Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim[_38_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 25th 19, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_38_]
USB Type-C hubs (Power)

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad A475 and want to buy a Type c usb hub, but i'm
a little unsure how the power side of things come in.

Of course if i want to run say 3 HDD off the hub i suspect (correct me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

On 05/01/2019 08:33, Paul wrote:
Even hard drives soon, by design, won't have "longevity". The
industry seems to be headed towards an "all-Helium" future.
My favorite air-breather is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

On 05/01/2019 17:48, Plasspec wrote:
I was doing what you are talking about until a year ago. Reason I
quit was I went through 3 differnet drives within 4 years. Different
brands and not the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 19, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Advice on BluRay burners and media

Hi everyone, so i have been backing up data/movies to DVD for years and
it's served me well, i know many will say optical drives and media are
dead but i'm in the camp that does not agree. I still...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 17th 16, 03:35 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Safe to format 4TB to NTFS

On 17/10/2016 01:50, VanguardLH wrote:
Jim wrote:

On 16/10/2016 23:42, VanguardLH wrote:
Jim wrote:

I have used EaseUS Partition Master 11.9 to format my WD Green to the
NTFS...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 17th 16, 01:19 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Safe to format 4TB to NTFS

Jim wrote:

I have used EaseUS Partition Master 11.9 to format my WD Green to the
NTFS format, is this safe to do...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 17th 16, 12:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Safe to format 4TB to NTFS

Jim wrote:

I have used EaseUS Partition Master 11.9 to format my WD Green to the
NTFS format, is this safe to do (safe as in drive not breaking down,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 16th 16, 10:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Safe to format 4TB to NTFS

I have used EaseUS Partition Master 11.9 to format my WD Green to the
NTFS format, is this safe to do (safe as in drive not breaking down, and
losing data) or should i format to the GPT format?

Jim
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 8th 14, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Are you thinking of buying Asus gear?

If so try to "talk" to someone in tech/cust support and see how bad it
is, it's a joke sent an email took them 2 days to reply and when they
did they refused to answer my question about their bios...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 4th 14, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Question for Z87 owners

I'm having a complete nightmare trying to build latest rig, I was just
wondering if anyone is running the Z87 Deluxe (or any other Z87 board)
with 16GB of ram, if so can you tell me what RAM your...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 1st 14, 06:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_38_]
GA-Z87X-UD5H & GA-Z87X-UD4H and video outputs

On 22/02/2014 15:21, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
I'm stuck between one of these mainboards right now and apart from 2
LAN's, 2 extra SATA 6 ports there does not seem to be much between...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 22nd 14, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_38_]
GA-Z87X-UD5H & GA-Z87X-UD4H and video outputs

I'm stuck between one of these mainboards right now and apart from 2
LAN's, 2 extra SATA 6 ports there does not seem to be much between them.

However there is one issue i'm unsure off and how it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 14, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 19/02/2014 14:34, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 19/02/2014 03:14, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 15:09, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 14:53, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 13:13,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 14, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 19/02/2014 03:14, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 15:09, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 14:53, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 13:13, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:22, Jim wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 14, 04:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 18/02/2014 15:09, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 14:53, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 13:13, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:22, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 14, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 18/02/2014 14:53, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 13:13, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:22, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 14, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 18/02/2014 13:13, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:22, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:46:28 -0500,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 14, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 18/02/2014 12:22, Jim wrote:
On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:46:28 -0500, wrote:

All I can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 14, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 18/02/2014 12:13, Jim wrote:
On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:46:28 -0500, wrote:

All I can suggest at this point, is to think...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 18th 14, 01:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 17/02/2014 18:23, Flasherly wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:46:28 -0500, wrote:

All I can suggest at this point, is to think carefully about
any changes made...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 14, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 17/02/2014 00:57, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
On 16/02/2014 20:48, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:

Hi guys thanks for your replies so far i'm in a real pickle here.
The drive is a new...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 14, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 16/02/2014 20:48, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:

Hi guys thanks for your replies so far i'm in a real pickle here.
The drive is a new WD3TB Black, however it is only showing up in
recover...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 14, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery

On 16/02/2014 15:29, Paul wrote:
Jim wrote:
Any suggestions for a decent app to recover lost partitions?

There are "two levels of lost".

If the MBR is damaged or overwritten, then the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 16th 14, 01:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Jim[_38_]
Best app for partition recovery?

Any suggestions for a decent app to recover lost partitions?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 14, 01:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt