Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.93 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rb[_2_]
Forum: Printers February 19th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By rb[_2_]
print size

Arial 8. Need 10 or 12.
Forum: Printers February 19th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By rb[_2_]
print size

I have a Epson "EpsonStylus C-88".

The print from it is small. I've asked Epson via email several times if
there's some way to change the print, but they don't seem to have anyone
awake. Answers...
Forum: General January 5th 08, 04:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By rb[_2_]
pc to tv setup question

Couldn't bring the manual up, for some reason. Thanks.
Forum: General January 4th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By rb[_2_]
pc to tv setup question

Trying to setup my tv for pc use.

Here's the description of what I ordered recently:

It was labelled "pc to tv silver video converter".

"TView Silver PC-toTV converter. Display your computer video...
Forum: General December 30th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By rb[_2_]
how to send audio from pc to tv

The audio input line is etched on the set, and is yellow.

Many thanks to all. I will figure out how to get mono to TV. Shouldn't be
a big deal.
Forum: General December 30th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By rb[_2_]
how to send audio from pc to tv

Here's my TV. The jack in front, low down, on right side is the audio, and
is a phono yellow and white plug.

http://www.symphonic.us/pdf/spec/1999/SC3919.pdf

I'll make up a cable with pin plug on...
Forum: General December 30th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By rb[_2_]
how to send audio from pc to tv

I'm planning to send audio from my old pc (win XP) to a TV.

The TV has the standard yellow coax looking plug.

My pc has a small NIC card in back with line, speaker, and audio. The audio
plug uses...
Forum: General December 27th 07, 08:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By rb[_2_]
usb---pc-1 or pc-2???

256MB RAM, 800 MHZ and up, 20 gb HD. Description of a computer I might
buy.

The position has two USB slots.

Is there any way of telling if they're the old PC-1 slots? I recall some
older pcs...
Forum: General December 26th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By rb[_2_]
wireless question

Well, I will try it and see. Once I get the wireless part set up, I can
move away from my present source and see how it goes. If I have to move
the access point close to the site, it'll cost me...
Forum: General December 25th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By rb[_2_]
wireless question

I am placing my wireless pc about 15' away from the source. It will need to
go through 3 walls at that distance (frame house). Is it likely to work?
Forum: General December 18th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
tv for pc usage?

Nope. I'll stick to the wired pc to tv converters. Just putting news
chanells up on a TV .

Good to know stuff about the wireless. I've copied your message in case I
ever get into this with...
Forum: General December 18th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
tv for pc usage?

Thanks. Good answers. I'm fumbling along trying to get things ready for a
tv presentation off my pc. I think I can do it good, now.

The one thing more I'm wondering about is what are the...
Forum: General December 18th 07, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
tv for pc usage?

I have a 19" Symphonic color tv. Nothing on the back except the 75ohm plug
for ant.

On the front, there are two, small coax looking plugs labelled "audio" and
"video", with some other controls. ...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By rb[_2_]
pc to tv converter

Wow! Great answers. I am an obvious newbie on doing this.

What I was thinking of doing was putting a web site on my pc with brings in
lots of news (without all the prexy minute-to-minute stuff)...
Forum: General December 14th 07, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By rb[_2_]
pc to tv converter

Do the small "pc to TV converters" on Ebay let me put a pc monitor screen up
on my 20-24" TV screen?

If so, how do you configure it for channel, etc.?
Forum: General October 25th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
total newbie question on power

Yes. Thanks.

Looks like if I have either 5/12vdc on the outside of the plugs I'll be OK.
Nice to know. Thanks.

With this, now I can check the supply voltage and see if that's whats wrong....
Forum: General October 25th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
total newbie question on power

What this one is an old one that I'm trying to get running again.

It's been to the shop several times, and they told me the two 5" drives
weren't working. That leaves the old flat drive.

The shop...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
total newbie question on power

I have two 5" wide pc drives not working.

My single 3.5" wide floppy drive works fine.

Are the two 5" pc drives on the same or different voltages than the 3.5"
floppy?
Forum: Printers July 13th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By rb[_2_]
did i make a mistake?

I like your philosophy!!! Thanks for the response.

It works fine. I just didn't know if I'd made a mistake going to the film
type printer/copier, as opposed to ribbon types, etc.

We'll be using...
Forum: Printers July 13th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By rb[_2_]
did i make a mistake?

I bought a combo printer, fax, copier yesterday. It seemed to be a terrific
deal, and I had to make a decision in a short time span.

After rolling the dice and getting it (it was $10), I...
Forum: General June 29th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
monitor settings question

I've just pressed an old pc into service that had Win2K on it.

I didn't do anything about monitor or video card settings. Just plugged the
monitor in (it's considered a plug 'n play device) and it...
Forum: General June 28th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By rb[_2_]
monitor settings question

Running Win 2000 and I use a 15" LCD monitor.

Just downloaded a new version of AdAware. When I open it, I get an error
message telling me my screen resolution is 640 x 480, and AdAware needs it...
Forum: General June 17th 07, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By rb[_2_]
ethernet access question

It's Win2000, so should be OK.
Forum: General June 16th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By rb[_2_]
how to get ethernet connection installed

Oops---somehow double posted. My bad. Sorry about that.

Old, senile, forgetful???? All the preceding?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44