-board Silicon
Image RAID chip? The goal is to de-stripe the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 21st 07, 05:19 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

Does anyone know if it is likely Ghost 7.5 will work with a striped SATA
RAID 0 set that is read from its motherboard which uses an on-board Silicon
Image RAID chip? The goal is to de-stripe the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 20th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By -RS-
De-striping a RAID 0 setup ?

I have a home computer with two 300gB HDD's set up as a RAID 0 / striped
configuration. I set it up that way as an experiment when I built the system
6 months ago. I kind of forgot that it was an...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 20th 07, 05:22 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

Just an update: I was able to get the data recovered by a data recovery
service. I have been busy and have not yet put the RAID system back
together to see if it was the controller that was at...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 8th 07, 05:59 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

Just an update. Spinrite finished Friday afternoon and the log didn't seem
to show much. I tried to read the drive via the USB dongle and it looked
exactly as before (0 bytes, etc.). So it does...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 6th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

You're right, I had seen an error message about "incomplete RAID set" ...
but do not boot this system often and I must admit that I am guilty of
ignoring it because ... the system was still booting...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 6th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

I got a universal USB HDD dongle & power supply thing and took out the
RAID HDDs and plugged them one at a time into it and read the contents on
another PC.

- First, I tried the drive that was...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

Yes, that's what I am wondering ... where is the much-vaunted RAID security?
I was told that it just enables me to re-build the set (with a new
replacement SATA HDD), and not being able to boot...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

Should I be able to boot, read data etc. from the non-dropped disk, by
itself? (So that I can backup data onto removable media.)

So far I have not been able to boot from it. This was a mirrored...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 07, 08:12 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 18
Posted By -RS-
matched drives needed for Silicon Image SiI 3112 SATALink ?

I have a Intel D845PEBT2 mobo with the on-board SATA mentioned in the
subject line.

One of the 2 year old Seagate Baracuda 200Gb SATA HDDs is reported as
"dropped" by the Silicon Image...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10