Showing results 1 to 25 of 148
Search took 0.88 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nobody > (Revisited)
Forum: General January 1st 12, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Palette Shifting Craziness on Laptop Screen (Solved)

On 12/31/2011 8:31 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Grinder wrote:

Problem solved. Apparently the motherboard connector that accepts the
cable from the flat panel is a bit screwy. It's taken a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 11, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Users that have a UPS but no data backup

On 11/21/2011 6:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
Why not use a real line conditioner that includes voltage regulation,
and get rid of the battery?
--

Because not all of us have "Four Nines" power?

And...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 20th 11, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Help: Building an Mini-ITX PC

On 11/20/2011 11:09 AM, Searcher7 wrote:
After looking at that quicksetup guide at the link you provided it showed step
by step how to remove that cage. Why didnt you just follow those...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 11th 11, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
ASUS M3A - DVD Player reluctant to eject

On 11/10/2011 6:22 AM, Rhino wrote:
For what it's worth, I installed the Firmware Auto Upgrade Program that
you suggested -

Forum: Asus Motherboards November 9th 11, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
ASUS M3A - DVD Player reluctant to eject

On 11/9/2011 9:16 AM, Rhino wrote:
I've been having an odd problem for a while now. The DVD player in my
computer, which uses an ASUS M3A motherboard, is often reluctant to eject.

Basically,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 7th 11, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
backups for a 2T hard drive

On 2011-11-06, Nobody wrote:
On 11/6/2011 1:37 PM, Paul wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 7th 11, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
backups for a 2T hard drive

On 11/6/2011 1:37 PM, Paul wrote:
anotherpaul wrote:
Never thought I'd ever ask, but what do people use for backing up large
drives, like the 1 or 2 terabyte drives or larger? Hope not a
Forum: General October 28th 11, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
external USB 2.0 hard drives

On 10/27/2011 3:41 PM, philo wrote:
On 10/27/2011 06:08 AM, Bendix wrote:
is it safe to use small 2.5" external USB 2.0 hard drives in continuous
mode? As it often requires 2-3 hours to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 11, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

On 10/26/2011 3:18 AM, FatBytestard wrote:
Well, you know it will be sinusoidal. One does not test assemblies
with hard, square wave vibrations.

Wanna bet?

I don't know how the Navy and/or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 11, 11:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
what happened to Kingmax?

On 10/26/2011 3:43 AM, Orson Cart wrote:
It appears somebody has taken over the domain kingmax.com to host a fake website
with malware script exploits to infect visitor's PCs.

I checked the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 11, 10:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

On 10/26/2011 12:35 AM, FatBytestard wrote:
You are a goddamned idiot. Shock is measured in Gs as well, you stupid
twit. That is why the drive makers publish their shock RESISTANCE specs
in...
Forum: General October 26th 11, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Mouse freezes, HD spins....

On 10/25/2011 5:11 PM, ABC wrote:
Intel Core duo E4500 2.2G
Asus P5GC MX/GBL--2G RAM
running XP sp2

Reliable old machine but recently the cursor would just freeze
randomly. During the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 24th 11, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 71
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

On 10/23/2011 3:37 PM, Fierce Guppy wrote:
This is maybe the area where you need to put more effort
into, aside from cleaning out the debris from your PC more often. But
electric shocks??? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 46
SkyTard FAILing at hard drive replacement NOT ME THO!

On 10/20/2011 10:25 PM, FatBytestard wrote:
On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:32:15 -0700, "Nobody (Revisited)"
wrote:

There's probably some Romanian or Phillipeno "geek...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.humor,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 46
SkyTard FAILing at hard drive replacement NOT ME THO!

On 10/20/2011 7:00 PM, Skybuck wrote:
The new harddisk has seemed to fail as well and has bad sectors which
resulted into an interesting red screen which I have not seen before.

You had it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 71
DreamPC 2006 ready for it's grave...

On 10/20/2011 1:58 AM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Many [online] shops in the Netherlands sell complete systems,
Norrod, Alternate, some have an online system where you can select the right...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 11, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

On 10/19/2011 11:03 PM, Skybuck wrote:
I have come to learn some lessons: if it's not a total system builder
then don't do bussiness with them, antec doesn't give a **** if your
electronics...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 18th 11, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster seems to be dead.

On 10/17/2011 8:58 PM, GooseMan wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:48:58 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Lately every day I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 11, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Advice request: do I plug my cases' fans on mobo or case's connectors?

On 10/5/2011 2:40 PM, Castor Nageur wrote:
Hi all,

I am going to order the Thermaltake Element V for my new Asus mobo:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1420&ID=1900#Tab0

My...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 5th 11, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Battery Backup Question

On 10/4/2011 5:20 AM, mikea wrote:
If the batteries are rated and constructed for deep discharge, the
full-load testing probably is OK, but if you're just using, say, motorcycle
batteries or...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 4th 11, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Battery Backup Question

On 10/3/2011 4:54 PM, Rhino wrote:

"Nobody (Revisited)" wrote in message
On 10/3/2011 9:56 AM, Rhino wrote:
Unless...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 4th 11, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Computer wont' boot

On 10/3/2011 3:23 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
http://imgur.com/NMk1J

My niece brought her computer to me. She had been having trouble. She
said the machine would sometimes not beep (POST) when she...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 3rd 11, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Battery Backup Question

On 10/3/2011 9:56 AM, Rhino wrote:
Unless someone else thinks of something, I suppose I'll chalk this one
up to the cats and not worry about it.

--
Rhino

No biggie. You could also lean on...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 30th 11, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Can't get rid of "AsusSetup.exe" startup nags (Older Win-based BIOStool) on startup. (M4A78T-E if that even matters?)

It was my bad to start with, I installed this hoping to avoid coming up
with a bootable USB BIOS updatete solution. I didn't research it well
enough to find out that it won't run on Win 7.

I found...
Forum: General September 28th 11, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Continuous working mode

On 9/28/2011 5:06 AM, dinoz wrote:
is standard notebook suitable for continuous working mode, say run
internet application 24/5?
Or even 6-7 hours continuous mode without turn off? (however,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 148