Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 1.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Forum: General May 22nd 13, 03:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Dell E151FPb Monitor Question

Paul wrote in :

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/162/e151fpb.jpg

Ok. That knob would make me look at the backside, to see whether
there was an...
Forum: General May 22nd 13, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Dell E151FPb Monitor Question

wrote in news:oekmp8trub5nakrl3dk4n43jjv7nrd0kkm@
4ax.com:

On Mon, 20 May 2013 15:51:05 -0500, Grinder
wrote:

On 5/20/2013 8:14 AM,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 13, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Are all SATA cables the same?

TVeblen wrote in
:

On 2/7/2013 10:17 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 03:01:33 +0000, Mike Tomlinson
Forum: General February 1st 13, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Bad screen image. Monitor or video card or what?

micky wrote in
:

On 31 Jan 2013 19:06:02 GMT, Sjouke Burry s@b wrote:

micky wrote in...
Forum: General January 31st 13, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Bad screen image. Monitor or video card or what?

micky wrote in
:

I often have a bad screen image on my CRT monitor (KDS brand) , which
up until now had worked fine for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 13, 05:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Using Macrium Reflect for backing up Windows 8

John Doe wrote in news:kd8197$udi$1@dont-
email.me:

Please ditch Google Groups for a real USENET program.
It makes an abortion out of your posts.

Please STOP...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 13, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Trying to access a SATA drive from a suspect pc

Paul wrote in :

John B. Smith wrote:
My friends wife's pc stopped working. It gave a few beeps, nothing on
the screen. I went over to his...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 1st 12, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
What would kill hard drives?

Davej wrote in news:94d54905-64e2-4d57-a7fc-
:

Had an old WD sata drive go bad some time ago, but I figured the slave
drive was...
Forum: General November 24th 12, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Wireless USB extenders - why do they not seem to exist?

PC Guy wrote in :

For under $25 dollars that is. In dongle form.

For example, say you've got some sort of USB device (camera) that has a
USB...
Forum: General November 7th 12, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Recommendations?

Larry wrote in news:a057c141-5718-4156-
:

I am looking for recommendations for a laptop with a 17" screen....

Any...
Forum: General October 16th 12, 11:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Does CPU voltage matter regardless of core temp?

Doc wrote in
:

If you can keep the CPU cool, does it matter how high the voltage
gets? Is the potential damage...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 11th 12, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
IBM buys Texas Memory Systems to bring on speedy storage

John Doe wrote in
:

Stop spamming UseNet.

Stop re-posting a hundred lines of drivel,please.
Forum: General August 1st 12, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
must pay attention to what when replacing hdd by ssd in laptop?

Massimo wrote in
:

On 01 Aug 2012 16:43:24 GMT, Sjouke Burry s@b wrote:

Massimo ...
Forum: General August 1st 12, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
must pay attention to what when replacing hdd by ssd in laptop?

Massimo wrote in
:

Hello,

I am thinking about replacing the hdd of someone I know by a ssd.

Ik know the ssd...
Forum: General July 28th 12, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Using a hotwired power supply

ShadowTek wrote in
:

I know that you can connect the green wire and a black wire of a power
supply to turn it on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 20th 12, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Leave your PC running 24/7? Leave your DSL modem always on?

edfair wrote in
:

Question from RayLopez:
"Don't the DSL, router, and switch overheat? Do you find that they need
to be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 16th 12, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
question about adding an XP based drive to a windows 7 system

"Chuck" wrote in :

A buddy of mine had a computer crash on him (power supply failure) so
we hooked his older IDE drive up to my windows 7...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 12, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Auto-Detecting Pri Master - Hard Drive

" wrote in news:789e061c-323c-
:

A few weeks ago, my BIOS took about a minute to load, then XP loaded
Forum: General April 27th 12, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
computer brand

wrote in news:c7d66472-d762-4e32-bced-7a65deca3427
@m13g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

hello peoples,
what computer brand is best??

A working one.
Forum: General April 2nd 12, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Paperless faxing - prices dropping?

John McGaw wrote in news:qr1er.116534$xU2.114617@en-
nntp-08.dc1.easynews.com:

On 4/1/2012 1:39 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 22nd 12, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Memory test software needed

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in
:

Gabriel Knight wrote:

Hi all, I am in need for free...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 12, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Sending a fax Windows 7

Des wrote in news:4038d7f3-b66e-4ecd-aba4-
:

Hi I live in the UK and woundered if I could send a fax using my PC.
Years ago (about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 12, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Help! Losing internet when downloading big files from usenet

pub wrote in
:

When I start to download large files, such as video, from the internet
on my home computer, the internet...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 10th 12, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Network printing

Metspitzer wrote in
:

I would like to convert my USB printer to a network printer.
It looks like this one is all Newegg...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 12, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_4_]
Computer won't start

Metspitzer wrote in
:

I have an XP machine that was working fine last night when I shut it
down. It would not start this...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31