Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 1.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Howard Neil
Forum: Printers October 19th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By Howard Neil
Need OCR software-installer from Lexmark x6170 CD

On 19/10/2010 09:51, Lux occulta wrote:
@ there is a simple legal defense with regard to _certain__copyright
infringement, namely "fair use".

Any company that tried to sue someone for...
Forum: Printers August 29th 10, 10:15 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak

On 29/08/2010 02:37, Andy wrote:
Are Kodak printers any good. They seem to have the least expensive
cartridges

Yes, they are very good indeed, certainly giving better quality results
than...
Forum: Printers August 14th 10, 08:28 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak printers

On 13/08/2010 21:30, Bob Headrick wrote:
"Howard Neil" wrote in message

On 07/08/2010 21:18, Richard...
Forum: Printers August 8th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak printers

On 07/08/2010 21:18, Richard Steinfeld wrote:
What's the status of those cheap-ink printers that Kodak introduced not
that long ago?

Status? They are well made and reliable. The ink is cheap (in...
Forum: Printers June 29th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak ESP - any views?

RCC wrote:
I am fed up with Epson, after many years and 3 generations of their
printers. Ink has gone from expensive to ludicrous and they seem to
'lock up' in an empty state very readily...
Forum: Printers December 2nd 08, 12:12 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 30
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak ESP3,5 and 7

Horace Hagen wrote:
Thanks, Howard.
Do you know which computer stores sell them?
Horace

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
Forum: Printers December 1st 08, 11:12 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 30
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak ESP3,5 and 7

Horace Hagen wrote:
Anyone try one of these printers yet?

I have the 5300 and my neighbour has the ESP5. Their specs are very
similar and they are both superb printers.

--
Howard Neil
Forum: Printers July 5th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

geoff smith wrote:
I am considering buying a Kodak ESP5.Is this a wise move?

I recently bought a Kodak 5300 and, as far as I can see, the ESP5 is
virtually the same printer. I did write a...
Forum: Printers June 18th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak 5300

Arthur Entlich wrote:
Sorry to hear your Epson experience ended up in not being able to rescue
the printer.

Although I haven't owned a Kodak printer, I have looked at the product
Forum: Printers June 17th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Neil
Kodak 5300

I have just bought one of these and thought I would let others know what
it is like as I have seen precious little mention of them.

I did have an Epson Stylus Photo R265 that was giving a problem....
Forum: Printers June 8th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 28
Posted By Howard Neil
Is PictBridge a scam?

Frank wrote:

Proly so. But the initial inability to crop any photo was a great
teacher as it nurtured a natural eye to discern and photograph the
golden section or the divine proportion of...
Forum: Printers June 7th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 28
Posted By Howard Neil
Is PictBridge a scam?

Frank wrote:
House Of The White Rose wrote:

"dullpain" wrote in
:

Since most people using this are printing jpegs...
Forum: Printers April 22nd 08, 12:05 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Howard Neil
Ths group is hijacked by SPAM

Al Bundy wrote:
On Apr 21, 3:30 pm, smlunatick wrote:
This once useful newsgroup is now full of SPAM that is is no longer
useful. What can be done to clear out the...
Forum: UK Computer Vendors February 29th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.vendors
Replies: 13
Posted By Howard Neil
Contact details for nightmare problem with Komplett?

John D wrote:
I am in the UK and have bought a hard drive from Komplett (who I am
told are headquartered in Sandefjord, Norway).

I have had problems with a 750GB hard drive Komplett has...
Forum: Printers December 4th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 21
Posted By Howard Neil
Bloody Epson - again

OpaPiloot wrote:
Denis Scadeng wrote:
:
I will never, ever buy Epson again.
:
Run out of brands, because
I will never, ever buy OKI again.
I will never, ever buy Olivetti again.
I...
Forum: Printers September 14th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 67
Posted By Howard Neil
Epson wins litigation - aftermarket carts already in short supply

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
Howard Neil wrote:
Richard Steinfeld wrote:

I agree about Eastman Kodak's tape (Video). Their broadcast
videotape was one of the best I used. I...
Forum: Printers September 14th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

Richard Steinfeld wrote:

I agree about Eastman Kodak's tape (Video). Their broadcast
videotape was one of the best I used. I believe it was made for them
by TDK. I was saddened...
Forum: Printers April 20th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Howard Neil
Epson R265

sonsdad wrote:
Hi

The settings advice was fine. Can you print 'black only' on the 265?

Good question. I've had a look and, at first, could not find such a
selection. However, I eventually...
Forum: Printers April 20th 07, 05:47 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Howard Neil
Epson R265

sonsdad wrote:
Hi Group

A friend of mine as bought an Epson R265 and is struggling to achieve
print quality. I have an Epson R220 and have suggested that the settings
for quality are in...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19