Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sheldon
Forum: Acer Computers June 26th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By Sheldon
ACER ALTOS 1200 - floppy?

"Norman" wrote in message
Hi, I'm mounting an Altos 1200 motherboard (M25C-2) in a case with 2
floppy
drives connected in...
Forum: Acer Computers June 11th 09, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 2
Posted By Sheldon
ACER ASPIRE M1100 - floppy?

"Preston" wrote in message
Hi!

Does anyone know if the AM1100 motherboard has a floppy port/jack so that
I can...
Forum: Acer Computers May 12th 09, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
dead laptop acer travelmate 8004LMi

"Alpigo" wrote in message
Hello,
My travelmate 8004LMi is dead. Nothing special done. The power comes on
the motherboard but...
Forum: Acer Computers April 26th 09, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 46
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire 5630 Laptop screen/display problem

"Pete Zahut" dont@bother wrote in message
Paul wrote:
Pete Zahut wrote:
Got the above laptop and it's just developed a problem with the
Forum: Acer Computers April 26th 09, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire 5315 shuts down on its own

Start with the easiest stuff first, reseating cards and connectors. More or
new heatsink compound may very well solve the problem. When looking for
parts check eBay. I've never bought a bad...
Forum: Acer Computers April 25th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 20
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire 5315 shuts down on its own

"Albédo" wrote in message
Oh, and the battery doesn't seem to be the problem either.
--
a.

1. Check all the power...
Forum: Acer Computers March 23rd 09, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
Problems with USB

Sounds like it could be the computer if it's only one USB port. Try going
into Device Manager and deleting all the USB ports. When you restart the
computer it will find them again (it should,...
Forum: Acer Computers March 21st 09, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
problems with monitor

"HH" wrote in message
Uh, a "4-year-old" PII??? Unlikely. Maybe a 14-year old. PIIs are 1996-97
vintage...
Forum: Acer Computers March 18th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire M3610 desktop with Win XP Home

"Lukas Mariman" wrote in message

"Sheldon" schreef in bericht
Forum: Acer Computers March 17th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire M3610 desktop with Win XP Home

"Lukas Mariman" wrote in message
Hi,

Now almost a year ago I bought an Acer Aspire M3610 desktop PC that came
with...
Forum: Acer Computers March 9th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 4
Posted By Sheldon
Battery question - Acer Aspire One

Is the 6 cell battery physically larger than the 3 cell battery?

TIA
Forum: Acer Computers February 25th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

"Cheeky *******" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
"Cheeky *******" wrote in message
Forum: Acer Computers February 22nd 09, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

"Cheeky *******" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 3
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire 1524

"Alain Dekker" wrote in message
Thanks, I got separate advice from Acer directly which exactly matched
that...
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
aspire one

"Adrian Bailey" wrote in message
I have the Linpus version of the Aspire One and I'd like to know how to add
other languages (e.g....
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 01:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 7
Posted By Sheldon
Convert to XP

"HH" wrote in message
Learn to "abide" it.

HH

I agree. While I don't like Vista, and most of my...
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 01:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 0
Posted By Sheldon
The end of the desktop?

Once they get the horsepower up some with the same battery life I
can see it as one's only PC.
--
PeteCresswell

For some, maybe. Desktops are cheaper. Desktops are easy to repair and...
Forum: Dell Computers February 21st 09, 01:25 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 0
Posted By Sheldon
The end of the desktop?

Once they get the horsepower up some with the same battery life I
can see it as one's only PC.
--
PeteCresswell

For some, maybe. Desktops are cheaper. Desktops are easy to repair and...
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire hardware or software problem - touchpad and keyboard

"Steve Rosen" wrote in message
Problem with Aspire 3000 using Windows XP before and after recovery from
Forum: Acer Computers February 21st 09, 12:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Replies: 6
Posted By Sheldon
Acer Aspire One - What's this light for?

On the lower right corner of the palm rest is a small strip with a picture
of an antenna on it. An LED to the right of the strip lights to indicate the
wireless is turned on. What does the LED to...
Forum: General Hardware September 10th 06, 03:45 AM Posted to comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
Bad Sectors in HardDisc

"venu via HWKB.com" u24850@uwe wrote in message news:64bf3baaa3ef0@uwe...
Hi,

How to remove bad sectors in Hard Disc?

--
venu.

Forum: General Hardware September 10th 06, 03:43 AM Posted to comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Sheldon
Hard disk screws just spin?

"M. Åhman" - wrote in message
My laptop's hd crashed. I'm putting a new one in but the screws just spin.
The first set of screws...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22