Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 1.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TJ[_3_]
Forum: Printers December 14th 20, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 23
Posted By TJ[_3_]
What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On 12/3/20 9:09 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
And now I see I'm responding to something from like a year and a half
ago. D'oh!

Don't feel bad, Roger. I just came across this newsgroup myself.

I use...
Forum: Printers August 15th 10, 03:11 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Cleaning HP Print cartridges in Windows 7

On 08/14/2010 03:29 PM, Bast wrote:
TJ wrote:
On 08/14/2010 01:46 AM, DJT wrote:
I have an old HP Deskjet 5160 printer that I have used since Windows
98 se.

I have been thru...
Forum: Printers August 14th 10, 01:54 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Cleaning HP Print cartridges in Windows 7

On 08/14/2010 01:46 AM, DJT wrote:
I have an old HP Deskjet 5160 printer that I have used since Windows
98 se.

I have been thru windows XP and Vista with different computers.

with Windows...
Forum: Printers August 8th 10, 12:46 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Review of 62 All-In-One Inkjet printers

On 08/07/2010 08:33 AM, Alan Biddle wrote:
I find that CR is a good source for data, which they usually get
right. It serves as a good screen, and I can then find detailed
reviews for specific...
Forum: Printers July 29th 10, 06:34 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 46
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Postscript still important for laser printers? How much RAMis enough? LexMark?

On 07/28/2010 11:44 PM, Andrew Hamilton wrote:

I know a few
pros who would tell their kids to find another line of work, and some
of them have bailed out. Can't make any money these days....
Forum: Printers July 29th 10, 01:16 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Spun around with "Atlantic Inkjet"

On 07/29/2010 03:08 AM, Richard Steinfeld wrote:
Whoops!
Some people had good experiences with Atlantic Inkjet's ink quality so I
sent them an order around a 3 years ago. What I'd bought was a...
Forum: Printers July 28th 10, 01:34 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/27/2010 10:13 PM, Joel wrote:

So many things around you willingly to teach you but you don't
trust yourself enough to learn.

It's sad that lot of people don't spend little spare time...
Forum: Printers July 26th 10, 01:48 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/25/2010 10:44 PM, Joel wrote:
wrote:

FYI, I dare say that nobody that frequents this newsgroup knows more
about HP printers than Bob Headrick. Bob,...
Forum: Printers July 25th 10, 08:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/24/2010 07:13 PM, Joel wrote:
"Bob wrote:

wrote in message

Meanwhile...
Forum: Printers July 24th 10, 01:23 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Why do inkjet cartridges have those sponges?

On 07/20/2010 06:33 PM, Adam wrote:
Has anyone found out why inkjet cartridges have those sponges inside,
one for each ink? The only advantage I can see is that they keep ink
from spilling all...
Forum: Printers July 23rd 10, 01:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/20/2010 06:29 PM, Adam wrote:
TJ wrote:
Success at refilling is greatly increased if done before any of the
colors run out, and it doesn't hurt to refill when the cart is still 50%
Forum: Printers July 20th 10, 01:58 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/19/2010 03:49 PM, Joel wrote:

And most if not all ink yet printers (even laser printer) have option to
display the ink status, you can always check to see the ink level. Again,
this is...
Forum: Printers July 19th 10, 01:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/19/2010 02:01 AM, Joel wrote:
wrote:

On 07/14/2010 08:24 PM, Adam wrote:
Joel wrote:

P.S. Now I wonder if you can use a small hook to pull the...
Forum: Printers July 15th 10, 01:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/14/2010 08:24 PM, Adam wrote:
Joel wrote:

P.S. Now I wonder if you can use a small hook to pull the sponge out
of the
original cartridge to make it spongeless?

May be drilling...
Forum: Printers July 9th 10, 01:24 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/08/2010 08:18 PM, Joel wrote:
wrote:

Try searching on Ebay for a "genuine HP 22" cartridge. You'll often find
new carts at something like half-price that...
Forum: Printers July 7th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 51
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Refilling HP22 cart - magenta problems

On 07/05/2010 11:51 AM, Adam wrote:
Joel wrote:
I'd bet you ran the magenta sponge dry and fried
the corresponding jets in the printhead as a result.

Sounds reasonable. In future...
Forum: Printers June 17th 10, 02:16 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Deskjet always turns on at powerup

On 06/16/2010 11:36 PM, Adam wrote:
TJ wrote:
My HP Deskjet D1430 always switches itself on whenever I turn on AC
power to the whole computer system. This is a waste of electricity...
Forum: Printers June 17th 10, 03:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

On 06/16/2010 01:53 PM, UCLAN wrote:
TJ wrote:

On 06/15/2010 11:00 PM, Adam wrote:

My HP Deskjet D1430 always switches itself on whenever I turn on AC
power to the whole computer...
Forum: Printers June 16th 10, 04:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Deskjet always turns on at powerup

On 06/16/2010 08:59 AM, TJ wrote:
I don't own the printer you ask about, but I have owned several HP
printers. I use them with Linux for the most part, but I also use
Windows 2000 once in a...
Forum: Printers June 16th 10, 01:59 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Deskjet always turns on at powerup

On 06/15/2010 11:00 PM, Adam wrote:
My HP Deskjet D1430 always switches itself on whenever I turn on AC
power to the whole computer system. This is a waste of electricity and
an annoyance....
Forum: Printers June 11th 10, 12:19 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

On 06/10/2010 12:56 PM, TE Cheah wrote:
With ink, green is obtained by mixing cyan and yellow
The blue ink in my cartridge does not look like cyan ( a mix of
green& blue ). I notice my...
Forum: Printers May 31st 10, 03:55 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Why most ink cartridges have just yellow & no green ink ?

On 05/29/2010 11:48 PM, TE Cheah wrote:
Your printer has a color map that adds other colors to give you a specific
green color.
Green is a pure colour, no other colour added can increase pale...
Forum: General May 27th 10, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By TJ[_3_]
What processor?

On 05/22/2010 02:05 PM, UCLAN wrote:
philo wrote:

My system is 6-years old. For normal home (non gaming) use, what is
today's preffered CPU? Intel's Core i3? i5? AMD's Athlon II? AMD...
Forum: Printers March 24th 10, 11:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By TJ[_3_]
Something REALLY unusual refilling my new HP 97 cartridge.

On 03/23/2010 07:31 PM, DJT wrote:
I refill HP 56& 57 on a regular basis and used to refill HP97. I keep
several empty cartridges to cycle thru to reset the ink levels.
You don't need new full...
Forum: Printers March 18th 10, 08:23 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By TJ[_3_]
improve printers ability to feed used paper

On 03/18/2010 09:44 AM, wrote:
Arthur wrote:
Other than hand feeding each page, one at a time, I know of no way to
absolutely prevent a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54