Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony[_2_]
Forum: Printers August 27th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Tony[_2_]
laser printer drum within toner cartridge?

1jam wrote:
Hi,

I have a Brother HL1440 laser printer. I shipped it cross country and it got
a big banged up. Now every page I print has a small little blot pattern, it...
Forum: Printers June 27th 10, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Black spots on Brother 4070CDW prints

John Pilger wrote:
I've had a Brother 4070CDW color laser for several years. So far I've
loved the output, both color and B&W. Last week it started scattering
black specks...
Forum: Printers June 13th 10, 09:55 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP Color Laser Jet 1600

HannaK wrote:
TONY you are a STAR!!!!
My son fixed it according your papers.
It works better then a new one!!!
I really thank you again for your help
and wish you all...
Forum: Printers June 9th 10, 06:49 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP Color Laser Jet 1600

HannaK wrote:
Thanks Tony so much for your replay!
This mail is ok. I believe that this is the
problem but it started with a new cartridge.
Anyway- I will be glad to...
Forum: Printers June 2nd 10, 08:04 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 16
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP Color Laser Jet 1600

HannaK wrote:
Anybody? Any suggestion?
Hanna
This is not a cartridge problem since one of your cartridges works OK in
another printer.
There is an issue with this printer...
Forum: Printers May 22nd 10, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.computer,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Canon MP630 fast print greyscale as default?

"Robinb" wrote:
Hello

I have a MP630 canon printer. I want to set the printing default properties
for "fast" and "greyscale". Does anyone know how I do that?

At...
Forum: Printers April 23rd 10, 10:31 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP LaserJet 3015

"John Hobbs" wrote:
Strange problem The unit receives faxes and prints them out
fine.
Sending faxes is the problem The fax is printed at the receiving end
with the right...
Forum: Printers December 26th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Information wanted: Oki color LED printers

"Ato_Zee" wrote:
On 26-Dec-2009, Richard Steinfeld
wrote:

PS: For them who don't know, LED printers are identical to laser
Forum: Printers December 15th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Head cleaning

BF wrote:
Why don't the printer manufacturers let you clean the particular head
that is clogged instead of having to do a cleaning cycle on all of the
heads, which uses ink...
Forum: Printers November 13th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP 820cxi

nick wrote:
Just repaired one of these.

Before connecting it to the computer I tried the self test i.e.

1. Turn the printer on.
2. Press and hold the POWER button.
3. Press...
Forum: Printers November 13th 09, 03:42 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Brother HL-2040 black spot

E Z Peaces wrote:
Tony wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:

The page count was 828. I've had the printer about 1300 days. No
expense except fairly cheap...
Forum: Printers November 12th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Brother HL-2040 black spot

E Z Peaces wrote:
Arthur Entlich wrote:
DO NOT use that cleaner, it will probably dissolve or damage the surface
of the drum.

Test using either a bit of water or...
Forum: Printers November 11th 09, 11:28 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Brother HL-2040 black spot

E Z Peaces wrote:
Tony wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:
Tony wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:
I have a Brother HL-2040 laser...
Forum: Printers November 11th 09, 04:28 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Brother HL-2040 black spot

E Z Peaces wrote:
Tony wrote:
E Z Peaces wrote:
I have a Brother HL-2040 laser printer. It has begun printing a black
spot at the center of...
Forum: Printers November 10th 09, 11:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 22
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Brother HL-2040 black spot

E Z Peaces wrote:
I have a Brother HL-2040 laser printer. It has begun printing a black
spot at the center of the page every 75mm, starting 70mm from the top.

Before...
Forum: Printers October 6th 09, 12:36 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Black banding on Laserjet 1300

Tony wrote:
DManzaluni wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:43*pm, Tony wrote:
DManzaluni ...
Forum: Printers October 6th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Black banding on Laserjet 1300

DManzaluni wrote:
On Oct 5, 2:43*pm, Tony wrote:
DManzaluni wrote:
I just got in a laserjet 1300 which...
Forum: Printers October 5th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Black banding on Laserjet 1300

DManzaluni wrote:
I just got in a laserjet 1300 which seems a whole lot newer than my
laserjet 6L? But pressing test print (and of course printing anything
from the...
Forum: Printers October 3rd 09, 02:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP Laserjet 5L

Author wrote:
I have a Laserjet 5L which up until now has given reliable service.
I have the parallel port cable disconnected and am using the
front panel button to print a test...
Forum: Printers September 20th 09, 07:58 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Stopping Brother 1440 Printer from Spewing Garbage

Al wrote:
On Sep 19, 9:18 am, "Don Phillipson" wrote:
"W. eWatson" wrote in message

Forum: Printers September 7th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Decent replacement HP toner refill?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:
Tony wrote:

I believe that the cartridge will need a new chip, you may wish to enquire of
the...
Forum: Printers September 7th 09, 01:45 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony[_2_]
Decent replacement HP toner refill?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:
wrote:

Mostly a cup shaped tip in a cheap soldering iron with stand. It melts
a hole the proper size for the...
Forum: Printers July 10th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP LaserJet 5 - "51 Printer Error, Cycle Power" message after paper jam - please help

Ben Myers wrote:
Adam wrote:
"Adam" wrote in message
"Tony" ...
Forum: Printers July 10th 09, 01:18 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By Tony[_2_]
HP LaserJet 5 - "51 Printer Error, Cycle Power" message after paper jam - please help

"Adam" wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Adam wrote:
"Ben Myers" wrote...
Forum: Printers July 2nd 09, 12:59 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony[_2_]
How to install a second copy of printer driver

Joel wrote:
"Dave C." wrote:

I have an HP Deskjet 6980 printer that works very well. I have a
certain set of default preferences for routine printing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500