Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Moojit
Forum: Storage & Hardrives October 7th 07, 12:27 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Moojit
IOPS calculation for SAN Design

DataMover for Linux and Windows will provide this data for you. The
application performs an automated performance test across 14 different
tranfer sizes and records throughput and IOPS for each...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 20th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Moojit
Thecus 5200

"Will" wrote in message
For a few disconnected systems (not on regular network) I decided to buy a
few Thecus...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 19th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Moojit
IOPS from RAID units

wrote in message
Literature from storage suppliers show performance claims of over 1000
random IOPS.
If they...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 18th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Moojit
Need help setting SAN boot to CLARiiON from Emulex LP9002

wrote in message
I pretty much followed the instructions from EMC/Emulex documentation:
1) updated to boot BIOS
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 13th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Moojit
Drive Testing Bootable CD?

Your HBA's BIOS may have a built-in diagnostic. Qlogic's BIOS for example
has this functionality/feature set.

Moojit

"Will" wrote in message...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives July 5th 07, 12:16 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Moojit
Calculating fibre overhead???

"ChrisW" wrote in message
Hey yeah thanks! That makes a lot of sense. Question: does the SCSI
data go right...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 24th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Moojit
setting MSA1000 and ACU

"sallaboy" wrote in message
Hi,

I connected my server to MSA1000 via a FC (emulex) and installed ACU.
when I...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives June 23rd 07, 10:49 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Moojit
Calculating fibre overhead???

"ChrisW" wrote in message
Hello

So we've heard that a 2 gbps fibre can actually push about 100
megabytes a...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 2nd 07, 12:35 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Moojit
Permormance comparison between iSCSI or CIFS

"Raju Mahala" wrote in message
One of the windows application needs storage for its own database
storage which...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 19th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Moojit
Troubleshooting SANs

wrote in message
I work for a consulting firm, and have begun to do troubleshooting on
small SANs, mostly HP...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 18th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Moojit
Physically moving array from one MSA1500 to another.

yes. you can move the hard drives from one MSA to another and the LUNs will
appear on the new MSA. This is do to Compaq's DTS technology (DAS to SAN).
The metadata stored on the drives makes this...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 18th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Moojit
WWNs of HBAs

for windows, Qlogic and Emulex provide host applications that will display
this info. SCSI Utility For Windows will display this information for both
vendors w/out the need for separate...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 16th 07, 02:14 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Moojit
How to configure QLogic HBA for Persistent Binding on HP-UX

"braj" wrote in message
Hi,
I am a newbie into Storage.
I have to setup Persistent Binding. I have a...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 3rd 07, 10:26 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Moojit
nav vs san

Please remember most NAS devices have SAN's on their backend running fibre
channel. If you want an appliance that serves up filesystems, then the NAS
is the way to go. If performance and block...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives February 3rd 07, 07:18 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.networking,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Moojit
Fine Tuning Linux for backup/production coexistence.

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi,

I am running a CentOS 4 box with 4 terabytes of data on it. It houses
Forum: Storage & Hardrives January 25th 07, 01:36 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Moojit
NDMP backups I/O bottleneck?

if your server is running windows, try using datamover to determine how well
the server to storage interface performs. You'll need a demo license to use
the advanced dialog features which is...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives January 12th 07, 03:25 AM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By Moojit
iSCSI target protocol stack

The easiest solution I've come across so far is Microsoft's iSCSI Initiator
which you can download from MS. This will allow you to run iSCSI on any NIC
in your system. You can also use iSCSI...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17