Showing results 1 to 25 of 137
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sandy58
Forum: General January 29th 08, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By sandy58
laptop won't boot. weird problem.

On Jan 29, 1:17 am, "peter" wrote:
Off your meds again...Valium prescription ran out??
peter

offensive,...
Forum: General January 29th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By sandy58
leaking current

On Jan 29, 10:24 am, whatever wrote:
chesss, your not texting messages here. Full words needed.

Why?? is there a rule that one cannot use cld, shld or wld on the
Forum: General January 28th 08, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By sandy58
laptop won't boot. weird problem.

On Jan 28, 2:33 pm, wrote:
I hope I don't make this long...

My laptop diedf on me a few months ago. It was running nicely and then
it hanged, so I powered it off, and ...
Forum: General January 28th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By sandy58
leaking current

On Jan 28, 2:42 pm, whatever wrote:
Just a technical question..

Due to some problems with my laptop I ended up accidentally doing an
experiment.

I wore my...
Forum: General January 27th 08, 01:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By sandy58
PCI Usb 2.0

On Jan 26, 2:20 pm, "Max" wrote:
Salve...
..vorrei installare sul mio vecchio PC fisso di casa altre 4 porte usb.
Volevo acquistare una scheda Hub usb 2.0 PCI tipo...
Forum: General January 26th 08, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By sandy58
Sound Card and USB headset

On Jan 26, 6:35 am, Mike Walsh wrote:
My sister's sound card suddenly stopped working. Nothing is muted and reinstalling the sound card did not fix the problem. She tried a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 26th 08, 12:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By sandy58
Is my SATA HD dead?

On Jan 25, 9:22 pm, (Dennis) wrote:
Hi All,

Just put together a new system but BIOS does not detect drive. It
knows SOMETHING is installed because it tells me which of...
Forum: General January 25th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By sandy58
BIOS Q

On Jan 25, 7:28 pm, Jethro wrote:
Hi guys,
I've got an MSI 6714 mobo. It boots up with an award BIOS, which has
hardly any options on it, yet the manual says I should...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 24th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By sandy58
Starting next gamebox project

On Jan 24, 6:32 am, johns wrote:
I just bought an Antec 900 case ( on sale for $70 :-).

Anybody got advice on how to quieten this box? It is
loaded with fans, and I...
Forum: General January 24th 08, 03:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By sandy58
Hard drive connectors... ATA-100?

On Jan 24, 12:28 pm, DanSolo wrote:
After a recent HD failure in my laptop (melted by the lousy quality
Advent 7060), I sent away for a USB to IDE connector to see could...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 08, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sandy58
Adding DVD burner

On Jan 22, 2:11 pm, pheasant wrote:
Last build was an Athalon XP Barton 2500 on a Soltek board, so I'm waay
behind the times.

It has an open drive bay, so decided to add...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 21st 08, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By sandy58
Just, ugh

On Jan 21, 5:54 pm, wrote:
So, the cat leapt from my pc case today. While it was on, knocking it
to the floor. I'm hoping it's a simple fix. Since then, it will
initially...
Forum: General January 20th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By sandy58
What are the dimensions of a 5.25" drive bay? How about threeganged together?

On Jan 20, 8:55 am, "Calab" wrote:
What are the dimensions of a 5.25" drive bay? How about three ganged
together?

Not having much luck with Google.

Forum: General January 20th 08, 09:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Jan 20, 8:55 am, "Calab" wrote:
What are the dimensions of a 5.25" drive bay? How about three ganged
together?

Not having much luck with Google.

Forum: General January 20th 08, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By sandy58
What are these called???

On Jan 20, 6:00 am, "Calab" wrote:
I'm interested in something I've seen, but don't know what they're called...

Basically, you mount three SATA hard drives into this frame, and...
Forum: General January 20th 08, 08:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Jan 20, 6:43 am, "Calab" wrote:
"Calab" wrote in message

What are the dimensions of a 5.25" drive bay? How about...
Forum: General January 19th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By sandy58
Socket 478 vs 478B

On Jan 19, 6:59 pm, playstation60
wrote:
I was looking to see what the difference was between Socket 478 and 478
B.

Not sure if this is the right...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By sandy58
Could someone tell me the difference between burning a UDF and aISO/UDF DVD?

On Jan 17, 3:26 pm, "meerkat" wrote:
"Ron Cliburn" wrote in message

...I tried to burn a DVD and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By sandy58
strange software behavior winxp hp laptop

On Jan 17, 2:38 pm, "~AlicGinnis~" wrote:
Hi,
A month ago or so, a neighbor's aging HP laptop running xp sp2 started
inserting an endless series of equal signs at login...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By sandy58
tv ad

On Jan 16, 7:15 am, himana wrote:
This is the latest television advertisement of online job. Earn more
with/without minimum invesment.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By sandy58
USB extensioin cables

On Jan 16, 12:02 pm, Man-wai Chang ToDie
wrote:
Is there a significant difference between typical USB 1.0 and 2.0
cables? Are they all the same?

--
@~@ Might,...
Forum: General January 15th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Jan 14, 11:19 am, "John" wrote:
My daughter is about to replace a memory module. (UK based where we have 3
pin grounded wall sockets (mains receptacles))

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 08, 10:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By sandy58
Have processor need help finding main board

On Jan 13, 3:28 pm, Moe wrote:
I have an AMD A1400AMS3C processor, I have everything else needed
for the system except a motherboard. What I need in the way of a
Forum: General January 14th 08, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By sandy58
Slow and unreliable SATA drive

On Jan 14, 7:11 am, Dave the Funkatron wrote:
Hey all,

I bought myself a nice new Maxtor SATA drive (STM3500630AS), which I
put into my Windows XP box. The SATA drive...
Forum: General January 14th 08, 10:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By sandy58
Printer Ink

On Jan 13, 3:48 pm, Carl2435 wrote:
I have just installed a Lexmark Printer. I did have an HP Printer. I
fill my own ink cartridges. So I intend to use the same...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 137