Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ron
Forum: General November 22nd 14, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron
What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

On 11/21/2014 9:27 AM, philo wrote:
On 11/21/2014 02:46 AM, Anssi Saari wrote:
Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
Forum: General November 21st 14, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron
What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external hard
drives?

I going out of state next week and I'm going to backup a LOT of pictures
and a few docs from my sister's computers...
Forum: General April 6th 14, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By Ron
How Good Is The "Geek Squad"

On 4/4/2014 3:22 PM, Gary Walker wrote:
On Friday, April 4, 2014 8:55:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:57:20 AM UTC-7, Gary Walker wrote:

On...
Forum: General December 26th 13, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron
HP Laptop Connection Problem

Thanks Paul and Ken.

To make a long story short, I couldn't get the HP wireless or the
Netgear adapter to work.

A girl from Uverse came to the house and got the Netgear adapter to
work. She told...
Forum: General December 14th 13, 06:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Ron
HP Laptop Connection Problem

So I don't have to type everything again please read this thread first.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.comp.hardware/ron$20uverse/alt.comp.hardware/p49BXitkGjI/O3XoDxzlQ1oJ

or...
Forum: General October 9th 13, 08:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Ron
Western Digital Hard Drive

On 10/8/2013 8:22 PM, Johnny wrote:
On 10/8/2013 7:12 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Johnny wrote:

On 10/8/2013 3:50 PM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:36:55 -0400, Johnny...
Forum: General October 5th 13, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Ron
Multiboot XP and W7?

On 10/5/2013 7:54 AM, philo wrote:
On 10/04/2013 03:43 AM, wrote:

snip

My problem is that the W7 drive keeps hanging up when I use it. Now
maybe the problem is my...
Forum: General October 4th 13, 02:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Ron
Multiboot XP and W7?

On 10/3/2013 2:02 PM, wrote:
I wanted to create a system with two drives, one XP SP3 and the other
W7, selecting the drive I want using the BIOS boot drive menu. Should
I be able to do...
Forum: General February 15th 13, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Printer Question

On Feb 14, 7:05*pm, 123Jim wrote:
On 14/02/2013 17:27, Ron wrote:

When I print something with my printer the printer powers on when I
click on...
Forum: General February 14th 13, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Printer Question

On Feb 14, 12:11*pm, Grinder wrote:
On 2/14/2013 10:55 AM, Ron wrote:

Forum: General February 14th 13, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Printer Question

On Feb 14, 1:47*am, Grinder wrote:
On 2/13/2013 11:00 PM, Ron wrote:

A friend on mine has a Dell desktop computer (I think it's a Dimension
2400). She had been...
Forum: General February 14th 13, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Printer Question

On Feb 14, 12:00*am, Ron wrote:
A friend on mine has a Dell desktop computer (I think it's a Dimension
2400). She had been using a Dell printer on the same computer for
Forum: General February 14th 13, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Printer Question

A friend on mine has a Dell desktop computer (I think it's a Dimension
2400). She had been using a Dell printer on the same computer for
years w/o a problem. She called me last week to come take a...
Forum: General November 10th 12, 02:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron
Opinions On This Custom Built Desktop

On Nov 8, 6:05*pm, Paul wrote:
Ron wrote:
Looking to buy this desktop for $300.00 (parts alone are around 375.00
through Newegg) and wondering if it's a good buy. The...
Forum: General November 8th 12, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron
Opinions On This Custom Built Desktop

Looking to buy this desktop for $300.00 (parts alone are around 375.00
through Newegg) and wondering if it's a good buy. The seller is
including the Microsoft OS disc, the drivers for the...
Forum: General July 25th 12, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
Laptop Question

Ken presented the following explanation :
Ken wrote:
Ron wrote:
Ken used his keyboard to write :
Ron wrote:
My sister has a HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr with Vista.

She has...
Forum: General July 25th 12, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
Laptop Question

Ron wrote:
My sister has a HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr with Vista.

She has Uverse and had to have a new modem/router installed (they are one
in the same)....
Forum: General July 25th 12, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
Laptop Question

on 7/25/2012, Ron supposed :
My sister has a HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr with Vista.

She has Uverse and had to have a new modem/router installed (they are one in
the same). After that, no...
Forum: General July 25th 12, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
Laptop Question

on 7/25/2012, Paul supposed :
Ron wrote:
My sister has a HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr with Vista.

She has Uverse and had to have a new modem/router installed (they are one
in the same)....
Forum: General July 25th 12, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Ron
Laptop Question

My sister has a HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr with Vista.

She has Uverse and had to have a new modem/router installed (they are one in the same). After that, no wireless connection. Installer came back...
Forum: General October 31st 11, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron
Cheap Web Cam?

On Oct 29, 12:45*am, Grinder wrote:
On 10/28/2011 11:28 PM, Ron wrote:

Looking for a cheap web cam that I can use for Skype on my desk top.

Here is the tricky...
Forum: General October 29th 11, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron
Cheap Web Cam?

Looking for a cheap web cam that I can use for Skype on my desk top.

Here is the tricky part, the wire(s) need to be at least 5 ft long.
Forum: General September 2nd 11, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Laptop Recommendation?

Thanks for all of your help Paul.

We ended up buying the Toshiba today.

The Asus and Toshiba were the same price, and for what she wants to
use the computer for the performance was perry much...
Forum: General August 29th 11, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Laptop Recommendation?

On Aug 28, 2:54*am, Paul wrote:
Ron wrote:
Trying to find a laptop for my girlfriend that is $500 or below with
at least a 15.6" screen.

Pretty much for home use...
Forum: General August 28th 11, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Ron
Laptop Recommendation?

Trying to find a laptop for my girlfriend that is $500 or below with
at least a 15.6" screen.

Pretty much for home use only. Maybe 3-4 hours a day usage.

This will only be used for surfing the web,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64