Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 3.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philo [_2_]
Forum: General November 22nd 14, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo [_2_]
What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

On 11/22/2014 11:29 AM, Ron wrote:

If one is doing manual backups the less expensive drive would be
fine...and the price really looks good.

Damn, the price of My Book went down $10.00...
Forum: General November 21st 14, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo [_2_]
What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

On 11/21/2014 02:46 AM, Anssi Saari wrote:
Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
hard drives?

Forum: General October 9th 14, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_2_]
get more mileage out of your laser printer cartridge

On 10/08/2014 06:02 PM, Norm X wrote:
"philo " wrote

I don't use Windows , I use Linux but do have a Windows machine I can try
it on.

I did find that if the printing gets light...
Forum: General October 5th 14, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_2_]
get more mileage out of your laser printer cartridge

On 10/04/2014 11:31 PM, Norm X wrote:

I replaced the first one after two years as it was getting just a little
bit light...but for the most part I'm just printing out crossword...
Forum: General October 4th 14, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_2_]
get more mileage out of your laser printer cartridge

On 10/03/2014 10:07 PM, Norm X wrote:
"philo " wrote

Interesting, I'll have to try that

One other problem I encountered after seven years was a deposit of grease,
Forum: General October 2nd 14, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 09/30/2014 01:37 PM, Norm X wrote:
get more mileage out of your laser printer cartridge

With high ink jet print costs, it makes sense to use it only when needed.
After seven years I'm...
Forum: General July 15th 14, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By philo [_2_]
power supply (observation)

I recently replaced a power supply on a machine I had built for a friend
of mine a while back.

He told me that his monitor had been flickering for several months
before the PSU died and with the...
Forum: General June 20th 14, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo [_2_]
DELL Optiplex 760 Hardware?

On 06/20/2014 03:11 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 12:07:07 -0500, philo wrote:

I have a few sets of them, the shortest ones are 6 3/8"

If...
Forum: General June 19th 14, 06:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo [_2_]
DELL Optiplex 760 Hardware?

On 06/14/2014 06:21 PM, wrote:
I need plastic hard drive rails for Dell Optiplex 760 USFF SATA
hard drives. I have not been able to find any that seem to be right.
I...
Forum: General May 4th 14, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 14
Posted By philo [_2_]
no sound in Dell Inspiron 3847

On 05/04/2014 10:33 AM, t wrote:
On 5/4/2014 5:39 AM, philo wrote:
On 05/04/2014 12:58 AM, t wrote:
The computer is new and came with Windows 8.1.

I re-installed the Realtek audio...
Forum: General May 4th 14, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk

On 05/04/2014 12:58 AM, t wrote:
The computer is new and came with Windows 8.1.

I re-installed the Realtek audio card drivers, but there is no sound.
The CPU connects to the Dell 24 Monitor -...
Forum: General April 20th 14, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo [_2_]
Replacing system drive

On 04/18/2014 12:04 PM, Alek Trishan wrote:
Alek Trishan has written on 4/18/2014 12:56 PM:
I'm looking to replace my system drive (C) in a Windows 7 computer. It's
a 120GB SSD and I'm...
Forum: General April 6th 14, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
Follow up

I ran every test I could think of and nothing unusual came up so I just
left the machine on my bench and would periodically use it. The other
day, while using it, the screen turned all white, then...
Forum: General April 5th 14, 04:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By philo [_2_]
How Good Is The "Geek Squad"

On 04/04/2014 07:17 PM, Gary Walker wrote:

I guess they did have to reconnect a power jack somewhere. But, they replaced
the bad part(s) with new parts. It might even be plug attached. All...
Forum: General April 4th 14, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By philo [_2_]
How Good Is The "Geek Squad"

On 04/04/2014 08:55 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:57:20 AM UTC-7, Gary Walker wrote:
On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:56:11 AM UTC-5, ...
Forum: General April 4th 14, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
Conclusion

On 04/04/2014 08:57 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 04/03/2014 10:26 AM, philo wrote:
NewEgg informed me that they will be issuing a refund.

Had this been cleared up with my first inquiry I...
Forum: General April 3rd 14, 09:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/03/2014 03:49 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:

They substituted the $80 board with my authorization
but still charged me the $117 which was the price of the board I did
*not* get.

It...
Forum: General April 3rd 14, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/03/2014 02:21 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of , philo
said:

After three requests to have a supervisor look at my complaint,...
Forum: General April 3rd 14, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
Conclusion

NewEgg informed me that they will be issuing a refund.

Had this been cleared up with my first inquiry I would have just shrugged.

It took at least seven times for me to get them to issue the...
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By philo [_2_]
Adapter that will allow a USB keyboard to plug into a tablet???

On 04/02/2014 12:42 PM, micky wrote:
One big reason I wouldn't want a tablet is that aiui they have no jack
into which a full sized keyboard can be plugged.

But they do have jacks. Is there...
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By philo [_2_]
How Good Is The "Geek Squad"

On 04/02/2014 12:23 PM, Thip wrote:
"G
I just concluded a great experience involving the use of my local Geek
Squad repair facility. Without all the boring detail, The GS performed
the...
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/01/2014 03:03 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of , "Norm X"
said:

snip

What exactly is the problem here? Or more...
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 11:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/01/2014 09:51 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

snip

Defective parts do happen occasionally, from B&M stores as well as
online. Personally, I would treat that as a separate issue, as it is
Forum: General April 2nd 14, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/01/2014 06:40 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Although this is hardly the worst problem in the world... I will no
longer use NewEgg as my first choice.

What bothered me the most...
Forum: General April 1st 14, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By philo [_2_]
NewEgg not as good

On 04/01/2014 10:48 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/31
[snip]

It is surprising that their inventory system allowed something to be
sold to you that they did not have available; I would expect...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118