-----Original Message-----
From: S.Lewis ]
Posted At: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:04 PM
Forum: Dell Computers August 12th 09, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By Boris
Dim 45550 1G Limit?

On Aug 11, 7:13*am, "Frank Haber" wrote:
A client's call about his old 4550-533's RAM prompted trips to Dell and
Crucial, both of which said, "two slots, 1G total max."...
Forum: Dell Computers July 27th 09, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
Studio - Good Price?

On Jul 27, 3:56*am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"Boris" wrote in message

Forum: Dell Computers July 27th 09, 06:51 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
Studio - Good Price?

From what I can find on the Dell site, this machine would go for
around $900. What am I missing? Do BestBuy purchases include Dell or
in-house warranties?

I'm trying to advise my daughter. I'll...
Forum: Dell Computers October 26th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Boris
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Oct 24, 5:59*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
i think you have done a great job isolating the issue and i would suggest
updating both the router firmware (version...
Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 08, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Boris
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Oct 24, 1:53*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
ps. *it is also worth checking the firmware of the linsys wireless n
router... linksys offers many updates that are often...
Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Boris
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Oct 24, 1:05*pm, RnR wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:08:27 -0700 (PDT), Boris

wrote:
On Oct 24, 10:31*am, Daddy ...
Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Boris
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Oct 24, 10:31*am, Daddy wrote:
This is not an error that is easy to fix over the phone.

STOP 0x0A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALhttp://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x0a

Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 08, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Boris
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I'm trying to fix my daughter's I8600, WinXPHome, SP2, over the phone.

Upon start up, she keeps getting the BSOD with:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage...
Forum: Dell Computers October 14th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Boris
Mini 9 deal

On Oct 14, 7:05*am, RnR wrote:
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:51:58 -0400, Ron Hardin

wrote:
olfart wrote:

"Ron Hardin"...
Forum: Dell Computers September 22nd 08, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
Inspiron 910 mini

On Sep 22, 10:03*am, Ron Hardin wrote:
I'm setting one up (XP Home version)

If you're used to the Vostro series, the XP setup
pages each tend to convince you that...
Forum: Dell Computers September 8th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
i6000 - Display Hinges Need Repair/Replace

On Sep 4, 7:41*am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"Boris" wrote in message

Forum: Dell Computers September 4th 08, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
i6000 - Display Hinges Need Repair/Replace

On Sep 3, 3:37*pm, "Christopher Muto" wrote:
i totally agree with stew. *and suggest crafting a short and precise letter
to detailing both the fact...
Forum: Dell Computers September 3rd 08, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
i6000 - Display Hinges Need Repair/Replace

On Sep 3, 11:13*am, Ben Myers
wrote:
Either ask to speak to the supervisor, or go the on-line route in requesting
warranty service. *You got a script monkey on...
Forum: Dell Computers September 3rd 08, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
i6000 - Display Hinges Need Repair/Replace

On Sep 3, 9:23*am, Ben Myers
wrote:
Looks like the hinges are integrated with some long rod-like pieces that run up
either side of the LCD screen and stabilize...
Forum: Dell Computers September 3rd 08, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Boris
i6000 - Display Hinges Need Repair/Replace

Hi,

My college daughter has an i6000 that is still under NBD warranty.
The display hinges have been loose for a while now, and I'd like to
have them fixed. If I remember correctly, when Dell came...
Forum: Dell Computers July 31st 08, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Boris
Reinstalling OS on D4550

On Jul 27, 9:24*am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"Tom Scales" wrote in message

There's not, as far as I...
Forum: Dell Computers July 23rd 08, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Boris
Connecting WD SATA to Dimension E510

I'm want to add a drive to my E5150/E510, which currently has one 80GB
hard drive, running WMCE.

I'm a little confused about what is needed as far as connections to
the motherboard are concerned,...
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Boris
changing OS on old dimension 4100

On Jun 30, 3:04 pm, Ben Myers
wrote:
My recollection agrees with Dean's. The Win 95 CD, any version (A, B, C) is not
bootable, and a boot floppy is needed to...
Forum: Dell Computers June 17th 08, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Boris
Vista Reverts to Lower Resolution When Coming Out of Sleep

On Jun 14, 7:11 pm, "WSZsr" wrote:
try this

Open Task Scheduler ( All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Task Scheduler)

Then go to "Task Scheduler...
Forum: Dell Computers June 15th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Boris
Vista Reverts to Lower Resolution When Coming Out of Sleep

On Jun 14, 11:24*pm, journey wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:08:47 -0700 (PDT), Boris

wrote:
I've *got a new (refurb'd) VistaHP Inspiron 1420...
Forum: Dell Computers June 15th 08, 07:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Boris
Vista Reverts to Lower Resolution When Coming Out of Sleep

On Jun 14, 6:45*pm, "WSZsr" wrote:
It's a Vista bug. *Search MS knowledgebase and there is a workaround for it.
Have you installed SP1 as I believe it fixes the problem.

Forum: Dell Computers June 15th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Boris
Vista Reverts to Lower Resolution When Coming Out of Sleep

On Jun 14, 4:41*pm, "William R. Walsh"
wrote:
Hi!

My immediate reaction is take the machine back to XP or another OS. After
that, try the...
Forum: Dell Computers June 15th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Boris
Vista Reverts to Lower Resolution When Coming Out of Sleep

On Jun 14, 4:08*pm, Boris wrote:
I've *got a new (refurb'd) VistaHP Inspiron 1420 laptop, 1280 x 800
resolution. *Whenever I close the cover, it goes into sleep....
Forum: Dell Computers June 15th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell