Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon Danniken[_4_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 18th 12, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
How can I put something in the slow part of a HDD?

VanguardLH wrote:

If any exist, delete all partitions. Create the OS partition. The
first partition gets allocated at the start (outside) of the hard
disk. Create the 2nd partition using...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 18th 12, 03:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
How can I put something in the slow part of a HDD?

Hello! I bought a 1TB hard drive, and will be reinstalling Windows and such
into it. My current HDD is 500GB, of which I am using 350GB.

My normal course of action is to transfer the contents of...
Forum: General March 15th 12, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Is a HDD still functional after using Secure Erase?

Paul wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it. One other thing I think I read about
is that SE also removes sectors marked as bad, but now I can't find
the page (of...
Forum: General March 15th 12, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Is a HDD still functional after using Secure Erase?

Paul wrote:
I Secure Erased a drive, and am still using it.

Be aware, that at least one computer design out there, cannot
tolerate an "all zeros" drive. I have a computer here, that
stalls...
Forum: General March 15th 12, 05:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Is a HDD still functional after using Secure Erase?

Hi guys, this is kind of a weird question, but I am purchasing a used hard
drive and plan on using Secure Erase
(http://cmrr.ucsd.edu/people/Hughes/SecureErase.shtml) on it before I format
it and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 12, 09:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Why all big PC tech Magazine Publish in England?

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:52:32 -0800 (PST), Red Cloud
put finger to keyboard and composed:

all colors filled PC tech magazine published and printed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 8th 12, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Radeon 9200 SE Driver Help

Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi, Im looking for a Radeon 9200SE driver for Win 98 SE, Ive used
google though I can only find the ones that download a 300kb or near file
then download and install...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 7th 11, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
new video card, or new pc?

ToolPackinMama wrote:
On 12/7/2011 11:52 AM, Trevor Smithson wrote:
I'm looking at getting back into pc gaming and would like some
advice from those who've kept up. Have a system with an AMD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 11, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 45
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Price of HDD

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

If you are watchful,you can still occasionally find a good deal. Best
Buy had 1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM drives on sale a couple of weekends ago.
I think the price was...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 15th 11, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Wordpad double spacing problem

wrote:
Sometimes Wordpad will single space the lines in text, then all of a
sudden it will switch to what appears to be double spacing every
line. Why is that, and is there a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 11, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Pixel aspect ratio of monitors & TV's (are they square?)

PC Guy wrote:

It'd be nice if they posted the damn hight and width of the screen for
these TV's - and computer monitors as well. Why don't they?

Annoying, isnt' it? This will give you an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 11, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Keyboard utilities for Sony VAIO PCG-TR2

Man-wai Chang wrote:

Challenge: Find the same utility from Sony's websites!!

It seems that Sony moved all files of out-dated VAIO models to a
secret place. :)

Try finding AMD support for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 11, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Is it cpus or cpues ?! ;)

Tom Kupp wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

Just wondering if all this heat/warm weather outside is from all
these cpus

It probably is!
Forum: General September 22nd 11, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Video card upgrade to improve streaming video?

DFBonnett wrote:
I have an older frankenputer with an AGP 8x slot and regular PCI
slots. Currently am using 32 meg Matrox G450 (AGP 4X?). Video does
not stream well (choppy) and I am wondering...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 15th 11, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
OT Best Thermal Paste to Use Help

Grinder wrote:
On 9/15/2011 8:52 AM, Gabriel Knight wrote:
This is a bit off topic though I cant find help for this anywhere
else in forums and such and knew this is sort of within this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 5th 11, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Automatically close DVD drawer at boot up.

Metspitzer wrote:

Anyone else wish the DVD had power to open the drawer before booting
the machine?

Well.........it wouldn't need constant power. You could have a spring
loaded drawer,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 1st 11, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Google Groups Advanced Search doesn't work?

Paul wrote:
John Doe wrote:
https://groups.google.com/a/acu.edu/advanced_search?
(looks the same, maybe dysfunctional)

https://groups.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en&q=&hl=en&

and...
Forum: General July 27th 11, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
inkjet photo paper in a laser

GT wrote:
My inkjet has broken, I have just
bought a colour laser to replace it and I have a stack of glossy
inkjet paper sitting around. Simple as that.

I've run glossy inkjet paper in my HP...
Forum: General July 9th 11, 01:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
UDMA CRC error count

larry moe 'n curly wrote:

If you're buying used drives locally, try to test them with MHDD (self
boots from CD or USB stick) because when indicates what sectors are
marginal and require...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 13th 11, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Hunched over the Computer

Davej wrote:
I am thinking of using some sort of hanging external monitor with my
laptop so that I can hunch a bit less. What ideas have been proposed
as the ideal setup for proper posture for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 9th 11, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.computer,alt.computer.workshop,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
where to get WordPad for Windows 98?

t@t@. wrote:
I'm trying to find WordPad for Windows 98. Is it version 3.0? I tried
at the Microsoft site and couldn't find anything, and haven't been
able to find it anywhere else either. Can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 11, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
curious if people are satisfied with their old machines?

Sjouke Burry wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
Its a DVD ROM.
Reading the disk works oke.
Windows media player cannot play a dvd movie.
(some driver?/codec?...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 11, 01:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Its a DVD ROM.
Reading the disk works oke.
Windows media player cannot play a dvd movie.
(some driver?/codec? missing)
Ripping the dvd to disk will let "media player...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 11, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
curious if people are satisfied with their old machines?

Trevor Smithson wrote:
The computer I'm writing this on is now over four years old. It's
been upgraded some, like most every computer I've owned, but its
far and away the most satisfied I've...
Forum: General May 20th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Jon Danniken[_4_]
Monitor suggestions, replacing an old 4:3 Acer 17'' with 16:10 or not ?

Nobody wrote:
Mine (ASUS VH222) is 16:9 @ 1920x1024. This is my first "widescreen",
and it definitely took some getting used to, but now I wouldn't change
back to anything less.

The extra...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70