Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AWM
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 24th 08, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 24
Posted By AWM
BILL -Check Master CD

metronoid
My 170369 cd has navigator 3.5
Could you send me the 1.1 version, maybe I could use it to repair the legend
402. I'm not sure what nav version is on the original HD of the d1000 (
When I...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 17th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By AWM
Verizon newsgroups

Well I just received a verizon notice that only these newsgroups will be
accessible after june 24...

Dear Verizon Online Customer,

As a Verizon Newsgroup service user, we wanted to let you know...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 17th 08, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By AWM
legend 402

Does anyone know how this model was originally loaded (disks or cd)?
It has a create system disks option in the system tools menu which I do not
see on my other versions(I think).
mc
"AWM"...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers June 14th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 5
Posted By AWM
legend 402

I picked up a legend 402cdw that still has the original HD (500MB) working.
It is an 75MGHz. Is this the actual speed or is it more like 66. Does anyone
know of any tricks to remove nicotine...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By AWM
identify device

Ok, I was trying to figure out where this thing came from. Did not see alot
of info on the web...
mc
"philo" wrote in message...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 01:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By AWM
identify device

I have this device (modem?) made by practical peripherals (PM1200SA MINI).
It has 10 little switches on the bottom. Does anyone know anything about
this device, (ie how it works, where to find...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 19th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

"metronid" wrote in message
On May 12, 9:07 pm, "AWM" wrote:
"metronid"...
Forum: Dell Computers May 18th 08, 02:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By AWM
usb drivers

value is in the fun of it all....
mc
"Christoper Muto" wrote in message
you remember that huh? i didn't mention it...
Forum: Dell Computers May 18th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By AWM
usb drivers

Thanks for that info Ben, we did pick up a compusa card, I do not know what
the chipset is though...
mc
"Ben Myers" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers May 17th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By AWM
usb drivers

I received a lexar digital film usb 16mb thumb drive when I bought my 8200 6
years ago. Does anyone know of a driver that will work on win 98 for this
flash drive?
mc
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 15th 08, 01:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 3
Posted By AWM
the old Comm Central program

Which PB Master cd's did this originally come on?
mc
wrote in message
Hey

It runs under Win...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 14th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By AWM
Modify win95 A to B

Bill I was able to get a sandisk 1gig flash drive to work in win 95, but I'm
trying to get an older seagate (32M), and an old dell (16M) to work. Have
you seen any drivers for these type of...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 13th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

"metronid" wrote in message
On May 12, 6:09 pm, "AWM" wrote:
"metronid"...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 12th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

"metronid" wrote in message
On May 11, 7:04 pm, "AWM" wrote:
Thanks for all...
Forum: Dell Computers May 12th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By AWM
Roxio

I do have a Nero cd that came with the Liteon dvd maybe I'll try it.....I
always thought Nero was an evil tyrant...so now he is resurrected as a
burner...
mc
"S.Lewis" ...
Forum: Dell Computers May 12th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By AWM
Roxio

I have three different laptops (2 dells) and 3 different versions of roxio
( easy cd creator 5.2, digital media, and the newer version 9). I've noticed
that on All of them when you make a data cd...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 12th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

Thanks for all the info Rich, the problem I actually have is a slight
distorted bubble appearance on the cd film that is preventing the
installation from installing completely. So I need to...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 11th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

Does anyone know how I could scan my original PB Win 98FE cd and locate the
errors preventing the installation? I could use my stand alone win 98 FE and
try to make a functioning...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 9th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 21
Posted By AWM
PB Restore cds

Bill
Do you have one with win 98FE any where in your collection? The markings on
the cd are MS# X03-94299 and 368-00001-000. This one is 3/4 red color
mc
wrote in message...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 7th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By AWM
Modify win95 A to B

metronoid I'll take any PB master cd's I can get, I'm also looking to
replace the cd for the 910 PB that would not work ( win 98FE, the markings
on the cd are MS# X03-94299 and 368-00001-000).
The...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 6th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By AWM
Modify win95 A to B

Thanks, the kids space is one of the rooms you click on inside navigator, I
kind of like it myself..the simple pleasures...
mc
"metronid" wrote in message...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 5th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 16
Posted By AWM
Modify win95 A to B

Does any one have an extra master cd wint win 95B that has the pb kids space
as part of the navigator? My kids like this one. Thats the version on the
d-1000 I picked a few months ago.
mc
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 4th 08, 01:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 14
Posted By AWM
soldered batteries

I had not thought about leaking, I was wondering if putting it in parallel
with the dead battery would shorten the life of the new one?
mc
"philo" wrote in message...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 4th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 14
Posted By AWM
soldered batteries

I'll send you a jpg hopefully later today...I do not have a heat sink so
I'll get one, and I'm not sure yet which lead is + or -. This is one of
smaller size bateries ( smaller than a dime I...
Forum: Packard Bell Computers May 3rd 08, 01:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 14
Posted By AWM
soldered batteries

Is it best to leave a dead soldered battery on a D1000 board ( it has ~ 1/4
inch clearance above the board) or snip it off in attempting to solder in a
coin holder?
mc
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50