Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Allen K
Forum: Dell Computers January 29th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Allen K
New killer deals from DELL w/Vista

Are there any notebook offers from DELL with Vista?
Forum: Dell Computers January 16th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Allen K
Printed to file

Thanks again, this is not Excel or Word, this is a receipt for an online
payment I made while at work, using IE 6. I will give it a try and see what
happens. ak

"Ghostrider" wrote...
Forum: Dell Computers January 16th 07, 09:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Allen K
Printed to file

Thanks, if I created the file in the office (Xerox printer default), and
want to print it to my HP printer after taking it home, will it still work?

"Ghostrider" wrote in...
Forum: Dell Computers January 16th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Allen K
Printed to file

I printed to file, now the file looks like: xxx.prn on my Dell Dimension.

When I want to print this to printer (paper output) how do I do that? I have
Win 2000 and XP. Thanks......ak
Forum: Dell Computers January 11th 07, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Allen K
CPU on Dimension 3000

Would it be possible to replace the CPU or is it soldered in on these
machines? It has P4 1.86ghz 533 fsb. If the CPU can be replaced any pointers
to compatible ones?Thanks a lot.....ak
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 4th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Allen K
Board that will take pc3200 memory

Which processor will give the best bang for the buck? Any pointers please...

"grizz" wrote in message

"Allen K"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 4th 07, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Allen K
Board that will take pc3200 memory

What is a good board that will take pc3200 memory, what is good place to buy
it along with a processor and a tower? Thanks......
Forum: Dell Computers January 4th 07, 06:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Allen K
Dimension 3000 Memory

Which processor will work on this motherboard?

wrote in message
Sinclair wrote:
I installed new 400mhz...
Forum: Dell Computers January 3rd 07, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Allen K
BIOS upgrade using diskette

No specific reason, except I noticed that a newer BIOS version is available
for this computer (Dimension 4100). What I have is A10, latest is A11.
Thanks.......AK

"Ghostrider" ...
Forum: Dell Computers January 3rd 07, 09:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Allen K
BIOS upgrade using diskette

On an old dimension, I want to upgrage BIOS, Dell's support site tells to
boot with a floppy (software on it), however floppy drive doesn't work, is
there a way around for this? (everything else...
Forum: Dell Computers January 3rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Allen K
DDR memory on Dim 4100

Would it be possible for me to use DDR PC3200 memory in a Dimension 4100 (I
think came with PC133)?
Thank you.....AK
Forum: Dell Computers December 20th 06, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Allen K
Opinion on descent speakers

Hi, I have added an X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card to a 2 yr old Dimension. I
want to add good quality, but not too expensive speaker system to go with
this, I would appreciate any advice about the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 06, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Allen K
Adding 2nd HD to Dim 3000

Hi, I want to add a second HD to a Dimension 3000. Is there a way to
physically attach this to inside the computer close to the original HD? When
I openned the cover I came to realization it hadn't...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13