Showing results 1 to 25 of 336
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: HDRDTD
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By HDRDTD
1.5Tb drive in XPS 430?

The 1.5 will work just fine.

wrote in message
Recently bought an XPS 430 with 1Tb single drive...
Forum: Dell Computers March 14th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By HDRDTD
Dim 8300 - Replace Video Card

Yes there IS a catch that you must release. It should be a small 'lever' at
what you call the back of the card's AGP motherboard connector.

If you get a flashlight, and look , you should see a...
Forum: Dell Computers March 7th 09, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 126
Posted By HDRDTD
Dell is Sending Me a New Computer Comparible to What I Have Now

Tom, just think. 6 hatd drives. Stuff that sucker with 6 of WD's new 2TB
drives. That should hold at least a weeks worth of your TV captures......

"Tom Scales" wrote in...
Forum: Dell Computers March 7th 09, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 126
Posted By HDRDTD
Update...

Monica, a little digging and I found this link for XP drivers for the 420.
Take a look and see if this might help.
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19242664.aspx

As far as the sound goes on...
Forum: Dell Computers July 3rd 08, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 22
Posted By HDRDTD
Dell Inspiron keyboard.

My Inspiron 6400 has a button that he 'might' be describing. On the 6400, to
the right of the F12 is a 'delete' button, but to the right of that is the
'end' button which also has a secondary...
Forum: Dell Computers June 11th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By HDRDTD
You can purchase Windows Vista® today but keep using Windows® XP until you’re ready to upgrade.

Note, the official downgrade is only available for Vista Business or Vista
Ultimate.

"Tony Harding" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers April 24th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Dell's Online Documentation and Quality Issues

"Reporter" wrote in message
Well ok maybe I am wrong. Where is the page with the instructions to
Forum: Dell Computers April 21st 08, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By HDRDTD
Inspiron 6400 hard drive size

I have one in my 6400 and it works just fine. (WD2500BEVS)

And yes, the 6400 is SATA.

"Trevor" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers April 18th 08, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By HDRDTD
Can't recover from Dell CD

Also sounds like it might be a HD Controller driver issue (Raid, or SATA,
etc) , as in needing the driver and loading it using F6 during the XP
install, even though you wouldn't think it'd be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 17th 08, 08:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By HDRDTD
Alienware does not support their systems to the level of providing specific manuals for the motherboard, audio and video solutions they provide.

Did Alienware by any chance include CD's for each of the major items?
This would be more typical than including the actual manuals since...

CD's take up less space
CD's can be put in a simple CD...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By HDRDTD
Results - 400MHz FSB Celeron in Dimension 8300

As long as CPU-Z identified it correctly.

ISTR that some time ago (and maybe still today), there were counterfit chips
being sold, that someone in japan was taking CPU's, then remarking the...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By HDRDTD
Allowable FSB Speeds for Dimension 8300

I don't know what kind of new Dell you'd be looking at if any to replace
your 8300, but FWIW, On Dell outlet site right now, they had a Dimension
E520 for only $319

Pentium-D 2.8
Vista Home Basic...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Vostro 200 vs Optiplex 330

I would assume so, but I don't know for sure. The sound bar plugs into the
same green speaker jack as any normal set of external speakers.

Obviously the sound bar speakers are going to be fairly...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Vostro 200 vs Optiplex 330

I have no idea myself, I've never tried using the internal speaker.

wrote in message
"Christopher Muto" ...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Vostro 200 vs Optiplex 330

Yes, the 330 mini-tower

wrote in message
"HDRDTD" wrote:

As long as the prices on the Opti's hang in...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 08, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Vostro 200 vs Optiplex 330

Thanks for the reply.

Over the years I've come to expect better quality from an Optiplex in
general, but I wasn't sure of the lower end Optiplexs.

You make good points regaring the longer product...
Forum: Dell Computers March 12th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By HDRDTD
Vostro 200 vs Optiplex 330

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers February 6th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By HDRDTD
XPS 420 case design" Not sure abt it. Comments?

Yep.

wrote in message
Pen wrote:

Go over to the small business site the Vostro 400 seems to be...
Forum: Dell Computers January 16th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By HDRDTD
Win XP for XPS 420

Visit the Dell forums on their web site, and look in the XPS Desktop forum.

Right at the top is a message/faq that covers installing XP on a 420.

Right now AFAIK the only Dell's you can get with XP...
Forum: Dell Computers December 10th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By HDRDTD
Dell's 1 Year 10GB Online DataSafe Storage

I have a XPS 420 on its way, and on my system configuration it shows.....

1 420-7091 DataSafe Online Dim/Ins/XPS $0.00
1 420-7285 Datasafe Online 10GB,1 Year Free $0.00
1 987-7449...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 27th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By HDRDTD
freeware lan control software

Among others,

RealVNC
http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/index.html

"scully" wrote in message
have a home network of...
Forum: Dell Computers November 8th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By HDRDTD
DIM 9200 with Vista support SATA drives?

Your second drive could be either a SATA I or a SATA II drive.

right now I think the sweet spot is a 500gig drive for $90-$130 or so,
750gig are usually around $230 or so, 1T's are a bit more,...
Forum: Dell Computers November 8th 07, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By HDRDTD
DIM 9200 with Vista support SATA drives?

Actually I'll bet your 9200 supports ONLY SATA drives internally, even the
optical drives. The motherboard doesn't even have an old-fashioned IDE
connector.

The 9200 should be the same system as...
Forum: Dell Computers November 8th 07, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By HDRDTD
Textjumping while typing on e1405 keyboard

I think you may find that the touch pad doesn't actually respond to the
pressure of your fingers, but rather it probably responds to the small
electric charge usually found on your fingers, or it...
Forum: Dell Computers October 30th 07, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By HDRDTD
Scratch & Dent

Remember, the systems in the Outlet store can fall into 4 different
catagories,

Certified Refurbished
Previously Ordered New
Scratch & Dent
Off-Lease.

When looking through the list of available...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 336