Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 6th 17, 03:53 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Who/what is abusing my fileserver

Usually our TrueNAS fileservers (Really just FreeBSD with a GUI) perform well with

iostat -x

showing hundreds of megabytes/second read or written with the %b (%busy or %Utilization) at only several...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 21st 07, 02:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
SATA Controller + SATA Drive

nick_nw wrote:
Hi,

I'm finally about to upgrade my rather slow WD 40GB HD (5200 RPM). My
PC will take an ATA (UDMA/100) drive, my question is whether it's worth
buying a PCI SATA...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 12th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
USB drive

I bought a USB thumb drive (Verbatim) with a "privacy zone", thinking
it would provide some modest protection for confidential data if the
device was lost. However, it seems to require an executable...
Forum: Webcams January 5th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam,comp.mail.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
SMTP "999" errors with Panasonic network camera

Jack wrote:
I have a Panasonic BL-C20A wireless network camera running through a
cheap (yet apparently fine) Airlink AR325W router. An Airlink AIC250W
wireless network camera is also in my home...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 8th 06, 01:57 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
format hard drive - pc turns off

Art Weingardner wrote:
i'm having a problem, when i try to format a hard drive the computer
turns off. the motherboard is a gigabyte ga-5aa using an atx pwr
supply. any ideas?

Is it possible...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 9th 06, 01:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Why not backup files in original format?

02befree wrote:
Looking at several file backup programs and they all seem to want to backup
a session into some big file with a strange file extension like a cab file.
Nero backup, Microsoft...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 23rd 06, 12:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Are 2,5" Serial-ATA (SATA) hard discs downwards compatible with (simple) IDE/ATA ?

Oliver Boswell wrote:
Assume I have a notebook resp. an external hard disc device with (possibly) an 2,5" IDE/ATA only hard disc
inside. Can I replace this old IDE/ATA hard disc with a new 2,5"...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 22nd 06, 09:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Can't PXE boot with IDE card installed

wrote:
I am trying to build a jbod from existing MB and drives, but I want it
to PXE boot. I find that if I install just about any PCI IDE or SATA
disk controller card, the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 21st 06, 04:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Can't PXE boot with IDE card installed

I am trying to build a jbod from existing MB and drives, but I want it
to PXE boot. I find that if I install just about any PCI IDE or SATA
disk controller card, the system will not PXE boot. I have...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9