Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

It runs fine on Vista 64 as well or are you saying that Microsoft would
release a version of Office that wouldn't work on their commercial
versions of Windows?

****, the more you post,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

Office 2003 and Office 2007 work on vista x64, dumb ****.

Have you installed Office 2007 on Vista 64? I tried to, but it wasn't
compatible. -Dave
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

Office 2000 and XP both work great on Vista 64. I don't own any older
versions of Office anymore.

Ed

Hey, thanks for the pointer! I believe I've still got a (legal) copy of
Office...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Dave says...

Cheese and Rice! I wish I was home...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

There's thousands listed on the Microsoft web site. Choose any three you
want. -Dave

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/default.aspx

The hardware has already been...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message "Dave"
was claimed to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 09, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Dave
windows vista 64

His source is probably the same as mine Dave......experience, and my
experience with Vista 64 is exactly the same as his. The only weakness I
have found with 64bit Vista is driver support for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 9th 09, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
Will the Antec TPQ-1000 PSU work with high end GPUs?

"Trey Rozsa" wrote in message
Hey guys,

I recently got an Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W PSU.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 08, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave
pc transplant - Compaq EN to new case & psu (possible?)

"poachedeggs" wrote in message
While installing Linux Mint 2.2 on an old Compaq EN SFF 886mhz...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 08, 06:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
A-Z video converter does not start

wrote in message
Hi...Friends...I have downloaded and installed A-Z Video Converter
Ultimate...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 08, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave
POWER SUPLY Question

"MS" wrote in message
Hi, here goes my system
1xCore 2 duo 8500
2x2Gb Corsair DDR2
1x4850 PowerColor 512 PCI-E
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 08, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave
64bit vista question

Probably not.

You're full of ****.

--
Conor

And I guess you think that everybody runs the exact same software you do,
and nothing else. Who is full of ****? -Dave
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave
64bit vista question

"~AlicGinnis~" wrote in message
all of my software is for 32 bit XP professional.
Will it run under 64 bit Vista Home...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

"Albert" wrote in message
Most video cards have TWO DVI outputs, where ONE of them
can be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

Oops, I didn't see his other post.
Can you actually get a monitor that only has HDMI then (well I suppose you
can if he has one)?
--
SteveH

Good question. In a quick search of newegg,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

"SteveH" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

I've got a Radeon 4850 that does just that.

Does it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave
how to build up a PC or games

"medo123" wrote in message
i need to know the required secification to build up a PC or game

Ok,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

"Albert" wrote in message
Dave,

Thanks for the nice reply.

Yes the PC Monitor and TV have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

"SteveH" wrote in message
Albert wrote:
Thanks for the responses so far. If there is no one card to do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave
One PC to LCD TV and Monitor w/Audio?

"Albert" wrote in message
Thanks for the responses so far. If there is no one card to do this,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 08, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave
Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

"Larc" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:00:51 -0500, "BigJim"
wrote:

| the msi...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave
Hard Disk Reliability

That should not be possible. I have not heard any credible
reports of that happening.

Arno

Well a bad controller can definitely cause corrupted files. And depending
on what the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 9th 08, 07:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave
Hard Disk Reliability

That should not be possible. I have not heard any credible
reports of that happening.

Arno

Well a bad controller can definitely cause corrupted files. And depending
on what the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 08, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Dave
Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

"JR Weiss" wrote in message
"Albert" wrote...
Are there video cards that have 2 HDMI connections as...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave
Hardware Inventory

"Don" wrote in message
Is there a software program out there that will display a complete
hardware inventory?

Thanks

Start,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500