Showing results 1 to 25 of 146
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daniel Prince
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 23rd 13, 09:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel Prince
Trick to installing a PATA 3.5 inch HD into a drive caddy?

Ghostrider01 " 00 wrote:

The IDE interface slot of the dock looks pretty standard to me. But
there are 2 things to check:

1. On the hard drive, are any of the 40 pins or the 4 pins in
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 23rd 13, 05:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel Prince
Trick to installing a PATA 3.5 inch HD into a drive caddy?

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

As for your difficulty in inserting a 3.5" IDE drive into your docking
station, I notice the description on the linked page...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 23rd 13, 05:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel Prince
Trick to installing a PATA 3.5 inch HD into a drive caddy?

Ghostrider01 " 00 wrote:

On 7/22/2013 4:00 PM, Daniel Prince wrote:
Looking at the picture, the 3.5-inch PATA drive should insert
into the 3.5-inch IDE slot without requiring any...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 23rd 13, 12:00 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel Prince
Trick to installing a PATA 3.5 inch HD into a drive caddy?

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

"Daniel Prince" wrote
I have a drive caddy with one SATA bay and one bay for either a 2.5
inch IDE drive or a 3.5 inch IDE drive. I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 22nd 13, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel Prince
Trick to installing a PATA 3.5 inch HD into a drive caddy?

I have a drive caddy with one SATA bay and one bay for either a 2.5
inch IDE drive or a 3.5 inch IDE drive. I have no problem
installing SATA drives or 2.5 inch IDE drives in it but I just can
not...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 29th 13, 11:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Daniel Prince
New WD 4 TB Black hard drive

miso wrote:

I have a Seagate 4TB drive about two years old.

Did 4TB drives exist two years ago? I was under the impression that
they were more recent than that.

Is there a web...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 27th 13, 02:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Daniel Prince
128 GB usb flash drives

I am planning to buy one of these two 128 GB usb flash drives:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=PMPSF128GXPXUSB&omid=125&ref=pricewatch&tab=descript

$69.95 no tax. One year...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 26th 13, 11:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Daniel Prince
Flash drives

miso wrote:

By flash, I assume you mean SSD of the multilevel flavor.

I did not write my original message very clearly. What I meant was
usb flash drive.
--
When a cat sits in a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 26th 13, 06:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

I want to get one or two new flash drives. I have noticed that 128
GB drives now cost less per GB than 64 GB drives. Do 128 GB flash
drives have any compatibility problems with Windows XP SP3?

I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 25th 13, 05:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Daniel Prince
Bootable SATA Controller Card?

John Turco wrote:

When the WD drive is connected, I can't load Windows anymore.

Can you boot with your Windows CD or DVD when the WD drive is
connected?
--
When a cat sits...
Forum: Printers December 30th 12, 01:37 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

Is there a good reliable laser printer with automatic duplex
printing? By automatic duplex printing, I mean that it will print
on both sides of the paper (page one on the front, page two on the
back...
Forum: Printers December 22nd 12, 10:26 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 43
Posted By Daniel Prince
Printers that do not clog up

Are there any inkjet printers that do not clog up? Would I be
better off getting a laser printer? Do laser printers have problems
with infrequent use? Are they more reliable than inkjet...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 5th 12, 05:29 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 29
Posted By Daniel Prince
SSD-HDD Question

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:

I assume that there are people out there who have
PCs with motherboards that can accommodate, say, 4GB, and they find
that they need more...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 4th 12, 04:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 29
Posted By Daniel Prince
SSD-HDD Question

David Brown wrote:

Alternatively, you upgrade the system in some way to allow you to put in
more memory.

Maybe the original poster should say how much ram...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 17th 12, 09:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Daniel Prince
Helium-filled WD drives promise huge boost in capacity

Lynn McGuire wrote:

Helium-filled WD drives promise huge boost in
capacity:
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 27th 12, 03:21 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel Prince
Possibly fake Toshiba 64GB flash drives

wrote:

On Friday, August 24, 2012 1:28:21 AM UTC-7, Daniel Prince wrote:

Does Toshiba make any 64GB flash drives?

I think they do. I Googled "Toshiba semi"...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 25th 12, 03:21 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel Prince
Possibly fake Toshiba 64GB flash drives

Arno wrote:

Well, maybe. If it is Gb, it would be legal and correct.

OTOH the different text on front and back point more to
somebody printing stickers for the front side and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 24th 12, 09:28 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Daniel Prince
Possibly fake Toshiba 64GB flash drives

My brother bought what was supposed to be a Toshiba 64GB flash drive
on eBay. He tested it and the true capacity was less than 8GB. The
vendor said, "It seems like we received a faulty shipment...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 20th 12, 01:46 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Daniel Prince
Windows XP and 64GB flash drives

Someone told me that Windows XP will not work with 64GB flash
drives. Is that true? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I...

wrote:

Have you tried hitting the reset button or blipping the reset pins on the motherboard? Sometimes doing that every 10 seconds will eventually make the computer...
Forum: General July 16th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel Prince
New motherboard that does not post

Darklight wrote:

If you are getting no post beeps and no display it is likly a faulty
proccessor?.

how many watts is the PSU?

The first one I tried was a Thermaltake...
Forum: General July 16th 12, 11:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel Prince
New motherboard that does not post

Paul wrote:

If the motherboard is brand new and untouched with regard to
flashing, you can look for a paper sticker on the flash chip,
and see whether it is version 0707 or...
Forum: General July 15th 12, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel Prince
New motherboard that does not post

Paul wrote:

You forgot to connect the ATX12V cable.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#atx12v4

Paul
No. I connected that cable with both...
Forum: General July 15th 12, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel Prince
New motherboard that does not post

I recently bought these items from Newegg:

MB ASUS | M5A88-V EVO 880G RT

CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4100 3.6G 8M R

And this from Crucial Technology:

CT2KIT51272BA1339 8GB Kit (4GBx2), 240-pin DIMM
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 12, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel Prince
CORSAIR Builder Series Power Supply quality

Is the CORSAIR Builder Series Power Supply a good quality power
supply? Thank you in advance for any help.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will...