Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Johann Klammer
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 21st 18, 05:44 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 35
Posted By Johann Klammer
I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

On 05/20/2018 06:14 PM, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Toshiba HDD that shows a variable Spin Retry Count through
SMART, is this possible?, one day it show a BAD state with a very
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 28th 17, 02:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Johann Klammer
“Big hard disks may be breaking the bathtub curve”

On 10/28/2017 01:31 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 10/27/2017 6:20 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
“Big hard disks may be breaking the bathtub curve”

Forum: Storage (alternative) October 3rd 15, 07:43 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 38
Posted By Johann Klammer
Silicon Power 32 GB USB flash drive gets hot and has speed problems?

On 10/03/2015 10:40 AM, Ant wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a good USB flash drive checker that does
more than Mac OS X's Disk Utility verifications and repairs? Maybe
surface scans...
Forum: Printers September 4th 15, 09:04 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 37
Posted By Johann Klammer
printer driver driver

On 08/18/2015 02:06 PM, micky wrote:
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver,
that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what
the output from...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 14, 11:01 AM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By Johann Klammer
Did something on my old Debian/Linux stable box crash and messup my CMOS?

Ant wrote:
... I woke up before 6:15 AM PST and noticed my old box wasn't
responding (e.g., SSH2's text terminal commands not recognizing)
correctly and its BitchX v1.2 client's clock said 2:xx...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 24th 13, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 59
Posted By Johann Klammer
Help my PC is dying of heat exhaustion

Skybuck Flying wrote:
You are not alone.

My DreamPC for 2006 and fixed throughout the years also cannot handle
the heat.

Not even with an Antec 1200 case, somewhat cleaned.

At 27...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 19th 13, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Johann Klammer
Windows 7/Dream PC 2006 suddenly shutsdown during COH1 and COH2beta.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I was just beta testing Company of Heroes 2 Beta, my third game... and
in the midst of the game... suddenly BOOM... computer shuts down !

I have seen the same...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 12:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Johann Klammer
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Pete wrote:
I may have been reading something wrongly but if the grounding is what
you think is causing the buzzing could you not setup the system in the
kitchen to see if it makes a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 11:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Johann Klammer
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignmenton pins.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Well this explains it quite nicely it seems.

I suspect the following happened.

Since the PC is not grounded as so many in this world, the 110 volts which
is on the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Johann Klammer
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignmenton pins.

Pete wrote:
450 mhz.... bin the heap and upgrade.
No! don't. It's great for retro gaming.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Johann Klammer
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
"Johann wrote in message
Skybuck Flying wrote:
I wonder if a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Johann Klammer
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
I wonder if a grounded-pc might have prevented damage... I don't know... PC
is not grounded.

How can that be possible? Isn't there that 3 pin connector at the power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Johann Klammer
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignmenton pins.

Pete wrote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Do M/B USB headers not normally have a blank pin to stop you plugging it
in in the wrong orientation? Or do you mean you plugged it into...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Johann Klammer
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignmenton pins.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Skybuck's Dream PC from 2006 has died again it seems.

Possible causes:

1. Static electricity discharge from either me or the vacuum cleaner.
which model? I suspect...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 12, 11:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Johann Klammer
Computer frooze today.

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

My DreamPC from 2006 with passively cooled graphics card and a new
motherboard and new harddisks as described in other messages through the
years, suddenly...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15