Showing results 1 to 25 of 77
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 13, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim
PCI Sata card needed help

On 10/02/2013 22:21, Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi all, my friend bought a raid card with 6 sata ports on it but when we
found out it isnt compatable with his mobo and his win 7 (but it is
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 4th 12, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

On 03/12/2012 21:15, SC Tom wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 12, 09:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

Hi Don thx for the reply, to be honest it's not for the PC, it's to go
around the TV somewhere to be plugged into a media player.

Jim

On 03/12/2012 18:30, Don Phillipson wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 3rd 12, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Ext HDD enclosure with a power switch on the front

I'm after an external hard drive enclosure (would prefer it in Black)
that has a power switch on the front rather then having to reach round
the back all the time, I'm looking at some "RaidSonic"...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 24th 11, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim
Can't get tv out to work

"KCB" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards July 22nd 11, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim
Can't get tv out to work

"Jim" wrote in message
I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 22nd 11, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim
Can't get tv out to work

I have a hd4350 and I can't get TV out to work using 11.6 drivers and 11.6
CCC in win7x64.
It's a bit of an odd set up to be honest video card has old SVHS socket that
runs the cable into the VCR...
Forum: Cdr July 5th 11, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim
Best way to clean retail audio CD

I have a few retail audio CD's and when played on hi-fi they skip a little
bit, I was wondering what would be a good way to repair this issue, I have
heard of all the old stuff like toothpaste but...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 22nd 11, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim
P5E3 Premium taking controller cards in x16 slot

I know the card will fit physically but will the motherboard run it
according to Adaptec website there could be an issue, does anyone know for
sure if these slots take such a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 31st 11, 11:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim
Samsung 4k drives and there software for them

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

I've just bought a couple of these F4 2TB drives (the 4k [AF] ones),
now given I'm...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 30th 11, 12:45 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 40
Posted By Jim
Samsung 4k drives and there software for them

I've just bought a couple of these F4 2TB drives (the 4k [AF] ones), now
given I'm still running XP I had to use there "Acronics Align Tool" so I
downloaded it, installed it and ran it and it done...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 23rd 11, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
ATI Control Panel (Not C.C.C.)

"Ant" wrote in message
On 3/21/2011 3:32 PM PT, Jim typed:

I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 22nd 11, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim
Passive cooling, what card

"Paul" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
I'm loosing the will to live given this new bit of sh1t ATI/AMD (4350)
have given me,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 22nd 11, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim
Passive cooling, what card

I'm loosing the will to live given this new bit of sh1t ATI/AMD (4350) have
given me, so I'm looking to move to nvidia, all I need is the following, min
512mb passive cooling, tv out (S-VHS, not...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 21st 11, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
ATI Control Panel (Not C.C.C.)

"Markus" wrote in message
"Jim" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Forum: Ati Videocards March 21st 11, 12:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
ATI Control Panel (Not C.C.C.)

I have upgrade from my old 9600 Pro to a newer XFX Radeon HD4350 but i hate
the Catalyst Control Panel, does anyone know the last version of "ATI
Control Panel" right now i'm using xp pro sp3 32bit...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 7th 11, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim
X58 and UEFI bios's

Can anyone shed any light on what the score is with Asus X58 chipset boards
and if they come with UEFI bios (not worried about GUI, just booting from
drives larger then 2.2TB) or is this just for...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards March 7th 11, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim
X58 and UEFI bios's

Can anyone shed any light on what the score is with Gigabyte X58 chipset
boards and if they come with UEFI bios (not worried about GUI, just booting
from drives larger then 2.2TB) or is this just...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 18th 11, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Help me choose S775 board please

"Jim" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking February 17th 11, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim
E8600 (anything to look out for)

"Jim" wrote in message
E8600 only comes in the E0 stepping so you're all set.
OK no worries thanks Jim

Jim
Forum: Overclocking February 16th 11, 09:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim
E8600 (anything to look out for)

I'm about to buy a E8600 and was wondering if there were certain model to
look out for, I'm far from an expert on this one but there is stepping and
sometimes things like SLB9L, do these series...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 11, 12:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Help me choose S775 board please

"Paul" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

Hi Paul and thanks for the quick reply, I'm in the UK and we have a few
that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 11th 11, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Help me choose S775 board please

"Paul" wrote in message

I think your main problem, is going to be, finding one for sale.

If I look at Newegg, there are...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 11th 11, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim
Help me choose S775 board please

I'm looking for an upgrade to my ageing P4 system I know S775 is old as well
but for me it's an upgrade, mind you pen and paper would be an upgrade as
well..

All I need from board is half decent...
Forum: Cdr September 28th 10, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim
TDK 8cm DVD-RW x4 speed, where in UK